Its been fun guys...see you in a couple of years.

Non-football stuff.
just because
Propping up the K2
Propping up the K2

Its been fun guys...see you in a couple of years.

Postby just because » Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:40 pm

As a couple people on this board know I am departing Korea at the end of this week and am moving to Auckland, NZ. In all likelihood I will be gone for 2 years but there is a possibility I could be gone for longer, about 4 or 5 years.

Just want to say thank you to all the great people I met on my travels who I got to share a beer or 10 with because of this board. Also a big thanks to Holyjoe for keeping this forum going and making Kleague much more enjoyable to enjoy.

I will miss the Kleague a lot and will check into this place from time to time and hopefully by the time I return Gyeongnam are back up fighting for top half spots again and Changwon FC will have claimed the Nleague title.

Looks like Auckland City FC will be my new team but by the time I move to NZ there is only one home game left....bloody short season.

:smt006

FCSeoul
Aspiring K4-Leaguer
Aspiring K4-Leaguer

Re: Its been fun guys...see you in a couple of years.

Postby FCSeoul » Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:01 pm

Good luck to you. :smt006

A bit off topic, but 15 NZD for a ticket? That is bloody expensive! :shock:

sjc_three
Propping up the K2
Propping up the K2

Postby sjc_three » Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:07 pm

Have a great time, mate. I'm sure the Changwon Football Centre won't be the same without you! Look forward to hearing about how it's going over in NZ!

Holyjoe
K-League Classic champion

Postby Holyjoe » Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:59 pm

Aye all the best with the move and hopefully you do keep checking in here from time to time :)

njs
National League champion
National League champion

Postby njs » Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:34 pm

just because wrote:As a couple people on this board know I am departing Korea at the end of this week and am moving to Auckland, NZ. In all likelihood I will be gone for 2 years but there is a possibility I could be gone for longer, about 4 or 5 years.

Just want to say thank you to all the great people I met on my travels who I got to share a beer or 10 with because of this board. Also a big thanks to Holyjoe for keeping this forum going and making Kleague much more enjoyable to enjoy.

I will miss the Kleague a lot and will check into this place from time to time and hopefully by the time I return Gyeongnam are back up fighting for top half spots again and Changwon FC will have claimed the Nleague title.

Looks like Auckland City FC will be my new team but by the time I move to NZ there is only one home game left....bloody short season.

:smt006

Well I've been following the K-League from Auckland for 10 effing years so get in line!!!.

Also, support Waitakere City. The other Auckland team 8) What are you doing here? working or studying? I might be able to give some lifestyle tips. It's been my home for 33 of my 37 years. :)
Anyang Fo' Life

paquebot
National League champion
National League champion

Postby paquebot » Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:35 pm

Hope you'll still stop by every now and again to post on the forums. Certainly won't be the same place without you.
All the best with the move and enjoy your time in NZ!
In Yangju, if your cabbage doesn't understand you and you have valid reason for not eating it, then it is ok to go to other vegetables for your kimchi - though strictly nothing from south of Namyangju. -- Martyrs Forever

eujin

Postby eujin » Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:32 pm

just because wrote:Looks like Auckland City FC will be my new team but by the time I move to NZ there is only one home game left....bloody short season.

Isn't the winter season just about to start down there? Well, preseason training at least.

just because
Propping up the K2
Propping up the K2

Postby just because » Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:23 am

Thanks for all the well wishers....in answer to your questions

FCSeoul wrote:A bit off topic, but 15 NZD for a ticket? That is bloody expensive! :shock:

Not too bad I suppose...last Aleague match I went to cost 40 dollars. :smt119

njs wrote:
just because wrote:Well I've been following the K-League from Auckland for 10 effing years so get in line!!!.

Also, support Waitakere City. The other Auckland team 8) What are you doing here? working or studying? I might be able to give some lifestyle tips. It's been my home for 33 of my 37 years. :)

I saw there are 3 teams from Auckland in the league and figured I would go to the two main clubs and get a feel for which one I like...might have to wait until next season though but will get along to a couple finals.

