After the K-League...

A forum for discussion of individual players.
MipoFanatic
K2 promotion contender
K2 promotion contender

Re: After the K-League...

Postby MipoFanatic » Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:10 pm

The first Brit to play in Korea. RIP.

Holyjoe
K-League Classic champion

Postby Holyjoe » Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:14 am

Another FA Cup goal for Jamie Cureton to add to his collection, he netted in Farnborough's 5-1 win over Longlevens AFC in the Preliminary Round today. They're through to face Andover Town in the First Qualifying Round on September 3rd, just four more rounds to navigate to reach the tournament proper.

MipoFanatic
K2 promotion contender
K2 promotion contender

Postby MipoFanatic » Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:19 am

16 months late with this one, but... former Busan I'cons striker and Bucheon FC 1995 manager Gwak Gyeong-geun is now manager of Gimpo KKK FC U-18. :shock:

SteveW
K2 promotion contender
K2 promotion contender

Postby SteveW » Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:56 pm

Made a bloomer at the weekend. Curo was in Swindon to take on Supermarine in the FA Cup with Farnborough and I decided to go to Brislington instead.

He started the game as well. http://www.farnboroughfc.co.uk/2016/rep ... rnborough/

That's the end of cup run though. My plan is to take in a game every round though that's going to get harder as the cup progresses.

Next round is Oct 1st I think - maybe Gloucester City is the match for me that weekend.

Have we got any other K-League links still doing anything in England?

I discovered ex-Busan coach Tom Jones at Chippenham Town a couple of weeks back.
2014 Cass Lemon ROKfootball Prediction League Cup Competition brought to you in association with Dal Shabet Champion!!!

Groundhopping: the48club.wordpress.com

SEFC: seoulelandfc.wordpress.com

48 Club Count = 47. ONE TO GO!

MipoFanatic
K2 promotion contender
K2 promotion contender

Postby MipoFanatic » Wed Sep 21, 2016 3:07 am

SteveW wrote:Made a bloomer at the weekend. Curo was in Swindon to take on Supermarine in the FA Cup with Farnborough and I decided to go to Brislington instead.

He started the game as well. http://www.farnboroughfc.co.uk/2016/rep ... rnborough/

That's the end of cup run though. My plan is to take in a game every round though that's going to get harder as the cup progresses.

Next round is Oct 1st I think - maybe Gloucester City is the match for me that weekend.

I discovered ex-Busan coach Tom Jones at Chippenham Town a couple of weeks back.

That might have been Curo's last match at Farnborough, as he posted on Twitter five days ago that he has some football-related news. He also didn't dress in Farnborough's league match today.

According to Wikipedia, Jones has been an assistant at Chippenham since 2013. His only term as a manager was at Swindon Supermarine back in 2004. This is what the Korea Times had to say about that brief stint:

Jones’ first attempt at managing a senior club side was not successful, as he led the Marines to their worst-ever start to a season, acquiring just two points from a possible 45 in league action. Two months into the post, after an embarrassing 0-9 home-loss to Sutton Coldfield Town, Jones was sacked, and soon after was contacted by Porterfield about the vacant coaching position at the I’cons.

Jon Olav Hjelde is doing some youth coaching in Norway at the moment. Cookie and Marsden don't seem to be doing anything football-related.

Holyjoe

Postby Holyjoe » Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:21 am

MipoFanatic wrote:That might have been Curo's last match at Farnborough, as he posted on Twitter five days ago that he has some football-related news. He also didn't dress in Farnborough's league match today.

SpainGuy's strike partner at Siheung...

daeguowl
National League champion
National League champion

Postby daeguowl » Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:26 am

SteveW wrote:Made a bloomer at the weekend. Curo was in Swindon to take on Supermarine in the FA Cup with Farnborough and I decided to go to Brislington instead.

I'll be in Castle Combe on Friday...can you sling us a free vacuum?

MipoFanatic
K2 promotion contender
K2 promotion contender

Postby MipoFanatic » Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:29 am

And indeed that was Cureton's last match for Farnborough. He's off to Conference / National League big spenders Eastleigh at the age of 41.

