Park Ji-Sung (PSV/Eredivisie/Netherlands)

A forum for discussion of individual players.
User avatar
Holyjoe
K-League Classic champion
K-League Classic champion
Posts: 11623
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 11:57 pm
Contact:

Re: Park Ji-Sung (QPR/EPL/England)

Postby Holyjoe » Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:34 am

After strangling a burglar to death it looks like Park has decided to flee the country - he's off to Holland to rejoin PSV Eindhoven. Good move.

Park to leave QPR for former club PSV as midfielder agrees loan deal
28 July 2013

Ji-Sung Park is poised to return to former club PSV Eindhoven on a season-long loan.

The QPR midfielder, 32, flew to Holland for a medical at the weekend and the deal is expected to be finalised on Monday.

Park left PSV to join Manchester United in 2005.

User avatar
Holyjoe
K-League Classic champion
K-League Classic champion
Posts: 11623
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 11:57 pm
Contact:

Re: Park Ji-Sung (QPR/EPL/England)

Postby Holyjoe » Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:39 am

Having said that, the Korean media are now reporting Park earns too much money and PSV aren't prepared to contribute to the level that QPR are looking for. He was in Holland but he's now back in London with nothing having been agreed so far. Still time for Suwon to swoop in then.

User avatar
FCSeoul
Aspiring K4-Leaguer
Aspiring K4-Leaguer
Posts: 762
Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:08 pm

Re: Park Ji-Sung (QPR/EPL/England)

Postby FCSeoul » Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:36 pm

Holyjoe wrote:Having said that, the Korean media are now reporting Park earns too much money and PSV aren't prepared to contribute to the level that QPR are looking for. He was in Holland but he's now back in London with nothing having been agreed so far. Still time for Suwon to swoop in then.


That won't be happening anytime soon. Samsung Electronics have cut their fund.

User avatar
Spatula City
Cabbage country dweller
Cabbage country dweller
Posts: 266
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:11 pm
Location: South of the (Ulsan) Border, West of the Sun (and fun in Haeundae)

Re: Park Ji-Sung (QPR/EPL/England)

Postby Spatula City » Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:02 pm

FCSeoul wrote:
Holyjoe wrote:Having said that, the Korean media are now reporting Park earns too much money and PSV aren't prepared to contribute to the level that QPR are looking for. He was in Holland but he's now back in London with nothing having been agreed so far. Still time for Suwon to swoop in then.


That won't be happening anytime soon. Samsung Electronics have cut their fund.

Surely they can scrounge around in their corporate sofa (which looks exactly like the sofa at Apple HQ by the way) for the necessary coin to sign the Football Jesus. It would be far less shocking than Clint Dempsey, who actually can still contribute at the premier league level, taking Microsoft money to go play for Seattle in the MLS.

User avatar
Suwonesque
Aspiring K4-Leaguer
Aspiring K4-Leaguer
Posts: 826
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:31 am
Location: Seoul

Re: Park Ji-Sung (QPR/EPL/England)

Postby Suwonesque » Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:48 am

FCSeoul wrote:
Holyjoe wrote:Having said that, the Korean media are now reporting Park earns too much money and PSV aren't prepared to contribute to the level that QPR are looking for. He was in Holland but he's now back in London with nothing having been agreed so far. Still time for Suwon to swoop in then.


That won't be happening anytime soon. Samsung Electronics have cut their fund.
FCSeoul wrote:
Holyjoe wrote:Having said that, the Korean media
are now reporting Park earns too much money and PSV aren't prepared to contribute to the level that QPR are looking for. He was in Holland but he's now back in London with nothing having been agreed so far. Still time for Suwon to swoop in then.

That won't be happening anytime soon. Samsung Electronics have cut their fund.


Wishful thinking with some envious eyes.
Blue is the color!

User avatar
FCSeoul
Aspiring K4-Leaguer
Aspiring K4-Leaguer
Posts: 762
Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:08 pm

Re: Park Ji-Sung (QPR/EPL/England)

Postby FCSeoul » Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:50 pm

Suwonesque wrote:
FCSeoul wrote:
Holyjoe wrote:Having said that, the Korean media are now reporting Park earns too much money and PSV aren't prepared to contribute to the level that QPR are looking for. He was in Holland but he's now back in London with nothing having been agreed so far. Still time for Suwon to swoop in then.


