Ask the Podcast

Non-football stuff.
daeguowl
National League champion
National League champion

Re: Ask the Podcast

Postby daeguowl » Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:29 pm

Alex43 wrote:i was wondering if you where ever going to have that sexy jeonbuk fan and his future wife bora on the show? i heard he is free this coming week...

Bora is on every week, i'm surprised she didnt mention it

eujin
K-League K-Pop stalker
K-League K-Pop stalker

Postby eujin » Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:46 pm

daeguowl wrote:
Alex43 wrote:i was wondering if you where ever going to have that sexy jeonbuk fan and his future wife bora on the show? i heard he is free this coming week...

Bora is on every week, i'm surprised she didnt mention it

Maybe it's not the only secret she has from him?

Alex43
National League champion
National League champion

Postby Alex43 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:29 am

the secret is she sent her stunt double so she could stay at home with me... who have you been co-hosting with this whole time?
well well well

daeguowl
National League champion
National League champion

Postby daeguowl » Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:31 pm

Alex43 wrote:the secret is she sent her stunt double so she could stay at home with me... who have you been co-hosting with this whole time?

I guess you could come on next week. Do you have anything interesting to say?

Alex43
National League champion
National League champion

Postby Alex43 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:49 pm

daeguowl wrote:
Alex43 wrote:the secret is she sent her stunt double so she could stay at home with me... who have you been co-hosting with this whole time?

I guess you could come on next week. Do you have anything interesting to say?

i shared a love motel room with one of the host last year. i can talk about that...
well well well

daeguowl
National League champion
National League champion

Postby daeguowl » Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:19 pm

Do you guys listen to our podcast? If you do, do you listen to every episode, most episodes or once in a while? If you dont, why not?

eujin
K-League K-Pop stalker
K-League K-Pop stalker

Postby eujin » Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:26 pm

I've not listened for a while. Are you still doing it? The last time I listened was probably around the last time someone posted on here about it ~ beginning August.

If you're not advertising on ROKfootball you're probably not reaching 80% of your target demographic.

nzfooty
K-League Classic champion

Postby nzfooty » Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:49 pm

eujin wrote:I've not listened for a while. Are you still doing it? The last time I listened was probably around the last time someone posted on here about it ~ beginning August.

If you're not advertising on ROKfootball you're probably not reaching 80% of your target demographic.

These days every man and his dog has a page on Facebook about their experiences of the K-League. There is no single place where anyone can reach anyone with anything meaningful to say. I hope the lack of "critical mass" will see some people come back but I guess it remains to be seen.

daeguowl
National League champion
National League champion

Postby daeguowl » Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:20 am

eujin wrote:I've not listened for a while. Are you still doing it? The last time I listened was probably around the last time someone posted on here about it ~ beginning August.

Still going strong. I guess we figured people would subscribe thru itunes or soundcloud rather than us having to upload the link here each week.

Holyjoe

Postby Holyjoe » Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:29 am

nzfooty wrote:

These days every man and his dog has a page on Facebook about their experiences of the K-League. There is no single place where anyone can reach anyone with anything meaningful to say. I hope the lack of "critical mass" will see some people come back but I guess it remains to be seen.

Yeah it's a shame in a way that 'traditional' internet forums are on the wane but then Facebook and Twitter offer a much more centralised online information/discussion experience where people can participate in online discussion about anything from the one starting point. Forums are a great way to structure communities on the internet but they're quite limited in connectivity and expression compared to what social media offers. That's probably what's going to spell the end for ROKfootball as a forum as well in the not-too-distant future I would imagine.

I've noticed a distinct drop off in usage in a number of forums I use frequently over the last few years, mainly Scottish football related ones but even somewhere like Dave's ESL Cafe which I looked in on a couple of weeks ago is a shadow of its former self. Some might say that's a good thing, but ten or so years ago it was pretty much the only location on the internet to discuss English teaching in Korea, now as you say every man and his dog can set up Facebook groups for anything and everything (I'm still a member of the Incheon English Teachers group and I think I was part of a Bupyeong English Teachers group as well as an F-2 Teachers group).

