Seol Ki-hyeon at Wolves

A forum for discussion of individual players.
ROKfootball
Site Admin

Seol Ki-hyeon at Wolves

Postby ROKfootball » Wed Apr 06, 2005 11:44 pm

There is a great deal of speculation surrounding Seol's future for 2005/06 with Wolves looking like missing out on promotion to the Premiership, with West Ham United and Southampton (amongst others) said to be interested.

What does the future hold for Seol in England?

seolseol
Korean football wannabe
Korean football wannabe

Postby seolseol » Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:00 am

I read Everton were interested to :) So we have to wait and see, i just want him to stay in England.

Vasco
Sojued-up touchline ajosshi

Postby Vasco » Fri Apr 08, 2005 3:28 pm

I think this is a debate over the skills of Seol Ki-hyeon. I thought he was rather impressive under Guus during 2002 - his head was on his shoulders and did his job despite a few accountable mistakes. However, I see that he's given up confidence and modesty in the name of glory and arrogance - he dribbles are now sub-par and dribbles for a longer time. I understand what I've said could stir up some controversey but I'm glad that I said it. He, among others as well, needs to check on their ego.

Cheers.
Seoul United l Bucheon FC l Anyang Citizen l Die FC Seoul Scum

dy2kim
Korean football wannabe
Korean football wannabe

Postby dy2kim » Sat Apr 09, 2005 1:56 pm

I agree with Vasco. I think he has a skill but he hasn't a creativity. His play is so predictable. He needs to diversify his play pattern. And his agility seems to be a little lowered than 2002/2003 season when he was playing at anderechts.

rkim291968

Postby rkim291968 » Sun Apr 10, 2005 4:09 pm

Vasco wrote:I think this is a debate over the skills of Seol Ki-hyeon. I thought he was rather impressive under Guus during 2002 - his head was on his shoulders and did his job despite a few accountable mistakes. However, I see that he's given up confidence and modesty in the name of glory and arrogance - he dribbles are now sub-par and dribbles for a longer time. I understand what I've said could stir up some controversey but I'm glad that I said it. He, among others as well, needs to check on their ego.

Cheers.

I don't know about his ego but I've always thought Seol was one of many Korean forwards who are decent but there is nothing special about. I will say the same about Cha DR, Anh, Cho JJ, Lee CS, and whole bunch of others. They are all OK with certain skills to boast. They all got their fan clubs and had their brief moment in the sun. BUT, when it comes to scoring/assist consistency, they just can't seem to compete with the best. Lee CS is a classic example. Cha is improving but how long is it going to take him to be 1/4th as good as his father was?
Gone fishing ...

the_13th_redneck
Cabbage country dweller
Cabbage country dweller

Postby the_13th_redneck » Mon Apr 11, 2005 11:48 am

No, you are right about Seol.
Dunno about egoes anymore because I think these guys have been shown their place but he has lost confidence. He seems to lose it a bit too easily.
Apologies for my extremely large avatar but come on, she is HOT, man.

Step-Over
Kim Byung-ji's hairdresser
Kim Byung-ji's hairdresser

Postby Step-Over » Tue Apr 12, 2005 6:58 am

Just watched Seol, as Wolves played Ipswich at home. Seol played well in the first half, as Wolves won 2-0. I hope Glenn Hoddle stays with Wolves.

Elliad

Postby Elliad » Tue Apr 12, 2005 9:40 am

Just read some stuff on the Molineux boards, and it looks like Seol had a great game today, almost scoring once but a great save by the Ipswich keeper denying him the goal. Excellent first half but sustained an injury near the end of it and therefore a subdued performance in the 2nd.

rkim291968

Postby rkim291968 » Tue Apr 12, 2005 12:03 pm

Elliad wrote:Just read some stuff on the Molineux boards, and it looks like Seol had a great game today, almost scoring once but a great save by the Ipswich keeper denying him the goal. Excellent first half but sustained an injury near the end of it and therefore a subdued performance in the 2nd.

He will turn in a good performance more often than not but let's not forget that he is in England's 1st division and not the premium league. As I have said in other posts, Seol and number of Korean forwards are decent but don't have the stuff that makes them elite among Asian top forwards. Hence, my hope is with new faces, Park CY and Choi SG (getting to be an old face by now). Sigh.
Gone fishing ...

the_13th_redneck
Cabbage country dweller
Cabbage country dweller

Postby the_13th_redneck » Tue Apr 12, 2005 5:28 pm

My friend in England says that Wolves had a great match against Ipswich and that Seol's first half performance was simply amazing. Was on the recieving end of a bad tackle in the 2nd half and had to get bandaged and wasn't quite the same after that... though apparently he had a good shot on target that nearly made it 3-0.

dy2kim
Korean football wannabe
Korean football wannabe

Postby dy2kim » Tue Apr 12, 2005 7:42 pm

rkim291968 wrote:I don't know about his ego but I've always thought Seol was one of many Korean forwards who are decent but there is nothing special about. I will say the same about Cha DR, Anh, Cho JJ, Lee CS, and whole bunch of others. They are all OK with certain skills to boast. They all got their fan clubs and had their brief moment in the sun. BUT, when it comes to scoring/assist consistency, they just can't seem to compete with the best. Lee CS is a classic example. Cha is improving but how long is it going to take him to be 1/4th as good as his father was?

I think Ahn is a little different. He isn't a goal getter like Van nistelooy or Henry, but he would score at the most important moment. At least, I think his technique is one of the greatest in asia.

On the other hand, I have a different view about Choi SG. Choi dribbles fine but it isn't threatening enough becase of the lack of efficiency. He dribbles too much and that discourages his team from doing a swift attack. But I believe he will be better in the future if he gets a measure of experience.
Sorry I can't speak english well. If there are some wrong sentences, let me know that

the_13th_redneck
Cabbage country dweller
Cabbage country dweller

Postby the_13th_redneck » Wed Apr 13, 2005 5:58 pm

Choi Sung-guk needs some more time before he's truly ready for the NT. I just haven't seen his dribbles lead to anything useful... and if it has, it certainly hasn't happened often enough to be considered a viable option in the NT.
Also way too weak.
I think we have enough quality players for him to barely find the bench. Having him on the bench was probably one of the smarter things that Boner did.

Return to “Players”