Kim Roman (김로만)

A forum for discussion of individual players.
paquebot
National League champion
National League champion

Kim Roman (김로만)

Postby paquebot » Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:14 am

Anyone heard of him? He used to be one of the students at my academy and recently agreed to move from Uijeongbu to the Pohang Steelers middle school so he can play for the team's U15 side. Reports have it that Seongnam were also interested in signing him.

http://news.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/2010/09/16/2010091602122.html

http://lezhin.com/611

http://www.cmck.kr/bbs/board_view.php?bbs_code=bbsIdx3&bbs_number=162&page=14&keycode=&keyword=

I spoke with his parents when he first started attending classes at our academy (~2008) and they said that they were planning a move to the United States in a year's time. Based on the articles above it sounds like that was due to the frequent teasing he got in school (not really a surprise, sad to say). I hope he ends up a success at Pohang ... and it would be great to see him featured in the 2018 World Cup! Image
In Yangju, if your cabbage doesn't understand you and you have valid reason for not eating it, then it is ok to go to other vegetables for your kimchi - though strictly nothing from south of Namyangju. -- Martyrs Forever

MipoFanatic
K2 promotion contender
K2 promotion contender

Re: Kim Roman (김로만)

Postby MipoFanatic » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:58 am

Yes, I think you mentioned him earlier.

I suppose it's universal (regardless of which country you're in) that kids pick on the "oddities" in school, as it's a Darwinistic sort of environment where virtually everyone has low self-esteem and some sort of a complex. But isn't it funny how a young foreigner in Korea gets ridiculed, whereas an adult foreigner in Korea often gets the reverse-apartheid celebrity treatment.

It's a funny ol' world we live in.

paquebot
National League champion
National League champion

Postby paquebot » Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:48 am

A clip about Kim Roman that aired yesterday on SBS Sports:

In Yangju, if your cabbage doesn't understand you and you have valid reason for not eating it, then it is ok to go to other vegetables for your kimchi - though strictly nothing from south of Namyangju. -- Martyrs Forever

Holyjoe
K-League Classic champion
K-League Classic champion

Postby Holyjoe » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:21 am

Missed this one but he's currently on loan at National League side Gangneung City from Pohang Steelers.. he's played quite a bit for them this season, was involved in the penalty shootout that Gangneung won against Ansan Greeners in the FA Cup as well.

Return to “Players”