Europe - General 2015-16

Everything else football-wise.
eujin
K-League K-Pop stalker
K-League K-Pop stalker

Re: Europe - General 2015-16

Postby eujin » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:55 am

It looks like the "1-0 to the home team" tactic is taking over Scottish football too.

Holyjoe
K-League Classic champion

Postby Holyjoe » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:11 am

eujin wrote:It looks like the "1-0 to the home team" tactic is taking over Scottish football too.

A bit like with the ROKfootball Prediction SUPERleague, this tactic just doesn't seem to work in the competitions that actually matter...

MipoFanatic
K2 promotion contender
K2 promotion contender

Postby MipoFanatic » Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:00 am

Imagine if those plonkers had invested in the Thai league instead of an EPL club... :|

eujin
K-League K-Pop stalker
K-League K-Pop stalker

Postby eujin » Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:26 pm

I'm loving what they're doing in the EPL these days. Leicester and Spurs going down the stretch, no sign of the big four, Gary Lineker and his undies. They could win it all at Old Trafford on Sunday. It's great and I hope others around the world are enjoying it too. If enough people show an interest perhaps we'll see it happening more often in other leagues around the world.

Holyjoe

Postby Holyjoe » Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:56 am

There was a feature on BBC News the other day filmed in Thailand where they were focusing on the incredible amount of merchandise that Leicester City have been shifting there this season because they were doing well. They even managed to turn up a bunch of Thai blokes "who were Manchester United fans but are now Leicester City fans" just to play up to the gloryhunting stereotype angle they were aiming for. There's a fair amount of truth in there though.

eujin
K-League K-Pop stalker
K-League K-Pop stalker

Postby eujin » Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:28 am

If gloryhunting stereotypes can save us from Bayern winning the title four years in a row, Juventus five years in a row and PSG doing the treble treble then I'm all for it. Not that I think it will. In fact, I'm beginning to suspect it's all a ploy to make it easier for distant Asians to keep up.

I did hear that a new club have been battling all the way up from the Scottish Third Division to the Premiership and have already earned themselves quite a bit of support in parts of Glasgow. Real Roy of the Rovers stuff. Scottish fans must be thrilled about that.

MipoFanatic
K2 promotion contender
K2 promotion contender

Postby MipoFanatic » Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:45 pm

eujin wrote:I did hear that a new club have been battling all the way up from the Scottish Third Division to the Premiership and have already earned themselves quite a bit of support in parts of Glasgow. Real Roy of the Rovers stuff. Scottish fans must be thrilled about that.

Don't tell Brooks Mileson.

Rothesay Saint
Propping up the K2
Propping up the K2

Postby Rothesay Saint » Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:00 pm

MipoFanatic wrote:
eujin wrote:I did hear that a new club have been battling all the way up from the Scottish Third Division to the Premiership and have already earned themselves quite a bit of support in parts of Glasgow. Real Roy of the Rovers stuff. Scottish fans must be thrilled about that.

Don't tell Brooks Mileson.

You're safe enough. He's as dead as the Old Glasgow Rangers.
Bring back King Cha.

MipoFanatic
K2 promotion contender
K2 promotion contender

Postby MipoFanatic » Sun May 01, 2016 6:11 am

Rothesay Saint wrote:You're safe enough. He's as dead as the Old Glasgow Rangers.

Precisely.

eujin
K-League K-Pop stalker
K-League K-Pop stalker

Postby eujin » Tue May 03, 2016 7:57 am

Congratulations Leicester. A team that cost less than Jiangsu Suning spent on Alex Teixeira. 5000-1. Legends.
Will Leicester City y-fronts take off in Thailand?

eujin
K-League K-Pop stalker
K-League K-Pop stalker

Postby eujin » Thu May 05, 2016 5:41 pm

This Leicester story is big news around the world. It was an item on the main German TV news, the Danish media are about to have Kasper Schmeichel babies, the British Prime Minister is asking Gary Lineker to take his trousers off in the House of Commons and even my wife wanted to watch the Chelsea vs Spurs match that ended up settling it (I think, like David Cameron, she's mainly interested in the underpants).

Meanwhile, here on ROKfootball.com, the home of football,.....crickets.

Holyjoe

Postby Holyjoe » Sun May 08, 2016 6:48 am

Can't say I care much for English football but Andrea Bocelli in a Leicester shirt serenading Claudio Ranieri before the match today is arguably better than anything the K-Pop at K-League thread has ever produced... truly brilliant.

MipoFanatic
K2 promotion contender
K2 promotion contender

Postby MipoFanatic » Mon May 09, 2016 3:10 pm

I'm more of a non-League guy. :smt100

Rothesay Saint
Propping up the K2
Propping up the K2

Postby Rothesay Saint » Thu May 19, 2016 10:37 pm

Interesting idea from Spain where La Liga clubs face fines for showing empty seats on television.

The Spanish league plans to fine clubs that allow empty seats to be shown on television next season.
New regulations require top-tier clubs to fill sections of the stadium which are shown by certain camera angles.
The move is part of efforts to improve the league's product for TV audiences and increase its competitiveness with England's Premier League.
In May 2015, Spain approved new laws so rights to show La Liga matches will be pooled and sold collectively.
Previously, Real Madrid and Barcelona had negotiated their own lucrative deals.

Can definitely see that catching on in Korea, Daegu will be bankrupt by June and everyone will be playing in front of garden furniture by 2018. :albino:
Bring back King Cha.

eujin
K-League K-Pop stalker
K-League K-Pop stalker

Postby eujin » Thu May 19, 2016 11:15 pm

I hope it never catches on in Korea. Full stadiums are the bane of my existence as a travelling fan who wants to decide at the last minute which match to go to. Anyone remember when Arsenal were doing some work at Highbury and they had a crowd painted on the fence?

Return to “World football”