Nathan Burns

A forum for discussion of individual players.
Frontierman
Kim Byung-ji's hairdresser

Nathan Burns

Postby Frontierman » Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:03 pm

Nice story on SBS The World Game website where he talks about the K-League and of interest he says he will play this month.
*******Come on Incheon*******
Adelaide United
Patty Mills is at San Antonio Spurs. Go Patty you little champ.

Frontierman

Re: Nathan Burns

Postby Frontierman » Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:32 am

Report as of last week out of training camp that his knee is feeling real good. I note the extensive rehab, clearly has taken no risks with this and no doubt eyeing a spot on the national team at WC 2014.
Adelaide United

Frontierman

Postby Frontierman » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:19 pm

This ticks all the boxes of an unsolved mystery. Burns returned to Korea 3 weeks ago yet I have not seen or heard anything. Nothing from Guam interviews or photos. He had a pretty decent loan spell playing through the Aussie Summer. Anyone got any gossip. :smt102
Adelaide United

just because
Propping up the K2
Propping up the K2

Postby just because » Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:46 am

Incheon have told him he can go back to Australia but he doesn't want to. It's all about money......no club in the A league will pay the wage he gets here so he is prepared to see out his contract. That's why Incheon has been freezing him out as they want him to leave but he doesn't want to. He is basically being greedy and if he was prepared to take a pay cut he would have been back in the A league long ago.

Frontierman

Postby Frontierman » Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:18 pm

Thanks for that update. That's a real shame he is not in the manager's plans for this season. He was in such good form and getting better as the A-League season went on. Maybe another loan somewhere. I can understand Incheon would not give him to a rival but surely some J-League side would consider a loan.

I suppose the only positive at the moment is he can leave at seasons end on a free.
Adelaide United

sjc_three
Propping up the K2
Propping up the K2

Postby sjc_three » Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:20 pm

just because wrote:Incheon have told him he can go back to Australia but he doesn't want to. It's all about money......no club in the A league will pay the wage he gets here so he is prepared to see out his contract. That's why Incheon has been freezing him out as they want him to leave but he doesn't want to. He is basically being greedy and if he was prepared to take a pay cut he would have been back in the A league long ago.

I can imagine the confusion this causes with the Koreans too. I heard it's practically impossible to fire anyone in Korea, so they just shun them as an outcast until they leave out of shame. Clearly that's not going to work with a westerner, which the management at the club must find extremely bizarre. To be honest, fair play to him. They agreed to take him on, presumably based on what he could do for them. If they've made that commitment to him, then they should stick by it and freezing him out completely is just counter productive. I remember Real Madrid did something similar with Steve McManaman when he was there, making him train with the youth team, and he refused to budge. He said all the right things in the media about loving the city and the club and not wanting to leave. He completely won the fans over and in the end got his place back in the team and ended up scoring in the Champions League final.

Frontierman

Postby Frontierman » Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:01 pm

I'm guessing that the serious money that can be earnt in Australia is all long tied up. Clubs there have marque players who earn considerably more, but those spots are decided prior to the season starting. At transfer time in January it's just a bit of tinkering so there was probably not much on offer.

The other thing of note is that the Australian manager picks a squad in March (I think I read somewhere). It will be interesting if Burns already knows something about his chances with that and does not have to race off to the first club that rings. :smt102
Adelaide United

SaintsCanada
National League champion
National League champion

Postby SaintsCanada » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:57 pm

I don't blame him. A soccer career is extremely short. Make the money you can now. It'd be different if he were a multi-millionaire playing in the EPL or La Liga, but he isn't. He is paid based on his perceived ability at the time he agreed to play for the club. As long as he puts in a shift everyday in training and if/when called upon in matches, the contract is in full-force.

One would think it would be in everyone's interests to at least find a club that will pay half his wages and send him back out on loan. I wouldn't be surprised if that ends up happening around the beginning of the season (the other club would have little interest in paying his wages during pre-season).
오오오오오, 나의 사랑 인천 에프시!

Holyjoe
K-League Classic champion
K-League Classic champion

Postby Holyjoe » Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:24 pm

It was team photo day today at Sungeui and Burns wasn't even invited along...

Alex43
Propping up the K2
Propping up the K2

Postby Alex43 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:48 pm

remember last year when we was cropped in over someone's body
well well well

mfk
Korean football wannabe
Korean football wannabe

Postby mfk » Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:17 pm

sjc_three wrote:
just because wrote:I remember Real Madrid did something similar with Steve McManaman when he was there, making him train with the youth team, and he refused to budge. He said all the right things in the media about loving the city and the club and not wanting to leave. He completely won the fans over and in the end got his place back in the team and ended up scoring in the Champions League final.

off topic, i think the fall out occured the season after he scored in the final.
나위 사라ㅏㅏㅇㅇ 나의 수어ㅓㅓㄴㄴ ~~~~~

Frontierman

Postby Frontierman » Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:05 pm

Sunderland looked poor. However saw Ki Sung-Yueng playing and he was replaced late by an ex team mate of Burns from AEK, Scocco.

Thought there might have been some Burns news by now.
Adelaide United

Frontierman

Postby Frontierman » Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:53 pm

Burns signed by Wellington in A-League.
Adelaide United

SaintsCanada
National League champion
National League champion

Postby SaintsCanada » Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:41 pm

Frontierman wrote:Burns signed by Wellington in A-League.

That's good news. Loan or permanent?
오오오오오, 나의 사랑 인천 에프시!

just because
Propping up the K2
Propping up the K2

Postby just because » Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:55 pm

SaintsCanada wrote:
Frontierman wrote:Burns signed by Wellington in A-League.

That's good news. Loan or permanent?

Permanent...details in the transfer thread

Return to “Players”