Leicester City - Champions of England

Everything else football-wise.
daeguowl
National League champion
National League champion

Re: Leicester City - Champions of England

Postby daeguowl » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:41 pm

I run a sweepstake based on this principle. After starting with 92 clubs bac in August three are left to share the prize.

SeoulFox
Cabbage country dweller
Cabbage country dweller

Postby SeoulFox » Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:53 pm

daeguowl wrote:I run a sweepstake based on this principle. After starting with 92 clubs bac in August three are left to share the prize.

This I like. Which team do you use to start? Premier League champions? Real champions like the mighty Leicester City? Or totally random? Answer me, dammit!

sjc_three
Propping up the K2
Propping up the K2

Postby sjc_three » Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:44 pm

eujin wrote:Is there somewhere that shows who the non-Premiership title holder is? Does Div 1(new) mean Div 1 as it is now or Div 1 as it was then?

This is doubly confusing actually as there have been 3 incarnations of Div 1 in my supporting life!

SaintsCanada
National League champion
National League champion

Postby SaintsCanada » Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:27 pm

sjc_three wrote:
eujin wrote:Is there somewhere that shows who the non-Premiership title holder is? Does Div 1(new) mean Div 1 as it is now or Div 1 as it was then?

This is doubly confusing actually as there have been 3 incarnations of Div 1 in my supporting life!

(y)
오오오오오, 나의 사랑 인천 에프시!

daeguowl
National League champion
National League champion

Postby daeguowl » Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:41 pm

SeoulFox wrote:
daeguowl wrote:I run a sweepstake based on this principle. After starting with 92 clubs bac in August three are left to share the prize.

This I like. Which team do you use to start? Premier League champions? Real champions like the mighty Leicester City? Or totally random? Answer me, dammit!

There are 16 of us so we get five or six teams each. All domestic matches count. In week one all teams are "live" and thereafter it gets complicated.

Simply put for a four team league:

Week 1: A beats B and C draws with D. Thus B is out while the other three live on.
Week 2: A beats C and B beats D. C is out. B lives but is now called D.
Week 3: D beats A and B beats C. B is last man standing.

eujin
K-League K-Pop stalker
K-League K-Pop stalker

Postby eujin » Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:24 pm

daeguowl wrote:Simply put for a four team league:

Week 1: A beats B and C draws with D. Thus B is out while the other three live on.
Week 2: A beats C and B beats D. C is out. B lives but is now called D.
Week 3: D beats A and B beats C. B is last man standing.

That's incredibly complicated. B is knocked out in week one but then resurrected in week two only to become D who beat A in week three but aren't the winners?!?

B is the last team standing even though they're the first team to be knocked out? :smt119 :smt120 :smt102 :smt101

I thought trying to explain a World Cup sweepstake to my work colleagues (winner takes half the money, most improved team takes the other half) was complicated.

SeoulFox
Cabbage country dweller
Cabbage country dweller

Postby SeoulFox » Sun May 08, 2016 3:32 am

Bloody told you so.

Holyjoe
K-League Classic champion
K-League Classic champion

Postby Holyjoe » Sun May 08, 2016 6:54 am

Well fuck... if this isn't proof that ROKfootball is the greatest forum on the interweb then I don't know what is.

Can't even begin to imagine how much you're enjoying this one SeoulFox (mainly because my team blew our very realistic chance to do similar and oust the big boy of the Scottish Premiership) but I hope it's as good as I think it must be :)

daeguowl
National League champion
National League champion

Postby daeguowl » Sun May 08, 2016 10:21 am

Holyjoe wrote:Well fuck... if this isn't proof that ROKfootball is the greatest forum on the interweb then I don't know what is.

Can't even begin to imagine how much you're enjoying this one SeoulFox (mainly because my team blew our very realistic chance to do similar and oust the big boy of the Scottish Premiership) but I hope it's as good as I think it must be :)

Just hope Wednesday can make it a Thai double

Return to “World football”