Spotted!

Non-football stuff.
kingkenny7
Aspiring K4-Leaguer
Aspiring K4-Leaguer

Spotted!

Postby kingkenny7 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:48 pm

a friend of mine use the foto of JB and asked me to use it 'after' he posted it..

sorry JB and Jimmy!
a Seongnam FC Fan living in Down Under.

sjc_three
Propping up the K2
Propping up the K2

Re: Spotted!

Postby sjc_three » Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:35 pm

Is this an advert for a pub? Not wholly inappropriate then!

kingkenny7
Aspiring K4-Leaguer
Aspiring K4-Leaguer

Postby kingkenny7 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:15 pm

sjc_three wrote:Is this an advert for a pub? Not wholly inappropriate then!

lol
Still I'm curious why they put their column section's name as Nate Sports Pub. is there drunk bassa's quote?

kingkenny7
Aspiring K4-Leaguer
Aspiring K4-Leaguer

Postby kingkenny7 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:24 pm

sjc_three
Propping up the K2
Propping up the K2

Postby sjc_three » Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:01 am

On the piss in the 2nd pic too. There seems to be a common trend here!

Evergreen
National League champion
National League champion

Postby Evergreen » Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:11 pm

kingkenny wrote:http://www.fcdaejeon.com/fans/fans_04_view.php?num=5651&start=0&schtype=&schword

Haha Evergreen there you are!

:lol: :lol:

Thanks for posting, I've only just seen this!

Funny. At the end of the article they made some comment about my beer drinking....

Liam drinks the beer gladly in him which enjoys a condition great

:lol:

sjc_three
Propping up the K2
Propping up the K2

Postby sjc_three » Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:04 pm

Good old babelfish, eh. It's beautiful sometimes.

The other day I translated "no problem" into Korean. And then later, out of interest, translated the Korean back into English. It gave me "The nil which is not the times when becomes problem". Superb.

just because
Propping up the K2
Propping up the K2

Postby just because » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:43 am

My ugly mug is everywhere at the moment....you will see me on those terrible korean entertainment shows soon enough.

At least the comments to this article are a lot more positive in general.

kingkenny7
Aspiring K4-Leaguer
Aspiring K4-Leaguer

Spotted! - It's the time for njs

Postby kingkenny7 » Thu May 13, 2010 10:29 am

http://www.ddanzi.com/news/17950.html

Some Anyang fans said thanks to you, njs.

Cyclops
National League champion
National League champion

Postby Cyclops » Thu May 13, 2010 2:24 pm

I noticed one cunt can't stop saying "양놈". It is no surpirse that LG FC attract this kind of racist filth.

sjc_three
Propping up the K2
Propping up the K2

Postby sjc_three » Thu May 13, 2010 2:54 pm

Can you explain for the relative newcomer. Thanks.

Cyclops
National League champion
National League champion

Postby Cyclops » Thu May 13, 2010 3:58 pm

I believe that "양" means Western or foreign, and "놈" is a derogatory word for person (the normal word would be "인" or "사람", as in "외국사람" which is not offensive). So "미국놈" means 'fucking yank' or something like that, also you might hear "일본놈" sometimes. The LG놈 who wrote those posts has used "양놈" repeatedly in reference to Jamie. I will expect plenty of the same when the interview with me is published. But in some ways I'm quite pleased because it confirms my claims about the kind of people that LG FC represents.

njs
National League champion
National League champion

Postby njs » Thu May 13, 2010 4:07 pm

Cheers King Kenny.

Yeah, my wife said that there were a couple of knobs from FC Seould who were having a big whinge. I guess that racist that Cyclops has found out hates any foreign supporters that go to their games.

One ballsup I made in the intrview is saying that ALL teams were originally from Seoul. That was something that I had heard and read multiple times over the years but is incorrect. Somebody can probably explain it. But my main point remains the same, some teams were moved from Seoul to make it a proper domestic competition and if you told all the destination areas that it was temporary, that it's a Seoul team and that it's going back there then you'd be wasting everybodies fucking time. That line of argument by Seould supporters was bogus, disingenious and just plain lame.

I look forward to seeing yours Cyclops (and getting La Kyung to translate it for me) :wink:

Also, thanks for putting up several photos King Kenny. It's nice to see our old mate Graeme there as well (RIP).
Anyang Fo' Life

Cyclops
National League champion
National League champion

Postby Cyclops » Thu May 13, 2010 5:37 pm

Exactly. If they had remained as "Lucky Goldstar FC" or the like during their stay in Anyang then there would have been no issue or grounds for complaint when they moved back to Seoul or anywhere else in the country. If they had spent the whole time in Anyang telling the good people of Seoul that they had only left due to an immoral rule and would return as soon as possible then LG fans would be right and Anyang fans would be wrong. But that isn't what happened.

Of course if they move back to Anyang in the future then we will know them for what they are and not be so naive next time, but there was no warning the first time. LG FC wanted everyone to believe had given up being just a company team and had settled permanently in the city of Anyang and become part of the community, and unfortunately they fooled a lot of people.

More of this in my interview...

sjc_three
Propping up the K2
Propping up the K2

Postby sjc_three » Thu May 13, 2010 6:58 pm

Cyclops wrote:I believe that "양" means Western or foreign, and "놈" is a derogatory word for person (the normal word would be "인" or "사람", as in "외국사람" which is not offensive). So "미국놈" means 'fucking yank' or something like that, also you might hear "일본놈" sometimes. The LG놈 who wrote those posts has used "양놈" repeatedly in reference to Jamie. I will expect plenty of the same when the interview with me is published. But in some ways I'm quite pleased because it confirms my claims about the kind of people that LG FC represents.

Weird. Just haven't come across anything like that down here as of yet. Although, who knows what they could be saying! I don't understand 99% of it!!!

I have heard from a couple of independant ex-pats in Korea that they actually regretted learning Korean as they started to realise a lot of what was going on around them wasn't half as friendly and positive towards them as they'd previously thought. Whilst I'm picking up the odd bit of lingo here and there to get me by, I am quite tempted to remain in this long term tourist bubble that I current live in. Life at the moment is pretty damn good.

Return to “Off-topic”