K2 - Yongin City

Got a question? Find the answer or ask it in here!
sjc_three
Propping up the K2
Propping up the K2

Re: K2 - Yongin City

Postby sjc_three » Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:15 pm

Somewhere to hang my flag. I'm happy. Museum sounds great too. Will definitely check it out. Thanks as always to all for the help. The place looks superb and definitely a big change from the usual National League generic design of stadia. From what Cyclops said, Chungju is also very different, which is the last game of the season the weekend after, so it's a perfect couple to go out on at the end of the season. Can't wait.

Holyjoe
K-League Classic champion
K-League Classic champion

Postby Holyjoe » Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:34 pm

sjc_three wrote:Somewhere to hang my flag. I'm happy. Museum sounds great too. Will definitely check it out. Thanks as always to all for the help. The place looks superb and definitely a big change from the usual National League generic design of stadia. From what Cyclops said, Chungju is also very different, which is the last game of the season the weekend after, so it's a perfect couple to go out on at the end of the season. Can't wait.

Giving up on the playoffs already? ;)

sjc_three
Propping up the K2
Propping up the K2

Postby sjc_three » Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:12 pm

Holyjoe wrote:
sjc_three wrote:Somewhere to hang my flag. I'm happy. Museum sounds great too. Will definitely check it out. Thanks as always to all for the help. The place looks superb and definitely a big change from the usual National League generic design of stadia. From what Cyclops said, Chungju is also very different, which is the last game of the season the weekend after, so it's a perfect couple to go out on at the end of the season. Can't wait.

Giving up on the playoffs already? ;)

Actually, I'm not confident at all of making them now, no. Our current form is erratic to say the least, 2 of the 3 games left are competitive away games, and there's a whole host of teams right behind us. There's got to be one of them that will put a run together. I'd say the odds are not good of us making it through. Either way, though, I wouldn't be able to do any of the play off away games anyway, so it would be the last 2 trips for sure.

sjc_three
Propping up the K2
Propping up the K2

Postby sjc_three » Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:48 am

Have attached a pic of the one stand at the ground. Sexy indeed.

Plus, anyone ever notice they have a dwarf for a ballboy here? He looks quite young, so at first mistook the little fellow for a child, but looking closer there's a definite dwarf swagger in his walk. Sadly no axe though.

mustoe02
National League champion
National League champion

Postby mustoe02 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:20 am

Looks like they've taken some of the bits rippped off the Munhak by the recent typhoon and built a mini stand roof with them...

Yongin are making a late dash to be amongst the 2022 World Cup stadiums presumably.

Plus, anyone ever notice they have a dwarf for a ballboy here? He looks quite young, so at first mistook the little fellow for a child, but looking closer there's a definite dwarf swagger in his walk. Sadly no axe though.

Are you allowed to say things like that anymore? :smt120 Oh, and you made a video too...why don't you dub the Benny Hill music on over the top?

sjc_three
Propping up the K2
Propping up the K2

Postby sjc_three » Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:00 pm

mustoe wrote:
sjc_three wrote:Plus, anyone ever notice they have a dwarf for a ballboy here? He looks quite young, so at first mistook the little fellow for a child, but looking closer there's a definite dwarf swagger in his walk. Sadly no axe though.

Are you allowed to say things like that anymore? :smt120 Oh, and you made a video too...why don't you dub the Benny Hill music on over the top?

Did stop for a moment to consider whether it was OTT, but figured sometimes for comic value it's worth pushing the boundaries a little. Was actually thinking of starting a new thread for spotting Lord of the Rings characters at Korean games. Apologies to anyone, if misjudged. (Couldn't manage Benny Hill accompaniment as, alas, I don't have the technical know how. :( )

mustoe02
National League champion
National League champion

Postby mustoe02 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:42 pm

Did stop for a moment to consider whether it was OTT, but figured sometimes for comic value it's worth pushing the boundaries a little. Was actually thinking of starting a new thread for spotting Lord of the Rings characters at Korean games. Apologies to anyone, if misjudged. (Couldn't manage Benny Hill accompaniment as, alas, I don't have the technical know how. )

Well actually, yes. Coming from a family of midgets has never been easy, but we've alwa...

...only jesting! :)

anamerican
K2 promotion contender
K2 promotion contender

Postby anamerican » Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:09 pm

http://local.daum.net/map/index.jsp?map ... urlLevel=3

About 16km from Yongin Bus Terminal.

MipoFanatic
K2 promotion contender
K2 promotion contender