Sistar are bloody lovely

Non-football stuff.
OttoSilver
National League champion
National League champion

Re: Sistar are bloody lovely

Postby OttoSilver » Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:37 am

Nice pro photography. Loved the gif. Funny :)

And the girls...well.. they are in the photos, I guess. :P
There are two routes to success in football. One is being good. The other is being lucky. You need both to win a championship. But you need only one to win a match.

Korean Stadiums: http://tinyurl.com/KoreanStadiums

Alex43
National League champion
National League champion

Postby Alex43 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:09 am

well well well

weka
Aspiring K4-Leaguer
Aspiring K4-Leaguer

Postby weka » Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:23 am

Hey now, I only like KYD. I would go for the other option, dammit

SteveW
K2 promotion contender
K2 promotion contender

Postby SteveW » Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:28 am

Pretty bad year for K-Pop 2014 - 16 people killed during a K-Pop event in Seongnam after falling through a ventilation grate. :(

Scary....
2014 Cass Lemon ROKfootball Prediction League Cup Competition brought to you in association with Dal Shabet Champion!!!

Groundhopping: the48club.wordpress.com

SEFC: seoulelandfc.wordpress.com

48 Club Count = 47. ONE TO GO!

Alex43
National League champion
National League champion

Postby Alex43 » Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:59 am

SteveW wrote:Pretty bad year for K-Pop 2014 - 16 people killed during a K-Pop event in Seongnam after falling through a ventilation grate. :(

Scary....

4 minute concert in a public park. 30 something people up on a vent, said they wanted to get a better few. fell something like 20 meters down. not so much a bad year for kpop, as just a generally bad year for korea and safety concerns. boat, train, buildings, floods, and not this. cant remember anything other than floods in the past to be honest.
well well well

Holyjoe
K-League Classic champion

Postby Holyjoe » Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:30 pm

K-Pop fan becomes president of Indonesia. All the smart, cool kids love K-Pop. Take note OttoSilver:

The Hallyu fever in Indonesia is quite impressive.

I watched Super Junior’s concert twice because my daughter likes them. I stuck to my seat until the end. My son likes Korean food so much that he makes his own kimchi. I, too, like Korea. When I went to Korea, I got the impression that the cities were clean and organized. I don’t think it’s impossible for Indonesia to be like that, but we will need some time.

SaintsCanada
National League champion
National League champion

Postby SaintsCanada » Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:07 pm

Alex43 wrote:
SteveW wrote:Pretty bad year for K-Pop 2014 - 16 people killed during a K-Pop event in Seongnam after falling through a ventilation grate. :(

Scary....

4 minute concert in a public park. 30 something people up on a vent, said they wanted to get a better few. fell something like 20 meters down. not so much a bad year for kpop, as just a generally bad year for korea and safety concerns. boat, train, buildings, floods, and not this. cant remember anything other than floods in the past to be honest.

Ventilation grates aren't made out of magic. 30 people is too many. This isn't about construction, this is about crowd-control. Spatial awareness and how to act orderly in crowds are areas where Korea (and China) is decades, if not centuries behind. This is the inevitable, tragic, result.
오오오오오, 나의 사랑 인천 에프시!

SteveW
K2 promotion contender
K2 promotion contender

Postby SteveW » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:06 pm

SaintsCanada wrote:
Alex43 wrote:

Scary....

Ventilation grates aren't made out of magic. 30 people is too many. This isn't about construction, this is about crowd-control. Spatial awareness and how to act orderly in crowds are areas where Korea (and China) is decades, if not centuries behind. This is the inevitable, tragic, result.

The grate should have been cordoned off (it may well have been I don't know) and marked as unsafe. If they took that precaution and people climb on it anyway then its their own fault really.

There seem to be an awful lot of huge drops in Korean constructions though - football stadia being classic examples. I'm not sure how their building regs would compare to the UK/US/Canada/Australia for these kinds of things.
2014 Cass Lemon ROKfootball Prediction League Cup Competition brought to you in association with Dal Shabet Champion!!!

