K League - Busan I'Park - Busan Asiad Stadium

Got a question? Find the answer or ask it in here!
eujin
K-League Classic champion

Re: K League - Busan I'Park - Busan Asiad Stadium

Postby eujin » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:46 pm

willamangiro wrote:My guide & photos from the Asiad Stadium can be found here....

http://kleaguetour.weebly.com/busan-v-gangwon.html

Is there no commenting on your website? Here's a question for the away fans. If there's only 500 people in the ground, why do the away fans feel they need to sit in the old bit a thousand miles from the pitch, when they can just as well sit in the temp bit by the pitch. I believe jb does this when Gyeongnam play there. Haven't other away fans discussed this possibly? Did they come to the conclusion that it was best for them and best for their team if they sit a thousand miles away? If they sat in the temp stand bit furthest from the home fans it would work pretty well, would it not?

willamangiro
Sojued-up touchline ajosshi
Sojued-up touchline ajosshi

Postby willamangiro » Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:33 am

eujin wrote:
willamangiro wrote:My guide & photos from the Asiad Stadium can be found here....

http://kleaguetour.weebly.com/busan-v-gangwon.html

Is there no commenting on your website? Here's a question for the away fans. If there's only 500 people in the ground, why do the away fans feel they need to sit in the old bit a thousand miles from the pitch, when they can just as well sit in the temp bit by the pitch. I believe jb does this when Gyeongnam play there. Haven't other away fans discussed this possibly? Did they come to the conclusion that it was best for them and best for their team if they sit a thousand miles away? If they sat in the temp stand bit furthest from the home fans it would work pretty well, would it not?

In this instance the rain was so bad that you'd have to have been a mad man to stand in the open; strangely a fair few Busan fans did this, but im not sure why!

You're right though, if the weather was better it would certainly be sensible to go closer to the pitch; I was at the same fixture last year, and the gangwon fans didnt do this, which is a bit odd I suppose.

Saying that, the temporary stands obviously improve the view for spectators, but im not too sure about the atmosphere; even when it was sunny last year the place still felt like a library! :D

(I'll see if I can add some kind of comment section on my site)
http://www.kleaguefootball.com ; The unofficial English language home of Korean K-League football. Articles, News and Podcast. Follow on twitter or facebook at http://www.twitter.com/kleaguefootball or http://www.facebook.com/kleaguefootball

sjc_three
Propping up the K2
Propping up the K2

Postby sjc_three » Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:12 am

I'm not a very regularly visiter at the Asiad, but I've been there a few times and have never seen away fans sit in the temporary section. To be honest, having experienced the inanely ridiculous behaviour from home stewards at times, making us take down all our banners and move 30 metres to another part of an entirely empty stadium in the National League, it seems unlikely it would be allowed in the K-League at I-Park. Let's face it, as wonderful as this country is, common sense does not always prevail.

Regarding atmosphere, the most sensible thing I have seen from away supporters in the past, indeed the only time I have seen it differ from the comments above, was the Incheon fans a couple of seasons ago, who plotted up in the corner, lower tier, but under the upper tier, so the sound that they made was kind of channelled out onto the pitch, as opposed to disappearing into the air in the way that it does when you are in the open space behind the goal. That's about as creative as it's got though.

eujin

Postby eujin » Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:03 pm

You're probably right about the stewards, although if enough people did it they might have to think twice about how they accommodate visitors.

sjc_three
Propping up the K2
Propping up the K2

Postby sjc_three » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:00 pm

eujin wrote:You're probably right about the stewards, although if enough people did it they might have to think twice about how they accommodate visitors.

If we draw them in the cup, I will definitely get the ball moving on that front! (Please Gods of Football, PLEEEEEEASE!)

just because
Propping up the K2
Propping up the K2

Postby just because » Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:06 pm

It is ridiculous how far away the home fans are at Asiad. Plenty of seats for an away support to stake a claim in the temp stand. Just have a bit careful of the surly Busan :wink: ajoshis...........when we have sat there in the past got quite a few son of a bitches and crazy fuckers. All part of the fun if you ask me.

eujin

Postby eujin » Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:18 pm

just because wrote:It is ridiculous how far away the home fans are at Asiad.

Away fans?

Rothesay Saint
Propping up the K2
Propping up the K2

Postby Rothesay Saint » Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:25 pm

Nah, home fans sounds right. Most of them are so far away from the pitch they aren't even in the stadium.
Bring back King Cha.

just because
Propping up the K2
Propping up the K2

Postby just because » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:18 pm

eujin wrote:
just because wrote:It is ridiculous how far away the home fans are at Asiad.

Away fans?

Thats what I meant

eujin

Postby eujin » Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:27 am

That Haeundae tsunami film was on German TV last night. The blurb in the TV guide described Busan as a "Urlaubsparadies" (holiday paradise).

just because
Propping up the K2
Propping up the K2

Postby just because » Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:22 am

eujin wrote:That Haeundae tsunami film was on German TV last night. The blurb in the TV guide described Busan as a "Urlaubsparadies" (holiday paradise).

If you like being crammed in like a sardine it is...I went there once for summer vacation, never ever again. Nightmarish if you haven't got a hotel

Return to “Travel & club guides”