2014 Challengers League season

Discussion on National League, K3 League and other related competitions.
Alex43
National League champion
National League champion

Re: 2014 Challengers League season

Postby Alex43 » Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:37 pm

yeah, the kffl is probably a lot less organized than the ones in seoul, but still it gets on well. not sure if there is prize money for the leagues up there, but the only thing you could really get after is the prize money teams wins after tournaments. to be fair, it supports tourism, puts money in refs pockets (legit) for their time (most are korean), rents fields and puts a good imagine on both the foreigners and korean society. if they cracked down on that, its time to leave...
well well well

SteveW
K2 promotion contender
K2 promotion contender

Postby SteveW » Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:33 pm

It must be close-season if we are discussing immigration law on the Challengers League thread.

I googled NZ just for the hell of it: http://www.dol.govt.nz/immigration/know ... /item/1350

Seems that you can volunteer as long as you don't get any benefit from it. So you'd be OK, unless they gave you a tracksuit or a jacket to take home and then 'technically' they could say you were in breach. Not that they would probably.

In the US the situation is...complicated:

http://www.visaservices.duke.edu/volunteer.html#q1

But it seems the short answer is no, you can't do unpaid work.

And in Korea? As with pretty much everything if you google it you will get 5 different answers from the first 4 links.

Although, in any case, it seems the Challengers are not unpaid. They get something for their efforts.

I suppose they might be able to persuade a few guys to come and try their luck with the hope of getting picked up - for an unemployed Filipino (say) if they pay their flight, give them housing and a salary 500k-1m a month then I guess that might be enough to persuade them. I guess there are probably guys kicking around who would play for free if they get room and board paid. The question, of course, is whether these guys are any good...although they might have novelty value anyway. I'm sure Martyrs can pick up some of those odd missionary types.

McFadden for Jungnang Chorus Mustang!
2014 Cass Lemon ROKfootball Prediction League Cup Competition brought to you in association with Dal Shabet Champion!!!

Groundhopping: the48club.wordpress.com

SEFC: seoulelandfc.wordpress.com

48 Club Count = 47. ONE TO GO!

Alex43
National League champion
National League champion

Postby Alex43 » Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:21 pm

i'd probably get more benefits than i do now... let me know if any challenger teams need a guy
well well well

eujin
K-League Classic champion

Postby eujin » Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:45 pm

SteveW wrote:It must be close-season if we are discussing immigration law on the Challengers League thread.

As long as we're not discussing fashion or shopping it's all good by me.

I disagree about your interpretation of the rules in the US, but it's probably not important. I'm surprised if the likes of Seoul Martyrs think of themselves as anything much more than strong amateur teams. I'd also be surprised if immigration wants to know when students are playing sports for their uni teams and as we see in the FA Cup, a lot of the uni teams are better than the Challengers League. If foreign players are playing for free when all Koreans on the team are getting paid then I'd guess it's the same rules as in the US or elsewhere, not allowed.

If you're a permanent resident, but not Korean, then you weren't able to play under the old rules, but presumably now you're good to go, even for money.

SeoulUtd
Sojued-up touchline ajosshi

Postby SeoulUtd » Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:05 pm

Seoul United got another MOU! Hwooo!
---------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.seoulutd.com/208977
Seoul Utd got MOU with Crazyfootball company.
Cf is a social company about social contribution by football like local football class or amatuer football support.
United will be supported by Cf in the area of local football support and being a professional club.

OttoSilver
National League champion
National League champion

Postby OttoSilver » Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:13 pm

Had to look up what MOU meant :P

MOU

A memorandum of understanding (MOU or MoU) is a formal agreement between two or more parties. Companies and organizations can use MOUs to establish official partnerships. MOUs are not legally binding but they carry a degree of seriousness and mutual respect, stronger than a gentlemen's agreement.

The photo with the papers in special bindings kind of does suggest it is maybe a bit more than a gentleman's agreement. Looks rather formal, if you ask me.
There are two routes to success in football. One is being good. The other is being lucky. You need both to win a championship. But you need only one to win a match.

Korean Stadiums: http://tinyurl.com/KoreanStadiums

Sampo
National League champion
National League champion

Postby Sampo » Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:01 am

MOUs serve whatever purpose the two parties choose the have them to be. Something substantial of effect or nothing at all...

SeoulUtd

Postby SeoulUtd » Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:10 pm

Yeaaaah!
New manager of United!
Choi Sang-Guk
-K League 32 goals in 152 matches
-1987 top scorer and top assistant

SteveW
K2 promotion contender
K2 promotion contender

Postby SteveW » Thu Dec 25, 2014 10:38 am

Just got a personal invite to the Jungnang Chorus Mustang end of year dinner on Saturday..... and don't think I will be able to go as we're at the in-laws.
2014 Cass Lemon ROKfootball Prediction League Cup Competition brought to you in association with Dal Shabet Champion!!!

paquebot
National League champion
National League champion

Postby paquebot » Thu Dec 25, 2014 4:28 pm

SteveW wrote:Just got a personal invite to the Jungnang Chorus Mustang end of year dinner on Saturday..... and don't think I will be able to go as we're at the in-laws.

Why not bring the in-laws along ... or do they not allow guests at a Mustang dinner?
In Yangju, if your cabbage doesn't understand you and you have valid reason for not eating it, then it is ok to go to other vegetables for your kimchi - though strictly nothing from south of Namyangju. -- Martyrs Forever

OttoSilver
National League champion
National League champion

Postby OttoSilver » Fri Dec 26, 2014 12:26 am

What did you do to get so in with them? Did you manage all this at that one game you attended?
There are two routes to success in football. One is being good. The other is being lucky. You need both to win a championship. But you need only one to win a match.

Korean Stadiums: http://tinyurl.com/KoreanStadiums

SteveW
K2 promotion contender
K2 promotion contender

Postby SteveW » Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:23 pm

OttoSilver wrote:What did you do to get so in with them? Did you manage all this at that one game you attended?

I thought it was just my sparkling personality and stunning good looks...no?

Holyjoe

Postby Holyjoe » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:37 pm

Martyrs Forever wrote:How do you want your zebra? Well done?
Oh you better be fucking believe it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm crying!!!!! I am bloody crying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm coming back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now I'm running around the house naked shouting you fucking Martyrs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

October 11th, Happy Zebra-Slaying Day everybody!

Return to “Lower league football”