Kim Bo-Kyung can help you learn English!

A forum for discussion of individual players.
FCSeoul
Aspiring K4-Leaguer
Aspiring K4-Leaguer

Kim Bo-Kyung (Cardiff City/BPL/Wales)

Postby FCSeoul » Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:55 pm

ImageImage

Cardiff City Football Club is pleased to confirm that South Korean International midfielder Kim Bo-Kyung has joined the Club on a three year contract from J. League Division 1 side Cerezo Osaka in Japan.
Subject to the Club completing necessary work permit processes, Kim will finalise his move after his London 2012 Olympic commitments with the South Korea national side. He will then link up with the Cardiff City squad in preparation for the start of the 2012/13 season.

South Korean international Kim Bo-Kyung spoke exclusively to Cardiff City Player after completing his move to Cardiff City from J.League Division One side Cerezo Osaka.

"Cardiff City was always my preferred choice, despite interest from other clubs," said Bo-Kyung. "I think the tactics and the vision here will suit me and that is why I wanted to come to the Club.

"I enjoy playing with confidence; when I'm confident I score goals and I hope to score a lot of goals here at Cardiff City. I still have a lot to learn, but feel I can offer my technique and passing ability to the team.

"Playing in the Championship will be very different to the J-League. I will learn a lot from playing in such a division but also feel I can use what I've learned from Japan and bring that to the team too."

The midfielder - who is comfortable playing anywhere across the middle of the park - is currently competing in the Olympic Games, featuring prominently in South Korea's 0-0 draw with Mexico at St. James' Park on Thursday.

"I'm very happy to have signed for Cardiff City before I play more games in the Olympics with my country," Bo-Kyung continued. "It will have a positive impact on my play for South Korea, I am sure. If we play to the best of our abilities then I'm sure we can achieve things this summer."

And as for heroes, there was one man in particular that he hopes to emulate, saying: "I admire Park Ji-Sung who has been my teacher and role-model as a young South Korean footballer.

"I know he has said some nice things about me and my potential; I don't know if I'll become as good a player as he says he thinks I could, but I will certainly try my very best to meet expectations. I'm also a fan of David Silva of Manchester City and enjoy his style of play."

Malky Mackay said of his latest recruit: "We're delighted to have completed the deal to bring Bo-Kyung to Cardiff City - I'm sure he's going to be an excellent acquisition.

"He is comfortable playing anywhere across the midfield and can score goals. We look forward to welcoming him into our training setup after his involvement in the Olympics.

"I'd like to thank Bo-Kyung's representatives and also his former club Cerezo Osaka for the professional way in which they've done business with us to complete the transfer."

Hope he can help Cardiff get promoted. Also I heard the deal was worth 2.4 million euros.
Last edited by FCSeoul on Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:28 pm, edited 5 times in total.

eujin
K-League Classic champion

Re: Kim Bo-Kyung

Postby eujin » Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:02 pm

Are they going with "Bluebirds" as their nickname still? Absolute madness to change their shirt colour like that in my opinion. I guess they couldn't find any Malaysian players good enough.

I thought he had a decent game yesterday against Mexico and is one of the players who can step up to the next level.

FCSeoul
Aspiring K4-Leaguer
Aspiring K4-Leaguer

Postby FCSeoul » Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:13 pm

eujin wrote:Are they going with "Bluebirds" as their nickname still? Absolute madness to change their shirt colour like that in my opinion. I guess they couldn't find any Malaysian players good enough.

I thought he had a decent game yesterday against Mexico and is one of the players who can step up to the next level.

I heard from somewhere that the owner of Cardiff City change the shirt color on purpose so that it will attract more Asian fans. :smt082 Also you are right that they couldn't find any good Malaysian players, but also getting a English work permit is impossible for them cause their country has to be ranked 75 and up if you want a work permit

MipoFanatic
K2 promotion contender
K2 promotion contender

Postby MipoFanatic » Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:21 pm

Some reading on the subject of Cardiff's "rebranding":

Oh, and don't be surprised if our columnist friend Kim Hyeon-hoi comes up with an article about the #KeepCardiffBlue movement (and why Koreans shouldn't buy Cardiff shirts) over the next week or so... :smt113

Suwonesque
Aspiring K4-Leaguer
Aspiring K4-Leaguer

Postby Suwonesque » Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:21 pm

In Tv, he is still introduced as a Cerezo Osaka player.
Blue is the color!

FCSeoul
Aspiring K4-Leaguer
Aspiring K4-Leaguer

Postby FCSeoul » Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:13 am

First game for Cardiff City and they win 1-0 against Huddersfield.

FCSeoul
Aspiring K4-Leaguer
Aspiring K4-Leaguer

Postby FCSeoul » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:59 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=do21bE8I ... r_embedded

Kim Bo-Kyung in Cardiff right now. Here is a training video.

FCSeoul
Aspiring K4-Leaguer
Aspiring K4-Leaguer

Re: Kim Bo-Kyung At Cardiff City

Postby FCSeoul » Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:00 pm

Was subbed in the 88th min. in a 3-2 lost against Crystal Palace.

eujin

Re: Kim Bo-Kyung (Cardiff City/npower Championship/Wales)

Postby eujin » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:12 pm

They're up.

fezmond
Kim Byung-ji's hairdresser
Kim Byung-ji's hairdresser

Postby fezmond » Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:43 pm

Don't like the change to red. Will be interesting to see the games against Swansea. It's bad enough going to the rugby between those two.

daeguowl
National League champion
National League champion

Postby daeguowl » Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:55 pm

I'm worried that Cardiff's promotion and Bolton's late charge for the play-offs migh lead to the end of my opportunity to wath sporadic Wednesday games on Korean television...

SaintsCanada
National League champion
National League champion

Postby SaintsCanada » Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:11 am

Saw this on the main football page of the beeb.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23567531
오오오오오, 나의 사랑 인천 에프시!

FCSeoul
Aspiring K4-Leaguer
Aspiring K4-Leaguer

Re: Kim Bo-Kyung (Cardiff City/EPL/Wales)

Postby FCSeoul » Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:41 am

Cardiff City gets their first Premir league game win against Manchester City. :lol: 3-2.

Holyjoe

Postby Holyjoe » Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:52 pm

Kim Bo-kyung was voted South East Asian Player of the Year at the Asian Football Awards held at Wembley Stadium last night.

That's a puzzler.

eujin

Postby eujin » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:04 pm

Holyjoe wrote:Kim Bo-kyung was voted South East Asian Player of the Year at the Asian Football Awards held at Wembley Stadium last night.

That's a puzzler.

The award is sponsored by the same people that sponsor AFC Wimbledon, Korea Foods, so they ought to know what they are talking about. A generous interpretation of the award title would be South/East Asian Player of the Year.

Return to “Players”