After the K-League...

A forum for discussion of individual players.
FCSeoul
Aspiring K4-Leaguer
Aspiring K4-Leaguer

Re: After the K-League...

Postby FCSeoul » Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:20 pm

Don't know where to post this, but it seems that Denis Laktionov's (Lee Seong-nam) son plays for Maetan middle school. (U12 Suwon)

Holyjoe
K-League Classic champion

Postby Holyjoe » Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:15 pm

Lim Sung-bin and Park Jae-yong are bloody massive for twelve year olds...

OttoSilver
National League champion
National League champion

Postby OttoSilver » Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:13 pm

Dont want any of them in my class. Hey all look like trouble makers.

Then again, with they way sport work here they will likely attend almost none of their middle school, high school or Yeonsae classes.

I have a student who regulary leaves our elementery school by about 11am to go practice figure skating. If she sees the end if the school day (only 3hours later!) twice a week then it's a lot.

Sweet girl and very fright. Her little sister looks like a wild child, as in looks like she grew up and lives in a forest. Besides the point, but funny :)
There are two routes to success in football. One is being good. The other is being lucky. You need both to win a championship. But you need only one to win a match.

Korean Stadiums: http://tinyurl.com/KoreanStadiums

daeguowl
National League champion
National League champion

Postby daeguowl » Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:16 am

Holyjoe wrote:Lim Sung-bin and Park Jae-yong are bloody massive for twelve year olds...

Both weigh only a few kilos less than me, although i have about 15cm in height. For me Lee Jimin looks like a uni student...he's got a 'tache for god's sake!

FCSeoul
Aspiring K4-Leaguer
Aspiring K4-Leaguer

Postby FCSeoul » Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:59 pm

Former Pohang and Daegu striker, Derek Asamoah, is currently playing for the League Two side, Carlisle United. He has scored 2 goals in 2 games already.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/29714619

Only on a short-term deal though.

ASAMOAH MUST PROVE FITNESS TO WIN PERMANENT CARLISLE UTD DEAL

Asamoah has scored two goals in two games, including a 90th-minute winner in Saturday’s 2-1 victory over Oxford United, but still hasn’t done enough to earn a longer deal.

Curle believes other clubs will be alerted by the 33-year-old’s availability but isn’t prepared to rush into a decision as he believes there is still more to come from the former Ghana international.

Asamoah is unable to start games because of a hamstring injury and the United boss, who previously signed the player for Mansfield and Chester, wants him to get fully fit before deciding on his long-term future.

“I can’t offer a contract to a player to be a bit-part player – and Derek doesn’t want that either,” said Curle.

“He wants a little bit of stability and longevity but, to get it, he needs to show he can play a full part. The more time he has on the pitch, the more goals he scores and the better he plays, the more will come his way. It’s win, win for him.

“I’m mindful of the fact that other people will be looking at Derek and know he is on a short-term contract.

“I told him I would give him a platform to showcase his ability. He’s been earning money by doing that because his contract is incentivised so, if he scores and does well, he gets more money.”

The former Northampton and Shrewsbury striker, who has spent the last three years playing in South Korea, came off the bench to fire Carlisle’s third goal on his debut in the 4-3 defeat to Burton Albion last midweek......
http://www.newsandstar.co.uk/carlisle-u ... -1.1171707

Holyjoe

Postby Holyjoe » Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:04 am

Holyjoe

Postby Holyjoe » Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:40 pm

'Ex-Daejeon player signs for Serie A side' isn't a headline that's been written too many times in the past, but Brazilian forward Luiz Fernando Pereira da Silva (Fernandinho), who spent a couple of months on loan with Daejeon back in 2007, has just joined Italian Serie A side Hellas Verona on loan from Gremio.

Not quite up there with Grafite's rise from Anyang LG benchwarmer to Brazilian national team forward but he's done well for himself there anyway.

Holyjoe

Postby Holyjoe » Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:26 pm

Two former K-Leaguers have turned up at fan-run Romanian fourth division football club FC Arges 1953, the successor club to FC Arges Pitesti who were wound up in 2013. The players in question are 35 year-old former Jeonnam and Seongnam striker Adrian Neaga, and one-time Suwon midfielder Constantin Barbu - the latter an interesting one because he had a very brief spell playing for Suwon on loan in 1998 and actually retired from the game at the end of 2004.

