Euro 2016

Everything else football-wise.
nzfooty
K-League Classic champion

Re: Euro 2016

Postby nzfooty » Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:20 pm

I believe you are reading in too much into the use of that photograph. Nevertheless, I enjoyed reading your views. :)

eujin wrote:
nzfooty wrote:The Polish emblem looks weird as does Lewnadowki's face.

It's good to see you have as much trouble as the rest of us spelling his name.

Well, given there are times I have difficulty spelling my own name I wouldn't be reading too mu... ;)

eujin
K-League K-Pop stalker
K-League K-Pop stalker

Postby eujin » Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:35 pm

nzfooty wrote:I believe you are reading in too much into the use of that photograph.

Undoubtedly, and deliberately so although I suspect none of our American commenters read this thread anyway. Everybody seems to be obsessing about Denmark these days.

nzfooty

Postby nzfooty » Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:14 pm

Conte may struggle to differentiate Nordic countries, but he certainly can tell a good trichologist from a bad one:

paquebot
National League champion
National League champion

Postby paquebot » Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:21 pm

I suspect none of our American commenters read this thread anyway.

I read every single thread in the forum but most of the time I don't really have anything to say.
In Yangju, if your cabbage doesn't understand you and you have valid reason for not eating it, then it is ok to go to other vegetables for your kimchi - though strictly nothing from south of Namyangju. -- Martyrs Forever

eujin
K-League K-Pop stalker
K-League K-Pop stalker

Postby eujin » Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:56 pm

Since testing my crazy theories is always fun, I have this idea that Denmark always lose badly when the Danish media is full of stories about how great they are and how they're going to win easily. It happened against Spain in 86, it demonstrably did not happen in 92 (except for the Danish ambassador in London but he can be excused for knowing nothing about football). It happened against England in 2002 and against the Czechs in 2004. It's something about a false sense of superiority and the team doing best when they all pay attention and give 100%, which most of them are inclined not to do if they can avoid it. The Danish media is now full of stories about how much better they are than Sweden, how Sweden are a one man team and Zlatan never scores against Denmark.

The theory predicts Denmark will lose.

eujin
K-League K-Pop stalker
K-League K-Pop stalker

Postby eujin » Sun May 15, 2016 2:04 am

All my crazy theories are correct.

Are the Germans finally getting over their ridiculous obsession with the Dutch?

Crane
Kim Byung-ji's hairdresser
Kim Byung-ji's hairdresser

Postby Crane » Sun May 15, 2016 10:57 am

eujin wrote:All my crazy theories are correct.

Are the Germans finally getting over their ridiculous obsession with the Dutch?

What obsession? (genuinely curious, I do not know much about this)

eujin
K-League K-Pop stalker
K-League K-Pop stalker

Postby eujin » Sun May 15, 2016 4:42 pm

Crane wrote:What obsession? (genuinely curious, I do not know much about this)

The Germans like to think of the Dutch as their big rivals, as discussed here, here and here.

It's ridiculous because not only is Germany four times the size of the Netherlands, but they don't actually have that many important defeats to them down the years, the 1988 semi being about the only one. It's also a problem for the upcoming Euros, because...no Dutch.

eujin
K-League K-Pop stalker
K-League K-Pop stalker

Postby eujin » Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:26 pm

The last time England fans went on the rampage in Marseille in 1998 I thought Tony Blair should've forced the FA to pull the team from the tournament. If the scenes that occurred last night carry on, I hope Cameron does the same (not that he will). This time, with Wales and Northern Ireland qualified, it's even more important to demonstrate that these idiots don't represent the UK and are discrediting their country. It's a small minority ruining it for everyone else, but a firm stand needs to be made and it needs to come from Britain before it comes from outside.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bfj0J7mBgZI

Holyjoe

Postby Holyjoe » Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:56 am

I feel sorry for the French police in all this, as if they don't already have enough to worry about they've now also got to deal with drunken, overweight English dickheads who have a severe dislike of plastic patio furniture...

eujin
K-League K-Pop stalker
K-League K-Pop stalker

Postby eujin » Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:03 am

Top item on the German news tonight, even ahead of an item about the president of a NATO ally accusing German MPs of being terrorists.

eujin
K-League K-Pop stalker
K-League K-Pop stalker

Postby eujin » Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:16 am

Iceland. Europe's answer to New Zealand. Forget the volcanoes and the glaciers and the whales. Everybody lives in 1950s housing, the most dangerous thing on the roads are tourists, the TV is dire, there are wasted Poland fans all over the place and they're both better at football than Denmark (or Scotland).

Seriously, I was in Reykjavik yesterday and the country has gone Euro crazy. Even the serviettes on Icelandair were asking Lars Lagerback to be the next President. The little outdoor viewing area they set up in the center of town (which was full of Polish fans when I was there, including one who "wasn't very well") isn't going to be nearly big enough, even if 10% of the entire population are in France.

Rothesay Saint
Propping up the K2
Propping up the K2

Postby Rothesay Saint » Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:39 pm

One of the things I like most about international tournaments is I can make a list of countries I like and dislike for the flimsiest reasons.

Good guys - Albania (small), France (Zidane), Iceland (even smaller), Croatia (nice colours) and Sweden (Zlatan).
Wanks - Austria (Gijon), England (traditional), Russia (I've not been), Germany (Gijon again) and Portugal (Ronaldo and Pepe).

I'm currently undecided on Turkey but I'll come up with something by next week I'm sure.
Bring back King Cha.

eujin
K-League K-Pop stalker
K-League K-Pop stalker

Postby eujin » Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:31 pm

I'm not sure about Zlatan.

He's too arrogant for Paris. That's like being told by Americans that you talk too much.

eujin
K-League K-Pop stalker
K-League K-Pop stalker

Postby eujin » Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:33 pm

Terrorists are going around murdering French police officers and they also have to supervise people who want to watch football.

It's time for England to Leave the European Championships.

Return to “World football”