England 14/15

Everything else football-wise.
OttoSilver
National League champion
National League champion

England 14/15

Postby OttoSilver » Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:39 pm

(I don't see a thread on this, but if there is then I apologise.)

To kick things off, I see WhoScored thinks that Gi Seong-Yong (기성용) was a pretty important figure for Swansea City on Saturday. After the first half the report on Twitter had him as the best player on the field. By the end still at 8.0

http://www.whoscored.com/Matches/829517 ... ed-Swansea

According to Wikipedia while at Seoul "He led the team to an unprecedented K League runners-up position with 4 goals and 1 assist in 21 appearances".
Was he the captain in just his second season at Seoul, because those figures don't seem like they belong to a game changer? Or maybe it was that there were no runner-ups before? Maybe before that season you had the champions and then number three? Help me out here please because I'm so confused. :(
There are two routes to success in football. One is being good. The other is being lucky. You need both to win a championship. But you need only one to win a match.

Korean Stadiums: http://tinyurl.com/KoreanStadiums

eujin
K-League Classic champion

Re: England 14/15

Postby eujin » Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:21 pm

OttoSilver wrote:(I don't see a thread on this, but if there is then I apologise.)

Unlike Tunisia and Asia, England and Wales are in Europe and there's already a post about this. If you're not interested in the bits about Koreans playing in Germany, it's down at the bottom.

http://forum.rokfootball.com/viewtopic.php?p=67041#p67041

Anyway, the answer to your question, there were runners-up before 2008, but FC Seoul had never got near it (only Anyang had) and Ki was indeed instrumental in that 2008 campaign, including a late goal to beat eventual champions Suwon at the BigBird during the run-in to the play-offs. There's a match report about that match (and that season) somewhere on here.

OttoSilver
National League champion
National League champion

Postby OttoSilver » Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:17 pm

I looked at the Europe section first but didn't see anything there. I think I went with this section because the other island countries seem the be here.

If he was instrumental then they should be more clear about his role, because it was obviously not few goals over a whole season. I suppose you cant expect Wiki editors to be professional writes, huh? Also, as FC Seoul they only had 3 or 4 chances before then to get to the runners up position. Oh well, whatever. To the other thread!
There are two routes to success in football. One is being good. The other is being lucky. You need both to win a championship. But you need only one to win a match.

Suwonesque
Aspiring K4-Leaguer
Aspiring K4-Leaguer

Postby Suwonesque » Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:34 pm

This year EPL become much bigger in Korea as SBS CNBC has joined to braodcast the live matches. Might be other channels there as well.
Blue is the color!

SteveW
K2 promotion contender
K2 promotion contender

Postby SteveW » Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:48 am

MK Dons 4 - 0 Man Utd at the minute.

Should never have let Park Ji Sung leave!
2014 Cass Lemon ROKfootball Prediction League Cup Competition brought to you in association with Dal Shabet Champion!!!

Groundhopping: the48club.wordpress.com

SEFC: seoulelandfc.wordpress.com

48 Club Count = 47. ONE TO GO!

daeguowl
National League champion
National League champion

Postby daeguowl » Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:13 pm

SteveW wrote:MK Dons 4 - 0 Man Utd at the minute.

Should never have let Park Ji Sung leave!

When I left England it was 1-0 with a bit over half an hour to go! Bet they're looking back fondly on the Moyes era!

OttoSilver
National League champion
National League champion

Postby OttoSilver » Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:35 am

MK Dons :(

SeoulUtd
Sojued-up touchline ajosshi

Postby SeoulUtd » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:52 pm

Is there any AFC Wimbledon's fan here..?

OttoSilver
National League champion
National League champion

Postby OttoSilver » Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:38 pm

I was a Wimbledon supporter before they moved to Milton Keynes (Bloody South African boss :smt093 ) and took on the stupid name of MK Dons. When the new team was created I liked them even more because they are now fan owned. (The two teams are facing each other in a lower league cup soon. I can see the Wombles taking the train north en masse.)

I started watching American Football even before I started watching actual football, and there I very quickly gravitated to Green Bay because, in a way, they are also fan owned. Usually I go for teams like that, in any sport.

Unusually FC Seoul is my team because, well, just because, I guess. I went there, got involved, then sucked in, and changing teams for no reason is just not on.

Evergreen
National League champion
National League champion

Postby Evergreen » Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:58 pm

OttoSilver wrote:I was a Wimbledon supporter before they moved to Milton Keynes (Bloody South African boss :smt093 ) and took on the stupid name of MK Dons. When the new team was created I liked them even more because they are now fan owned. (The two teams are facing each other in a lower league cup soon. I can see the Wombles taking the train north en masse.)

I started watching American Football even before I started watching actual football, and there I very quickly gravitated to Green Bay because, in a way, they are also fan owned. Usually I go for teams like that, in any sport.

Unusually FC Seoul is my team because, well, just because, I guess. I went there, got involved, then sucked in, and changing teams for no reason is just not on.

A Wimbledon and FC Seoul fan?! That's quite a unique arrangement!

OttoSilver
National League champion
National League champion

Postby OttoSilver » Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:34 pm

Speaking of Wimbledon, they beat Morecambe. That is now two in a row. Life was all rosy until they reached Tier 4, then their overwhelming attendance became just the norm and they were not able to out money the other teams any more. But it's OK. It is a happy position for a club of that size, I guess, although one league higher for a chance to kick Milton Keynes would be nice :P

Didnt even notice that Portsmouth is well stuck in this league. Dropped straight through League 1. Relegation then wooden spoon in successive seasons much have been a hard pill to swallow for the fans on that side O.o

OttoSilver
National League champion
National League champion

Postby OttoSilver » Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:51 pm

I'd like to present you with this bit of happy news that came from Island Side.

The Dons traveled to the *cough* Dons and returned with a come-from-behind victory to move on in the Johnstone's Pain Trophy, also knows as the Football League Trophy

sjc_three
Propping up the K2
Propping up the K2

Postby sjc_three » Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:35 pm

I seem to remember Cyclops has a bit of a soft spot for AFCW. :albino:

Holyjoe

Postby Holyjoe » Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:55 pm

Is that their first win over the plastic Dons? They've been drawn against each other quite a few times in cup competitions in recent years and I'm sure they played each other in the Capital One Cup earlier this season too.

SeoulUtd

Postby SeoulUtd » Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:10 pm

Thumbs up for REAL DONS!

Return to “World football”