My wife is coming to study her masters at Auckland Uni so I am tagging along for the ride and going into a well deserved retirement for a couple of years. Once al things are settled I am keen to meet up for a couple of drinks....I know nzfooty lives in Auckland as well so maybe we can have an rok forum meetup and share Korean battle stories.

eujin wrote:Isn't the winter season just about to start down there? Well, preseason training at least.

Summer league...runs November till March. Will be properly moved in and settled hopefully by late Feb

weka
Aspiring K4-Leaguer
Aspiring K4-Leaguer

Postby weka » Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:04 am

Aye... take care. But hey ... instead of the AFC CL now you get to watch the OFC CL! :smt007

njs
National League champion
National League champion

Postby njs » Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:30 am

just because wrote:Looks like Auckland City FC will be my new team but by the time I move to NZ there is only one home game left....bloody short season.

I don't know the date of your arrival but the national league regular season goes until Feb 23. Then semi and final and they'll probably all be in Auckland as per usual because Waitakere and Auckland always finish top of the table or thereabouts. Waitakere is an Auckland team that plays at a small ground out in West Auckland. They play Auckland out there on the 2nd of Feb.

Also the Wanderers play in Auckland as well. At North Harbour Stadium but they're crap. They replaced one of the other teams which collapsed I guess. I wasn't paying attention.

And eujin is right. They'll get into the winter season not long afterwards with these clubs carrying on playing, though not with the same players/teams as such. This summer comp is to get a little more exposure for domestic football so it isn't competing with the FAR MORE POPULAR rugby union and rugby league (well Warriors and NRL anyway).

Also the Wellington Phoenix play Adelaide United at Eden Park on the 1st of Feb. Tickets are $25NZ.
Anyang Fo' Life

Cyclops
National League champion
National League champion

Postby Cyclops » Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:01 am

All the best for the move mate. From the looks of the last post you'll be spoilt for football over the next few weeks!

eujin

Postby eujin » Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:23 pm

Yeah, have a great time. New Zealand is awesome. Your post reminded me what a great time I had there, especially when I was first arriving in the middle of summer. I think I found a soccet team before I found a place to live and I couldn't really believe it when my teammates said I needed to get boots with good studs because the ground was rock hard. You're probably already used to the down-under style and Auckland does try a bit too much to be like LA, but it's all good nonetheless.

njs
National League champion
National League champion

Postby njs » Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:41 pm

eujin wrote:Yeah, have a great time. New Zealand is awesome. Your post reminded me what a great time I had there, especially when I was first arriving in the middle of summer. I think I found a soccet team before I found a place to live and I couldn't really believe it when my teammates said I needed to get boots with good studs because the ground was rock hard. You're probably already used to the down-under style and Auckland does try a bit too much to be like LA, but it's all good nonetheless.

Depends what burb you're in. Some streets I drive down I think they're convinced they're living in effing Miami. East Auckland is the worst. The waterfront has improved a bit in recent years but still has a way to go.
Anyang Fo' Life

just because
Propping up the K2
Propping up the K2

Postby just because » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:03 am

Is there a winter league as well????? I couldnt find anything on it.

I will be fully settled and moved in and all my shite done hopefully by the second last week of Feb. I arrive there on the 4th of Feb but the first weekend my mate there has us all booked up for two days of test cricket...second weekend Auckland City plays at home but my wife arrives in Auckland the same day so I should be at the airport to meet her. Will try to get to a game or two of the finals.

njs wrote:Depends what burb you're in. Some streets I drive down I think they're convinced they're living in effing Miami. East Auckland is the worst. The waterfront has improved a bit in recent years but still has a way to go.

I am living in Hauraki near Taranaki on the north shore....dont know much about it but since I found out where I am living I have only heard good things. Right on the beach.

eujin

Postby eujin » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:31 am

just because wrote:I am living in Hauraki near Taranaki on the north shore....

Near Taranaki? Might be a bit of a commute.

One other piece of advice. I once tried to book a ticket to Auckland through a Korean travel agent. She came back after a while with everything sorted and had got me a ticket to Oakland in California.

Return to “Off-topic”