Trying to get a team

Non-football stuff.
SteveW
K2 promotion contender
K2 promotion contender

Re: Trying to get a team

Postby SteveW » Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:51 pm

Step one is find a club who want to sign you.

Step two is then worry about the paperwork. The club will have to apply for a visa for you and then you will have to go to an embassy outside Korea to make it official once its approved.

You can go to Korea for 90 days without a visa and it seems to be perfectly OK to say 'looking for work' as the reason although 'just visiting as a tourist' will probably result in fewer questions. You will need to have an onward ticket though otherwise they might not let you board the plane.

Before you do anything though I would get a letter of introduction written in Korean and send it to every club you can find an email address for. See if any even reply.
2014 Cass Lemon ROKfootball Prediction League Cup Competition brought to you in association with Dal Shabet Champion!!!

Groundhopping: the48club.wordpress.com

SEFC: seoulelandfc.wordpress.com

48 Club Count = 47. ONE TO GO!

SpainGuy
Korean football wannabe
Korean football wannabe

Postby SpainGuy » Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:12 pm

After contacting Seoul Utd, the problem they had and have is they way they pay. To get the E-6 visa a monthly salary is needed, but they pay depending on how much games you play

Alex43
National League champion
National League champion

Postby Alex43 » Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:39 am

SpainGuy wrote:After contacting Seoul Utd, the problem they had and have is they way they pay. To get the E-6 visa a monthly salary is needed, but they pay depending on how much games you play

start with a low monthly salary with add on bonuses.

how much do they pay per game?
well well well

daeguowl
National League champion
National League champion

Postby daeguowl » Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:31 am

You could see if Spanish citizens qualify for the Working Holiday visa and whether that would let you achieve your aims.

SpainGuy
Korean football wannabe
Korean football wannabe

Postby SpainGuy » Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:43 pm

daeguowl wrote:You could see if Spanish citizens qualify for the Working Holiday visa and whether that would let you achieve your aims.

Yes, I already checked it before. But unfortunately that option is just available for 6 countries: France, Japan, Australia, New Zeland, EEUU and Canada.

Alex43 wrote:
SpainGuy wrote:After contacting Seoul Utd, the problem they had and have is they way they pay. To get the E-6 visa a monthly salary is needed, but they pay depending on how much games you play

I don't know, they just told me something like they pay depending on your performance, how much games you play, how much games you win.. Actually I didn't understand it at all. But seems like they don't use to pay a monthly salary. Anyway I'm still in contact with them, will tell you later.

Sampo
National League champion
National League champion

Postby Sampo » Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:50 pm

SpainGuy wrote:
daeguowl wrote:You could see if Spanish citizens qualify for the Working Holiday visa and whether that would let you achieve your aims.

Yes, I already checked it before. But unfortunately that option is just available for 6 countries: France, Japan, Australia, New Zeland, EEUU and Canada.

Alex43 wrote:

I don't know, they just told me something like they pay depending on your performance, how much games you play, how much games you win.. Actually I didn't understand it at all. But seems like they don't use to pay a monthly salary. Anyway I'm still in contact with them, will tell you later.

Way back when Bucheon was in the K3, the players' wages depended on their performance. I remember the figure being 800,000won for a win, 350,000 for a draw and 0 for a loss. I don't know how it worked for subs and unplayed players though.

daeguowl
National League champion
National League champion

Postby daeguowl » Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:30 pm

SpainGuy wrote:

According to an immigration official I met last week it's up to about 15 countries. You should probably check again

eujin
K-League K-Pop stalker
K-League K-Pop stalker

Postby eujin » Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:54 pm

daeguowl wrote:According to an immigration official I met last week it's up to about 15 countries. You should probably check again

According to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs website
Korea has bilateral Working Holiday Visa programs with twenty-one countries/region worldwide (and a unilateral Working Holiday Program for the U.K). (May 06, 2015)

but no Spain.
http://whic.mofa.go.kr/contents.do?menuNo=90&contentsNo=38

SpainGuy
Korean football wannabe
Korean football wannabe

Postby SpainGuy » Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:05 am

Does anyone know some manager working in korean leagues? I think this could facilitate the process.

Holyjoe
K-League Classic champion
K-League Classic champion

Postby Holyjoe » Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:45 am

SpainGuy wrote:Does anyone know some manager working in korean leagues? I think this could facilitate the process.

What's the going rate for an agent? 20%? 30%?

SpainGuy
Korean football wannabe
Korean football wannabe

Postby SpainGuy » Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:41 am

Holyjoe wrote:
SpainGuy wrote:Does anyone know some manager working in korean leagues? I think this could facilitate the process.

Well, that's something the player and the agent must decide, normally it oscillates between 5%-10% of the salary. To me it depends on the salary, as I said above I just want to survive the first years so, If the salary let me, I would give a 20%,30%..etc.

Alex43
National League champion
National League champion

Postby Alex43 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:23 am

SpainGuy wrote:
Holyjoe wrote:

Well, that's something the player and the agent must decide, normally it oscillates between 5%-10% of the salary. To me it depends on the salary, as I said above I just want to survive the first years so, If the salary let me, I would give a 20%,30%..etc.

i know a guy with a license who is new, but working hard. do you have anything i can show him though?
well well well

SpainGuy
Korean football wannabe
Korean football wannabe

Postby SpainGuy » Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:37 am

Alex43 wrote:
SpainGuy wrote:
Holyjoe wrote:

i know a guy with a license who is new, but working hard. do you have anything i can show him though?

Yes, sending you through PM.

SpainGuy
Korean football wannabe
Korean football wannabe

Postby SpainGuy » Sat May 07, 2016 10:06 am

Finally I'm going to Korea next month, will try to get the chance when I'm there.

Let's see how it goes mates.

Rothesay Saint
Propping up the K2
Propping up the K2

Postby Rothesay Saint » Sat May 07, 2016 1:06 pm

SpainGuy wrote:Finally I'm going to Korea next month, will try to get the chance when I'm there.

Let's see how it goes mates.

Good luck!
Bring back King Cha.

Return to “Off-topic”