Holyjoe

Postby Holyjoe » Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:54 am

Cureton wins Player of the Year
26 April 2015

Jamie Cureton has been named Dagenham & Redbridge’s Player of the Year after the awards were handed out following the team’s final home game of the season.

Despite seeing four goals in the rout against Accrington Stanley, the biggest cheer of the afternoon came when the veteran striker lifted the personal trophy,

Mark Cousins came second in the vote with Billy Bingham third while Ashley Hemmings won the Community Player of the Year.

Cureton started the season without a club but was pleased his efforts this campaign proved that age is no barrier when it comes to football.

“I’ve always felt if I get in the door someway I can prove I’m good enough to still play. I wouldn’t come to clubs and ask to train if I didn’t feel I could do a job,” said the 39-year-old.

“Come the end of last season Cheltenham felt I couldn’t. I carried on training with them and the manager thought I could. By then, I’d been invited up by Darren to come and train and I was really enjoying it.

“I came in the back door quite late. The manager said he didn’t know how many games I was going to play and what we’re going to get from you.

“I said once I’m in the door I’ll show you and prove that I’m still able to play. Thankfully I’ve done that and I thank the staff and the players and everyone who’s helped me on the way.”

Cureton’s contract is up at the end of the current season, having only signed a one-year deal when he joined the Victoria Road side last summer.

But he hopes that his 19-goal haul so far this season has helped him earn a new deal with the Londoners.

“I’m not ready to retire yet. The season I’ve had, I don’t see a reason why I can’t have another season like it. I still feel very good,” added Cureton.

“I’m still playing come the end of the season. I’ve played the most game out of the squad. I’ve proved my fitness and as long as I keep myself in shape in the summer, which I normally do, I can’t see any reason why I can’t have another season like this.”

Holyjoe

Postby Holyjoe » Wed May 20, 2015 6:14 am

Another year at Dagenham for Cureton:

Jamie Cureton: Dagenham striker happy with new contract
5 May 2015

Veteran striker Jamie Cureton says it was an easy decision to sign a new one-year contract with League Two side Dagenham & Redbridge.

The 39-year-old scored 19 league goals this season, finishing as the second-highest goalscorer in the fourth tier.

Holyjoe

Postby Holyjoe » Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:15 am

Some non-Cureton news, ex-Seoul boss Senol Gunes has become Slaven Bilic's replacement as manager of Besiktas.

FCSeoul
Aspiring K4-Leaguer
Aspiring K4-Leaguer

Postby FCSeoul » Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:40 am

Former Gyeongnam and Seongnam striker, Wilmar Jordan Gil, is linked with a move to the Portuguese side, Sporting Lisbon. IRRC, he was pretty bad when played here. (Just like former Gyeongnam striker, Camilo, who went on to become the MLS top goal scorer of 2013.)

http://desporto.sapo.pt/futebol/primeir ... a-o-ataque
http://www.futbolred.com/colombianos-ex ... a+16124616

Holyjoe

Postby Holyjoe » Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:24 pm

Sisinio Martinez may be the first player to play for both Osasuna and Suwon FC following his summer window move between the clubs, but Montenegrin striker Bogdan Milic will become the second as the chap who played for Suwon FC in 2013 and for Gwangju in 2012 has just moved to the Spanish side from Mladost Podgorica.

Alex43
Propping up the K2
Propping up the K2

Postby Alex43 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:03 am

ENINHO is back in action in brazil. the article was all in portuguese so i am not sure of the team or anything, but i think serie b in brazil.
well well well

Holyjoe

Postby Holyjoe » Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:44 am

Alex43 wrote:ENINHO is back in action in brazil. the article was all in portuguese so i am not sure of the team or anything, but i think serie b in brazil.

Yep, tracked him down to Ceara (profile and photo here). They were Mota's favourite club, he had four separate spells with them in between spells with Korean clubs.

Looked up Mota out of interest to see what he's up to and according to his Wikipedia page he's at Brazilian Serie B side Bragantino. Their squad list shows their playing staff was entirely Brazilian except for some bloke called Chico who had a South Korean flag next to his name - turns out this is a 23 year-old bloke called Francisco Hyun Sol Kim who holds dual nationality. Just thought that was an interesting one.

Return to “Players”