Europe general 2017/18

Everything else football-wise.
Holyjoe
K-League Classic champion

Re: Europe general 2017/18

Postby Holyjoe » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:01 am

eujin wrote:Coincidentally I might be going to see Mark McGhee's Barnet on New Year's Day. I've not been to their new ground, the Hive, which is quite a way from the Borough of Barnet in Harrow. I know McGhee is held in high regard round these parts and we used to have a couple of Barnet fans on the board.

Hiya McGhee, hiya pal... :finger

eujin

Postby eujin » Mon May 14, 2018 7:06 am

Juventus win their seventh title in a row. Bayern win their sixth. PSG are back to winning, their fifth in six years. Barcelona very honourably decided not to go unbeaten through their season, resting Messi and losing 5-4 to Levante after the title was already won. I think we have doubles in all four of the big continental leagues, Italy, France, Spain and Germany. Hopefully by saying that I've jinxed Bayern before the German cup final is played next week against Eintracht Frankfurt. Frankfurt's manager Niko Kovač will be joining Bayern next season.

Of the teams I mentioned at the beginning of the season:
APOEL: won the last five Cypriot championships
BATE Borisov: won the last 11 Belarusian championships
Celtic: won the last 121 Scottish championships
FC Copenhagen: won the last two Danish titles and 12 of the last 15
Legia Warsaw: won the last two and four out of the last five Polish championships
Ludogorets Razgrad: won the last five Bulgarian championships
Rosenborg: won the last two Norwegian championships, second the two times before and won 13 in a row 1992-2004.
Salzburg: won the last three Austrian championships and seven out of the last ten

all of them won the title again except for FC Copenhagen, who won't even finish second in Denmark. Peter Schmeichel's old club Brøndby might still do the double. Legia Warsaw can still mathematically be caught in Poland. They are three points clear at the top of the Ekstraklasa with a game to go and a +4 goal difference on second placed Jagiellonia. Basel's titles in a row was stopped at eight in Switzerland by Young Boys Bern, but they will be joined in the qualifying rounds by Beersheba (three in a row in Israel), Astana (four in a row in Kazakhstan) and Qarabag (five in a row in Azerbaijan).

See you all again next season then in the Champions League. :smt113

paquebot
National League champion
National League champion

Postby paquebot » Mon May 14, 2018 11:52 am

RC Strasbourg Alsace are guaranteed Ligue Un football next season so I'm happy. 8)
In Yangju, if your cabbage doesn't understand you and you have valid reason for not eating it, then it is ok to go to other vegetables for your kimchi - though strictly nothing from south of Namyangju. -- Martyrs Forever

Return to “World football”