BBC - Jamie Cureton: Eastleigh sign former Bristol Rovers and Norwich striker

Southern Daily Echo - Eastleigh swoop for Football League goal machine Jamie Cureton

Holyjoe

Postby Holyjoe » Sat Sep 24, 2016 6:04 am

Former founding ferret Bobby Cullen has found himself a new club.. after being binned by E-Land at the end of 2015 he was over in America trying to get himself a deal with new NASL franchise Minnesota United but that doesn't appear to have worked out. Instead he's signed a three month contract with Indian Super League side NorthEast United, a club managed by former FC Seoul boss Nelo Vingada.

SteveW
K2 promotion contender
K2 promotion contender

Postby SteveW » Sat Sep 24, 2016 6:22 am

Had a lot of time for bobby. Always gave 100 percent and had a cracking engine. Just lacked the quality to be an effective frontman but theres a good midfielder in there somewhere I think.
2014 Cass Lemon ROKfootball Prediction League Cup Competition brought to you in association with Dal Shabet Champion!!!

Groundhopping: the48club.wordpress.com

SEFC: seoulelandfc.wordpress.com

48 Club Count = 47. ONE TO GO!

Holyjoe

Postby Holyjoe » Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:06 am

Jamie Cureton scores on his debut for Eastleigh. He's still got it..

Jamie Cureton hopes he can keep his place in the team for National League side Eastleigh after scoring on his full debut at the age of 41.

Cureton, who joined his 16th club in September, opened the scoring in a 3-0 win against Torquay on Tuesday.

"I've had to be patient and wait a few weeks for my chance," the former Norwich striker told BBC Radio Solent.

"Hopefully I've done enough to keep my place as it's been all about getting in the team since I joined."

Holyjoe

Postby Holyjoe » Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:23 am

Former Suwon foreign import Yuri Matveyev is currently on the coaching staff at Russian Premier League side FC Ural Yekaterinburg. Found his profile on the official Ural club website and Chrome helpfully suggested a "translate this page" option so I clicked yes and there's this section in the middle of the profile about his time with Suwon. Chrome Translate could do with a wee bit of tweaking... dwarfs?

Yury Matveev about playing abroad:

Offers in career suffice, but in the "Bavaria" and "Milan" is not called exactly. When played in CSKA, I offered to play in Korea. He lived there for two years and I was comfortable there. Well I studied the culture of Koreans. Someone thinks that in Russia bears on the streets and minus 20 every day. And someone just thinks about Korea, saying that there is some dwarfs all look the same, and that the dwarfs make laptops and cars. In fact, it is certainly not the case. As on Monday at 6 am, they woke up and went to work, so until Friday there did not go. It was only at the weekend Koreans can afford to "relax". I lived with ordinary people in the apartment building, concierge fulfilled all requirements. For example, throwing out the garbage separately, one with the plastic bag, the second - from food waste. We still do not exist, and in Korea it had already been in the order of things. My family was there too comfortable. Children so generally were delighted: water parks, Disneyland.

MipoFanatic
K2 promotion contender
K2 promotion contender

Postby MipoFanatic » Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:12 am

Maybe jaebeol chairman are Santa Claus? :smt111

MipoFanatic
K2 promotion contender
K2 promotion contender

Postby MipoFanatic » Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:10 am

The management team at Eastleigh has been axed, and former Busan striker Jamie Cureton seems to be the only player also let go.

MipoFanatic
K2 promotion contender
K2 promotion contender

Postby MipoFanatic » Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:34 am

MipoFanatic wrote:The management team at Eastleigh has been axed, and former Busan striker Jamie Cureton seems to be the only player also let go.

Cureton wasn't out of work long, as he's signed with St. Albans City of the National League (Conference) South, in the sixth-tier of English football.

He actually played one match back at eighth-tier Farnborough last weekend, funnily enough against a non-League side I used to be involved with. Worlds colliding and all that.

Return to “Players”