It's a shame really as I like the fact that forums provide a much more organised and structured way of storing information and discussions for a particular subject or topic of interest, however niche, that can then be referenced again in the future. We've got 10+ years of Korean football stuff on here all nicely categorised and relatively easy to look up should you wish to revisit something that happened in the eleventh round of matches during the 2007 National League season (overlooking the fact the search function on this site is shit). I see Facebook and Twitter as more of a 'here and now' platform - you aren't going to get a discussion thread like we have for The "48" going on for more than five years on Facebook.

I've no idea how much longer this forum will stick around for, certainly it would do a lot better if it was part of an overall Korean football news & information site, which of course it used to be until the original contributors slowly started moving on from Korea and not all have retained the interest in Korean football that some of us who keep coming back here have.. until it got to the point where I just couldn't be arsed getting other folk involved or keeping it going. I'd moved on from Korea as well so that made it even more difficult. Back then I had all the time in the world as well to run the forum properly, do all the behind-the-scenes updating etc.. now with three kids running riot I get about seven minutes to myself each day if I'm lucky so the site will pretty much run as-is until it either gets fucked up by interweb goblins once more or everyone leaves :smt006

changwonmatty
Cabbage country dweller
Cabbage country dweller

Postby changwonmatty » Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:13 pm

I am not leaving Korea any time in the next decade or so (baring some unforseen circumstance) so I will still be chasing down that 48 club (or whatever it is then)...might have to just be the Top 3 divisions for myself though.....

I still think this forum has plenty of life in it yet........sure a few more suckers will end up being drawn in here and there.
Kleague Classic (9) - 서울WC, 수원WC, 인천숭의, 성남탄천, 전주WC, 포항스틸야드, 울산문수, 광주WC,상주종합
Kleague Challenge (9) - 창원축구센터, 창원종합, 마산종합, 진주종합, 양산종합, 대구종합, 함안종합, 부산아시아드, 대전WC
National League (3) - 창원축구센터, 부산구덕, 울산장합

daeguowl
National League champion
National League champion

Postby daeguowl » Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:13 pm

changwonmatty wrote:I am not leaving Korea any time in the next decade or so (baring some unforseen circumstance) so I will still be chasing down that 48 club (or whatever it is then)...might have to just be the Top 3 divisions for myself though.....

I still think this forum has plenty of life in it yet........sure a few more suckers will end up being drawn in here and there.

There are plenty of potential members out there but it seems Seoul fans are mainly blackballed. I've recommended this forum to loads and they never get past the screening process.

By the way, the easiest way to get access to our podcast is to be a member of our fb group.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/939288232777740/

changwonmatty
Cabbage country dweller
Cabbage country dweller

Postby changwonmatty » Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:20 am

As for the podcast....havent been in Korea so didnt listen to it but figure if it is on the go next year (as I move back again) will be on to it.....

Gyeongnam fans for this forum are very thin on the ground...James and I. I have a feeling James might be scaling back his interest somewhat as I am presuuming he doesnt really have much time anymore.

I like here much better than facebook forums.....much more information.
Kleague Classic (9) - 서울WC, 수원WC, 인천숭의, 성남탄천, 전주WC, 포항스틸야드, 울산문수, 광주WC,상주종합
Kleague Challenge (9) - 창원축구센터, 창원종합, 마산종합, 진주종합, 양산종합, 대구종합, 함안종합, 부산아시아드, 대전WC
National League (3) - 창원축구센터, 부산구덕, 울산장합

eujin
K-League K-Pop stalker
K-League K-Pop stalker

Postby eujin » Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:21 am

Are we expected to sign up to facebook or itunes just to end up complaining about how large corporations are ruining football?

Right, I'll get on to it....

Holyjoe

Postby Holyjoe » Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:36 am

daeguowl wrote:
changwonmatty wrote:I am not leaving Korea any time in the next decade or so (baring some unforseen circumstance) so I will still be chasing down that 48 club (or whatever it is then)...might have to just be the Top 3 divisions for myself though.....

There are plenty of potential members out there but it seems Seoul fans are mainly blackballed. I've recommended this forum to loads and they never get past the screening process.

As long as folk follow the instructions and send a reply after receiving the automated registration email then they'll be activated on the forum regardless of which team they support. Maybe the Seoul fans just can't read :wink:

Return to “Off-topic”