Groundhopping: the48club.wordpress.com

SEFC: seoulelandfc.wordpress.com

48 Club Count = 47. ONE TO GO!

daeguowl
National League champion
National League champion

Postby daeguowl » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:30 pm

Normally the ajeosshis at these concerts are trying to get low than the performers not higher, all the better to get decent upskirt photos.

eujin

Postby eujin » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:09 pm

SteveW wrote:There seem to be an awful lot of huge drops in Korean constructions though - football stadia being classic examples. I'm not sure how their building regs would compare to the UK/US/Canada/Australia for these kinds of things.

People fall out of baseball stadiums in the US often enough, usually trying to catch a ball over a low railing. There's certainly the opportunity to do yourself damage if you want to, even in Europe. I remember a large number of Brondby fans in Denmark falling into the pitchside moat in Vejle when a barrier gave way. There was a guy who died falling off one of the stands in Parken in Copenhagen about ten years ago and a number of people died at the Roskilde Festival back when.

Rothesay Saint
Propping up the K2
Propping up the K2

Postby Rothesay Saint » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:38 pm

Holyjoe wrote:K-Pop fan becomes president of Indonesia. All the smart, cool kids love K-Pop. Take note OttoSilver:

The Hallyu fever in Indonesia is quite impressive.

I watched Super Junior’s concert twice because my daughter likes them. I stuck to my seat until the end. My son likes Korean food so much that he makes his own kimchi. I, too, like Korea. When I went to Korea, I got the impression that the cities were clean and organized. I don’t think it’s impossible for Indonesia to be like that, but we will need some time.

There's a joke in there somewhere.
Bring back King Cha.

SaintsCanada
National League champion
National League champion

Postby SaintsCanada » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:57 pm

SteveW wrote:
SaintsCanada wrote:
Alex43 wrote:

Scary....

The grate should have been cordoned off (it may well have been I don't know) and marked as unsafe. If they took that precaution and people climb on it anyway then its their own fault really.

There seem to be an awful lot of huge drops in Korean constructions though - football stadia being classic examples. I'm not sure how their building regs would compare to the UK/US/Canada/Australia for these kinds of things.

Exactly.
오오오오오, 나의 사랑 인천 에프시!

daeguowl
National League champion
National League champion

Postby daeguowl » Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:35 am

eujin wrote:
SteveW wrote:There seem to be an awful lot of huge drops in Korean constructions though - football stadia being classic examples. I'm not sure how their building regs would compare to the UK/US/Canada/Australia for these kinds of things.

People fall out of baseball stadiums in the US often enough, usually trying to catch a ball over a low railing. There's certainly the opportunity to do yourself damage if you want to, even in Europe. I remember a large number of Brondby fans in Denmark falling into the pitchside moat in Vejle when a barrier gave way. There was a guy who died falling off one of the stands in Parken in Copenhagen about ten years ago and a number of people died at the Roskilde Festival back when.

Even rokfootball members are not immune to this danger...although alcohol might jave been a contributing factor

Alex43
National League champion
National League champion

Postby Alex43 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:55 pm

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/v/t1.0-9/1450303_802326819809225_4586708353424983834_n.jpg?oh=241b15a11287d8a5c4e9429184030ef2&oe=54E1FA3B&__gda__=1424918386_049f086f6172a8dfad7b89349a531575

if lee bom young played for fc seoul, this might get weka interested in kpop guys.... this is seriously the most make-up i have seen anyone where next to lady gaga... cake it on big boy. the challenge league needs a handsome face...
well well well

Evergreen
National League champion
National League champion

Postby Evergreen » Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:45 pm

daeguowl wrote:
eujin wrote:

Even rokfootball members are not immune to this danger...although alcohol might jave been a contributing factor

The icy floor and pushing crowds were the bigger factor unfortunately. I'd have felt much better about the whole thing if it had been entirely my fault.

Return to “Off-topic”