Trying to get a team

Non-football stuff.
SpainGuy
Korean football wannabe
Korean football wannabe

Trying to get a team

Postby SpainGuy » Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:59 pm

Hello everybody, I'm new in this forum, I decided to register after following it since some time. Anyway, my name is Javier, I'm a 22 y.o. spanish player and I'm trying to get a team in Korea.
I'm about moving there so my purpose is to join K-League Challenge or National League as soon as possible.
Any help or advice is welcome. If someone is interested or know someone who could be interested, just contact me through the forum or my e-mail: javinieto_105@hotmail.com, and I will make you contact with my manager. Of course, I got video and CV.

I really hope someone helps me!!

Thank you very much for reading.

changwonmatty
Cabbage country dweller
Cabbage country dweller

Re: Trying to get a team

Postby changwonmatty » Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:29 am

Firstly it is very rare for national league teams to have foreigners on their teams. The team budget does not allow for it. The only one in the last couple seasons I can think of was loaned to a national league team from a K-league challenge team.

Secondly, the level of foreigner at the Kleague challenge level is decent. There was a Spaniard at Challenge level last season whose name was Sisinio González Martínez or Sisi. He had been playing for Osasuna in the Segunda division before here. If you are not playing at this level in Europe it is doubtful clubs will look twice at you. Most foreigners are brought in from South America with the occasional European.

The only two Europeans in the Kleague challange this season are Christian Danalache who topped scored in the Chinese first division three seasons ago and Milos Stojanovic who already has scored goals in both China and Korea and was playing in the Serbian first division before Asia.
Kleague Classic (9) - 서울WC, 수원WC, 인천숭의, 성남탄천, 전주WC, 포항스틸야드, 울산문수, 광주WC,상주종합
Kleague Challenge (9) - 창원축구센터, 창원종합, 마산종합, 진주종합, 양산종합, 대구종합, 함안종합, 부산아시아드, 대전WC
National League (3) - 창원축구센터, 부산구덕, 울산장합

SpainGuy
Korean football wannabe
Korean football wannabe

Postby SpainGuy » Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:59 am

Sorry If my words showed underestimation of korean soccer, I didn't mean it. Actually no, I'm not playing in 2a División, and I have never thought foreign player level on K-League Challenge is low. I've watched so many games of that League so I talk from the knowledge. Anyway I'm not a star or something similar, I'm just looking kind of a trial to convince a team.
Thank you for your reply and the information.

MipoFanatic
K2 promotion contender
K2 promotion contender

Postby MipoFanatic » Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:53 am

Why did you choose Korea? If you want to see the world, there are leagues that are easier to break into. Southeast Asia has a few.

Your EU passport would make playing in a Eastern European league much easier, no?

If you are really serious about Korea, you're going to have to start from the bottom, and be prepared to pay your own way. Pay someone fluent in Korean to write an introductory letter for you, and send it to all the K3-League (fourth-division) clubs. Tell them you will be in South Korea from Date A to Date B, and will be available for trials. Fly out there, have a translator on stand-by, and go to some trials (with a translator) if you are offered any. Make it easy for the clubs; they're not going to bend over backwards for unproven players.

K3 is essentially semi-pro. Do you have enough money to play on a low, part-time salary for a year or two? If you can afford to do so, a K3 club might be willing to take you if you are cheap and play well.

If you can show that you are the best in the entire K3-League in your position for a season or two, one of the National League (third division) or K-League Challenge (second division) clubs might be willing to pay you a full-time salary - clubs are impressed when foreigners can survive in Korea without getting homesickness, which is why many of the foreign players (such as Brazilians) bounce from club to club in Korea.

Even better would be to figure out when clubs have (open) trials, and visit Korea during that time period. Busan in the K-League Challenge finished theirs more than a month ago.

Clubs below the K-League level don't have the money to pay for a part-time Spanish-Korean or English-Korean translator for you, and most clubs will not have anyone (staff or players) fluent in Spanish or English. If you are determined to go to Korea, learn some of the language, especially relating to football. If you go for trials and show that you have already learned some of the language, that would impress the teams. Most of the full-time, highly-paid foreigners don't put the time and effort in to do this. If you can understand the manager speaking in Korean during his team talks, and you can communicate directly with other players, that might make signing you much less of a burden for the Korean clubs.

Unless you're a very good player, doing all of this probably isn't worth your money and time. Korean football is not a shortcut for players unable to make a living from European football.

Are there any domestic leagues in the world without foreign player limits? If so, those would be much easier to break into than Korean club football.
Last edited by MipoFanatic on Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Holyjoe
K-League Classic champion
K-League Classic champion

Postby Holyjoe » Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:55 am

Yeah changwonmatty and MipoFanatic have covered some of the main problems you'll run in to.

Your best bet is probably to get the attention of a K3 League (fourth division) team but you'll have to go over to Korea. If you're Spanish then it's perhaps worth looking at the new side Siheung who are managed by Spanish coach Kiki Linero - I believe he's worked at Athletic Bilbao and Sevilla at some youth levels in the past and has spent a bit of time in Korea with FC Seoul youngsters before getting this managerial job.

SpainGuy
Korean football wannabe
Korean football wannabe

Postby SpainGuy » Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:11 am

I picked Korea because it is a country I've always liked, and I think now it's a good time to try and go there. And you're right, it would be easier to join some European league to me, but I'm not ambitious with soccer, I mean, I want to join a korean club because of Korea, that's all. No shortcuts or similar. To me, soccer, is just a tool to get what I want.
Anyway, I'm learning Korean nowadays, so I hope to have learnt enough when I'm there to communicate with the manager and teammates.
And I'm going to take your advice, I will try to join some K3 League team, it's the best idea. Just wanted to know more about the soccer situation in Korea.

Does someone know about how to contact Siheung?

Joining this forum was a great idea, you guys are really helping me. Thank you

MipoFanatic
K2 promotion contender
K2 promotion contender

Postby MipoFanatic » Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:01 am

SpainGuy wrote:I picked Korea because it is a country I've always liked, and I think now it's a good time to try and go there. And you're right, it would be easier to join some European league to me, but I'm not ambitious with soccer, I mean, I want to join a korean club because of Korea, that's all. No shortcuts or similar. To me, soccer, is just a tool to get what I want.

If that's the case, I wonder if you might be more likely to be offered employment in South Korea as a Spanish teacher at a school or hagwon.

SteveW
K2 promotion contender
K2 promotion contender

Postby SteveW » Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:29 pm

Seems like we have this conversation at least once a season.

If you haven't played professionally in Spain you are not going to get a K-League team. You don't mention your level and prior experience.

K3 will be your only option but, and its a big but, you're probably very unlikely to get a visa to play K3 football.

If you just want to live in Korea and can afford it then your best bet is to study the language or take a course at a university. Spanish language teaching is an option though I really have no idea how much demand there is for that.

If you really want to play football in Korea then you should move there and hustle. Bear in mind Korean teams are inundated with agents from all over the world trying to tout them players so if you aren't already in Korea then you will be one of thousands of spam emails they see every day. You need to go there and be prepared to spend a year or two trying to find an opportunity. You might get lucky, you might not.

I have only ever seen a handful of foreign players in K3 and they seem to have got there more through luck than judgement in most cases.
2014 Cass Lemon ROKfootball Prediction League Cup Competition brought to you in association with Dal Shabet Champion!!!

Groundhopping: the48club.wordpress.com

SEFC: seoulelandfc.wordpress.com

48 Club Count = 47. ONE TO GO!

SpainGuy
Korean football wannabe
Korean football wannabe

Postby SpainGuy » Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:18 pm

I've played on the best league of Spain on u17, u18 and u19 team. Nowadays I'm 22 and I'm about signing for 3rd spanish division.

Yes, I have considered about other ways to go there of course, but football is still my first option.
Anyway, seems like I will have to go there and have some luck.

Thank you for your honest opinions.

SteveW
K2 promotion contender
K2 promotion contender

Postby SteveW » Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:32 pm

One more reason to get Ansan OB Rovers going is that we can run some kind of visa for football scam with all the people who come here looking for info:)

One day....one day!
2014 Cass Lemon ROKfootball Prediction League Cup Competition brought to you in association with Dal Shabet Champion!!!

SpainGuy
Korean football wannabe
Korean football wannabe

Postby SpainGuy » Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:06 am

If I would join a K3 team I guess I would have to get a part-time job too. I wonder If it is hard for a foreigner to find job. Korean is mandatory, isn't it?

SteveW
K2 promotion contender
K2 promotion contender

Postby SteveW » Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:22 am

Hmm... you'd need to be careful with that.

If you get a visa to play football then you probably won't be able to work another job

If you get a visa to work then you probably won't be able to play football

Of course there are always opportunities to work less than 100% legally but you'd be taking a risk.

SpainGuy
Korean football wannabe
Korean football wannabe

Postby SpainGuy » Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:19 am

And what about playing football without salary? It is legal?

eujin
K-League K-Pop stalker
K-League K-Pop stalker

Postby eujin » Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:15 pm

There must be some foreigners in the Uni leagues who are playing on student visas. Somebody know any of them?

There are foreigner leagues and foreigner teams in many parts of the country, so playing football for nothing is not a problem.
http://www.korea4expats.com/article-exp ... korea.html

SteveW
K2 promotion contender
K2 promotion contender

Postby SteveW » Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:09 pm

Actually legally it doesn't matter if you get paid or not for something it's still illegal.

If you play in a Sunday amateur league it's unlikely anyone will care but I'd imagine at K3 level it would be noticed.

Students I believe are legally allowed to work part time on their visas. So you could play on a student visa. Would need to check though.

Return to “Off-topic”