That won't be happening anytime soon. Samsung Electronics have cut their fund.
FCSeoul wrote:
Holyjoe wrote:Having said that, the Korean media
are now reporting Park earns too much money and PSV aren't prepared to contribute to the level that QPR are looking for. He was in Holland but he's now back in London with nothing having been agreed so far. Still time for Suwon to swoop in then.

That won't be happening anytime soon. Samsung Electronics have cut their fund.


Wishful thinking with some envious eyes.


:wink:

Anyways, he has moved to PSV on a loan for the whole season.

Image

User avatar
Evergreen
National League champion
National League champion
Posts: 1750
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2007 6:18 pm
Location: Sejong City
Contact:

Re: Park Ji-Sung (PSV/Eredivisie/Netherlands)

Postby Evergreen » Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:39 pm

Why do they even want him? He is clearly past it. Marketing money talks I guess.
Image

User avatar
sjc_three
Propping up the K2
Propping up the K2
Posts: 2867
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:58 pm
Location: Budapest, Hungary
Contact:

Re: Park Ji-Sung (PSV/Eredivisie/Netherlands)

Postby sjc_three » Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:26 pm

???? He's only 32!

User avatar
Evergreen
National League champion
National League champion
Posts: 1750
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2007 6:18 pm
Location: Sejong City
Contact:

Re: Park Ji-Sung (PSV/Eredivisie/Netherlands)

Postby Evergreen » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:44 pm

sjc_three wrote:???? He's only 32!


His only world class assets have always been his speed and stamina IMO. He's a very average footballer without them.
Image

User avatar
SaintsCanada
National League champion
National League champion
Posts: 1707
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:04 pm

Re: Park Ji-Sung (PSV/Eredivisie/Netherlands)

Postby SaintsCanada » Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:10 pm

Evergreen wrote:
sjc_three wrote:???? He's only 32!


His only world class assets have always been his speed and stamina IMO. He's a very average footballer without them.


I disagree with that. That's only true of him within his role at Manchester United. When he was with PSV he was basically a high-flying forward, and with Korea at the World Cup he was a roaming free-role midfielder who pulled the strings and found space for himself to drift into. In early 2010-11, he even did this in a few matches for Man U and looked not too bad.

He's extremely versatile. He suits his style of play to whatever specific role his manager asks of him. He is a manager's dream. I agree that at 32, he probably won't still be the "Three-lung Park" that chases up and down the entire touchline like Fergie asked of him, but he still has a lot to offer if used correctly.

Still though, at 32, I think not returning to Japan or Korea is a career-mistake. At his age he should be looking to build his legacy at home before he retires. He could be even bigger than, well... Park Ji-Sung!
오오오오오, 나의 사랑 인천 에프시!

User avatar
Evergreen
National League champion
National League champion
Posts: 1750
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2007 6:18 pm
Location: Sejong City
Contact:

Re: Park Ji-Sung (PSV/Eredivisie/Netherlands)

Postby Evergreen » Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:47 am

SaintsCanada wrote:
Evergreen wrote:
sjc_three wrote:???? He's only 32!


His only world class assets have always been his speed and stamina IMO. He's a very average footballer without them.


I disagree with that. That's only true of him within his role at Manchester United. When he was with PSV he was basically a high-flying forward, and with Korea at the World Cup he was a roaming free-role midfielder who pulled the strings and found space for himself to drift into. In early 2010-11, he even did this in a few matches for Man U and looked not too bad.

He's extremely versatile. He suits his style of play to whatever specific role his manager asks of him. He is a manager's dream. I agree that at 32, he probably won't still be the "Three-lung Park" that chases up and down the entire touchline like Fergie asked of him, but he still has a lot to offer if used correctly.

Still though, at 32, I think not returning to Japan or Korea is a career-mistake. At his age he should be looking to build his legacy at home before he retires. He could be even bigger than, well... Park Ji-Sung!


