South Korea's 2022 World Cup bid

Everything else football-wise.
sjc_three
Propping up the K2
Propping up the K2

Re: South Korea's 2022 World Cup bid

Postby sjc_three » Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:18 pm

just because wrote:Good interview on 606 this morning with Andy Anson..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/series/606

Great interview. Thanks for posting. Think he comes across with great deal of dignity.

Rothesay Saint
Propping up the K2
Propping up the K2

Postby Rothesay Saint » Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:05 am

Disappointed that Russia got the 2018 World Cup, read an article that was hinting at the fact that Russia has one of the worst records on freedom of the press was a big plus point with the crooks at FIFA.

However I can't say that I think Qatar getting it is such a bad decision if they do all they promise. As Eujin said earlier, travelling in the middle east is great. Oman, UAE, Kuwait are all nearby and are fun countries to visit (especially Oman which is one of the best places I have ever been). Also I wasn't really impressed by any of the rivals, two countries that hosted it only a few years back and two others where football is only a minority sport. To be honest though, one thing really stood out for me in the bid.

Qatar secured the backing of Zinedine Zidane...

If it is good enough for the greatest ever footballer, then it is good enough for me. :-)
Bring back King Cha.

eujin
K-League Classic champion

Postby eujin » Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:39 am

sjc_three
Propping up the K2
Propping up the K2

Postby sjc_three » Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:46 am

I'm speechless. The man was already a collosal cunt in my eyes. I have no place to put him now.

just because
Propping up the K2
Propping up the K2

Postby just because » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:42 am

Wanker......

nzfooty

Postby nzfooty » Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:44 pm

I’m still sulking over the vote (and the more Qatar related crap is reported the worse it gets). I'm not sure but this may have been the proverbial last nail in the coffin for me. If my relationship with football is not dead yet than at least I may need a bit of a break from it. I was in the same situation between 1998 and 2001 and leaving NZ helped me rediscover my passion for the game. Perhaps when I leave this country again I will regain that once more.
At the moment it is corruption, greed and lots of individuals (be they administrators or players) that are simply repulsive. Perhaps I have a weak stomach.

sjc_three
Propping up the K2
Propping up the K2

Postby sjc_three » Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:10 pm

nzfooty wrote:I’m still sulking over the vote (and the more Qatar related crap is reported the worse it gets). I'm not sure but this may have been the proverbial last nail in the coffin for me. If my relationship with football is not dead yet than at least I may need a bit of a break from it. I was in the same situation between 1998 and 2001 and leaving NZ helped me rediscover my passion for the game. Perhaps when I leave this country again I will regain that once more.
At the moment it is corruption, greed and lots of individuals (be they administrators or players) that are simply repulsive. Perhaps I have a weak stomach.

Absolutely agree.

sjc_three
Propping up the K2
Propping up the K2

Postby sjc_three » Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:32 pm

Surprise, surprise.

Medical reports could see winter Qatar World Cup, says Fifa

In the infamous words of Ian Holloway, it's time for FIFA to ring Bernard Matthews to let him know Christmas is cancelled.

just because
Propping up the K2
Propping up the K2

Postby just because » Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:28 pm

To be honest I can't see the big deal...plenty of leagues (including here) around the world have the world cup in the middle of their seasons and it doesnt worry them too much. Yes, there were lies but everyone knew as soon as it was going to be held in Qatar it was going to happen....(in the voice of a cranky old Englishman) BUT IT JUST ISN'T DONE THAT WAY BY JOLLY. WHAT IS THE WORLD COMING TOO WHEN WE PUT THE WORLD CUP IN THE MIDDLE OF A SEASON. THOSE SCALLYWAGS!!!!

SaintsCanada
National League champion
National League champion

Postby SaintsCanada » Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:04 pm

Ya, I don't think we can limit world cup selection to climates that suit the European schedule.

There are $millions$ of reasons to hate Qatar as host, but surely this isn't one of them.
오오오오오, 나의 사랑 인천 에프시!

daeguowl
National League champion
National League champion

Postby daeguowl » Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:13 am

just because wrote:To be honest I can't see the big deal...plenty of leagues (including here) around the world have the world cup in the middle of their seasons and it doesnt worry them too much. Yes, there were lies but everyone knew as soon as it was going to be held in Qatar it was going to happen....(in the voice of a cranky old Englishman) BUT IT JUST ISN'T DONE THAT WAY BY JOLLY. WHAT IS THE WORLD COMING TOO WHEN WE PUT THE WORLD CUP IN THE MIDDLE OF A SEASON. THOSE SCALLYWAGS!!!!

It'll ruin England's tired at the end of a long season excuse...

just because
Propping up the K2
Propping up the K2

Postby just because » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:32 am

daeguowl wrote:
just because wrote:To be honest I can't see the big deal...plenty of leagues (including here) around the world have the world cup in the middle of their seasons and it doesnt worry them too much. Yes, there were lies but everyone knew as soon as it was going to be held in Qatar it was going to happen....(in the voice of a cranky old Englishman) BUT IT JUST ISN'T DONE THAT WAY BY JOLLY. WHAT IS THE WORLD COMING TOO WHEN WE PUT THE WORLD CUP IN THE MIDDLE OF A SEASON. THOSE SCALLYWAGS!!!!

It'll ruin England's tired at the end of a long season excuse...

Tired in the middle of the season instead

Return to “World football”