The "48"

Discussion on National League, K3 League and other related competitions.
SteveW
K2 promotion contender
K2 promotion contender

Re: The "48"

Postby SteveW » Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:11 pm

Don't have a huge inclination to do the 92 in England or 42 in Scotland at the moment. It would be a pretty expensive endeavour just to do the EPL teams.

For now I've set my sights on:

- 1 game in every round of the FA Cup from the 1st pre-qualifying all the way to the final
- Every team within a doable distance of me which seems to be primarily Western League, some Southern League, Hellenic League and Wiltshire League. Plus a handful of higher level clubs.

I'm soon getting to the point where driving for an hour and a half to watch football in one step up from a public park (or even a public park in some cases) in the rain is not that attractive a proposition.

One aim I had was to go and see York City lose before Jackie MacNamara got sacked but I might be too late for that now...
2014 Cass Lemon ROKfootball Prediction League Cup Competition brought to you in association with Dal Shabet Champion!!!

Groundhopping: the48club.wordpress.com

SEFC: seoulelandfc.wordpress.com

48 Club Count = 47. ONE TO GO!

Rothesay Saint
Propping up the K2
Propping up the K2

Postby Rothesay Saint » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:52 am

Missed last season, but if they give me a visa, I'll be back again this year and top priority in Korea is obviously going to be getting back in to the 48 club.

Of the 53 teams, I reckon I'll have to visit last year's new clubs in Pyeongtaek and Busan and maybe Yeosu if they are starting this year. Chungju have a new club but they'll probably be playing at Hummel's old place so I can give that a skip. Daejeon Korail also appear to have moved to the World Cup Stadium Auxillary Pitch.

So I reckon that's four new places to visit. Anything I've missed.
Bring back King Cha.

MipoFanatic
K2 promotion contender
K2 promotion contender

Postby MipoFanatic » Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:20 am

Rothesay Saint wrote:Daejeon Korail also appear to have moved to the World Cup Stadium Auxillary Pitch.

Has the National League lowered its (ludicrous) minimum capacity requirements?

Rothesay Saint
Propping up the K2
Propping up the K2

Postby Rothesay Saint » Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:32 am

With only eight teams left in there, I guess they're happy to kept going anyway they can. From memory Cheonan Football Centre doesn't have a particularly big seating capacity either and Cheonan have been there for a good long while.
Bring back King Cha.

SteveW
K2 promotion contender
K2 promotion contender

Postby SteveW » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:52 am

Plans slowly underway for the next adventure. A week in Bangkok has persuaded me that doing the Thai leagues would be an awesome adventure. Others on the list are Vietnam Philippines or China.

Of course the lure of coming back to Korea is also there. Maybe if they put the Martyrs back together or if we could finally get Ansan OB off the ground.

I’ve got some cash I need to burn before the Mrs gets half of it so he’ll startig a k3 club could be a good way to go out in style.
2014 Cass Lemon ROKfootball Prediction League Cup Competition brought to you in association with Dal Shabet Champion!!!

Groundhopping: the48club.wordpress.com

SEFC: seoulelandfc.wordpress.com

48 Club Count = 47. ONE TO GO!

RoqueJunior
Sojued-up touchline ajosshi

Postby RoqueJunior » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:54 pm

You're back in Scotland now? So next trip may be this summer in Korea?

By the way, do you know if it's really possible to reach Korea on the ground. I mean train from Europe to China and then boat? Do you think it's very expensive this kind of long trip?

eujin
K-League Classic champion
K-League Classic champion

Postby eujin » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:33 pm

RoqueJunior wrote:By the way, do you know if it's really possible to reach Korea on the ground. I mean train from Europe to China and then boat? Do you think it's very expensive this kind of long trip?

It's definitely possible, both through China and just staying in Russia. There's a ferry from Vladivostock to Donghae in Gangwondo http://dbsferry.com/eng/main/main.asp.

RoqueJunior

Postby RoqueJunior » Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:20 pm

This article is in my mother language, but man this is very cheap to reach Vladivostock from Moscow, about 100 euros.

I will be curious how it's the price from Vladivostock to Korea.

http://www.oviatabuna.ro/cat-costa-un-b ... ssiberian/

daeguowl
National League champion
National League champion

Postby daeguowl » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:37 pm

RoqueJunior wrote:This article is in my mother language, but man this is very cheap to reach Vladivostock from Moscow, about 100 euros.

I will be curious how it's the price from Vladivostock to Korea.

http://www.oviatabuna.ro/cat-costa-un-b ... ssiberian/

Can also do train to Beijing, another train to Tianjin and the ferry to No idea on cost

RoqueJunior

Postby RoqueJunior » Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:43 pm

Yeah, I have seen this as well, but you need visa for more countries. The visa for Russia is not easy to get by your own. I mean I think you'll get. You will do for sure if you contact a travel agency, but this means much more money. I dream to make this trip, but I don't think it will be in the near future or maybe never who knows, but hey it's nice to dream. Plans have to be made even if will never be met. For me it will be Bucharest -> Chisinau -> Moscow -> Vladivostok (no stops, 6-7 days should take) -> South Korea. The round trip should take about 20 days plus 4-5 days staying in Korea = almost 1 month. For this kind of trip I think it's better to talk with a travel agency.

Return to “Lower league football”