Don't get me wrong, I like the guy's attitude and work ethic, but looking at QPR messageboards, they are hardly sad to see him go (quite the opposite in fact). Some rate him as QPR's worst ever signing.

I agree that he should have moved to the K-League though. I'm almost convinced that he will sign for a K-League club next year after his loan deal is up. It would be superb publicity for the league.
Image

User avatar
FCSeoul
Aspiring K4-Leaguer
Aspiring K4-Leaguer
Posts: 762
Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:08 pm

Re: Park Ji-Sung (PSV/Eredivisie/Netherlands)

Postby FCSeoul » Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:05 am

Evergreen wrote:
SaintsCanada wrote:
Evergreen wrote:
sjc_three wrote:???? He's only 32!


His only world class assets have always been his speed and stamina IMO. He's a very average footballer without them.


I disagree with that. That's only true of him within his role at Manchester United. When he was with PSV he was basically a high-flying forward, and with Korea at the World Cup he was a roaming free-role midfielder who pulled the strings and found space for himself to drift into. In early 2010-11, he even did this in a few matches for Man U and looked not too bad.

He's extremely versatile. He suits his style of play to whatever specific role his manager asks of him. He is a manager's dream. I agree that at 32, he probably won't still be the "Three-lung Park" that chases up and down the entire touchline like Fergie asked of him, but he still has a lot to offer if used correctly.

Still though, at 32, I think not returning to Japan or Korea is a career-mistake. At his age he should be looking to build his legacy at home before he retires. He could be even bigger than, well... Park Ji-Sung!


Don't get me wrong, I like the guy's attitude and work ethic, but looking at QPR messageboards, they are hardly sad to see him go (quite the opposite in fact). Some rate him as QPR's worst ever signing.

I agree that he should have moved to the K-League though. I'm almost convinced that he will sign for a K-League club next year after his loan deal is up. It would be superb publicity for the league.


Park couldn't have been their worst signing, C. Samba was. Also Park was a bench player last season, blaming him for relegation is a bit too much.

User avatar
Suwonesque
Aspiring K4-Leaguer
Aspiring K4-Leaguer
Posts: 826
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:31 am
Location: Seoul

Re: Park Ji-Sung (PSV/Eredivisie/Netherlands)

Postby Suwonesque » Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:54 pm

kkk.. Bosingwa and Park were the worst signings of the QPR last season.
Yes, we should be blaming him for relegation. Under Mark Hughes, he was captain and untouchable. Started most of the matches and scored 0 goals and assisting further nil.
All he did was running around, chasing every ball like a headless chicken.

If he had scored at least 5 goals, and assisted another 5, QPR wouldn't have relegated.
Blue is the color!

User avatar
FCSeoul
Aspiring K4-Leaguer
Aspiring K4-Leaguer
Posts: 762
Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:08 pm

Re: Park Ji-Sung (PSV/Eredivisie/Netherlands)

Postby FCSeoul » Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:22 pm

Suwonesque wrote:kkk.. Bosingwa and Park were the worst signings of the QPR last season.
Yes, we should be blaming him for relegation. Under Mark Hughes, he was captain and untouchable. Started most of the matches and scored 0 goals and assisting further nil.
All he did was running around, chasing every ball like a headless chicken.

If he had scored at least 5 goals, and assisted another 5, QPR wouldn't have relegated.


Yeah, he was captain for the first 11 games then the captaincy was handed over to Clint Hill. Also I don't know why QPR fans put so much burden on him. Without his speed and stamina, he is just an average football player. Blaming a single player for relegation :roll: there were 10 other players on the field with him.

btw, you said that Bosingwa and Park were the worst signings for QPR last season, but why not Christopher Samba (12.5 million euros)? Have you seen what he has done in the 8 BPL games he started for them?

User avatar
Suwonesque
Aspiring K4-Leaguer
Aspiring K4-Leaguer
Posts: 826
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:31 am
Location: Seoul

Re: Park Ji-Sung (PSV/Eredivisie/Netherlands)

Postby Suwonesque » Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:26 pm

Midway through the season, it was clear that they would be relegated. Chris Samba was a panic buy for QPR. He shouldn't be blamed.
Blue is the color!


Return to “Players”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest