Korean wives

A forum for discussion of individual players.
Holyjoe
K-League Classic champion

Re: Korean wives

Postby Holyjoe » Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:59 pm

Are we going to keep this thread going with real wedding pics? Why not... Suwon's Choi Sung-hyun married model Song Ju at the weekend - apparently he had telly commentator Lee Yong-su do the MC stuff at the ceremony. Not quite as great as having someone like Motty, Jonathan Pearce ( :smt093 ) or Alan Green doing it but impressive nonetheless. Archie MacPherson would be the ultimate, but that name won't mean much to most. Doubt he'd prove too popular or successful on the wedding circuit though given his fondness for the word "WOOF!"

Gerd Bibimbapper
National League champion
National League champion

Postby Gerd Bibimbapper » Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:13 am

Smile the pair of you. :albino:
Speaking of pairs, are those real?

mustoe02
National League champion
National League champion

Postby mustoe02 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:06 am

Smile the pair of you.
Speaking of pairs, are those real?

Yeah right, she looks bloody frightening!

I'm not even sure if Choi Sung-Hyun plays enough to call himself a footballer, I'd go with 'exerciser' or 'sitter'.

disoriented
Korean football wannabe
Korean football wannabe

Postby disoriented » Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:05 pm

Now we actually know what Choi Sung-Hyun actually did for a living, I think it's time to revive this thread. Seongnam's second choice striker Namgung Do has announced he will wed model Jo Gi-bbeum next month.

This august financial website has the story.

Have to say I wouldn't recognise Namgung Do from those pictures.

mustoe02
National League champion
National League champion

Postby mustoe02 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:38 pm

Yes! This is one of my favourite ever threads.

I don't think I'd recognize Namgung Do if he was the only person standing in a vast sports hall I was told he was in there. His perspective wife seems to have a funny name: Jo Gi-bbuem? There's a joke in there somewhere.

daeguowl
National League champion
National League champion

Postby daeguowl » Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:39 pm

mustoe02 wrote:Yes! This is one of my favourite ever threads.

I don't think I'd recognize Namgung Do if he was the only person standing in a vast sports hall I was told he was in there. His perspective wife seems to have a funny name: Jo Gi-bbuem? There's a joke in there somewhere.

I guess the joke is "perspective wife"... :smt079 Perhaps her tits look bigger from certain angles. :smt118

Sampo
National League champion
National League champion

Postby Sampo » Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:00 pm

One of those photos doesn't seem to belong in the wedding photo album... :smt112

eujin

Postby eujin » Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:43 am

Molina's family at the Seoul game last weekend.

Is it acceptable to be an FC Seoul fan if your dad plays for them?

Rothesay Saint
Propping up the K2
Propping up the K2

Postby Rothesay Saint » Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:01 am

I wondered who was waving the big Columbian flag that he ran over to after he scored his second. Should have guessed seeing as they were sitting in the WAG, chicken and corporate jolly stand.
Bring back King Cha.

Holyjoe

Postby Holyjoe » Mon May 28, 2012 7:52 pm

N.Korea Striker Jong Tae-se to Tie Knot This Year
May 24, 2012

Striker Jong Tae-se (28) has seen his fortunes dip and dive for FC Köln, which got relegated from Germany's leading Bundesliga at the end of last season, but off the pitch the ethnic Korean is enjoying life and will realize another key ambition by tying the knot later this year.

Jong, a third-generation Korean Japanese who has a South Korean passport but who plays for North Korea, has long expressed his desire to find a soul mate. He talked about his wedding plans for the first time on Wednesday in Bangkok, where he participated in the 2nd Asian Dream Cup, a charity football event hosted by Manchester United midfielder Park Ji-sung's JS Foundation.

"She is Korean Japanese, like me, and we've been together for five years. She works at a company and is one year older than me," he said, apparently reluctant to divulge too much information about his bride-to-be.

The couple got together after being set up by one of Jong's university friends when he was playing for Japan's Kawasaki Frontale. Since Jong moved to Bochum, Germany, in 2010, they have maintained a long-distance relationship.

In January, Jong moved up from Germany's second-tier league to join Koln, but played in just five games and mostly served as a benchwarmer. Adding to his misfortune, the team got relegated. Jong expressed his disappointment and said he was not hopeful of finding another team to transfer to in the Bundesliga at this point in his career. Rather, he said, he will focus on trying to get as much playing time as possible in the lower league.

He also seemed open to the idea of playing in South Korea's domestic league. "If I receive a good offer, I will definitely consider it," he said. "In the past, I heard rumors that a number of K League teams were interested in me, but I wasn't prepared to make the move at that time."

He named playing in the UEFA Champions' League as one of his unfulfilled ambitions. "I wanted to become the first North Korean to play in the Champions' League, but Park Kwang-ryong of Basel beat me to the punch. I will have to wait until I hear from him to find out how he found the experience, but I would still love to play on such a grand stage."

Holyjoe

Postby Holyjoe » Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:12 pm

Mrs. Jung Sung-ryong and mini Jung Sung-ryong at the Suwon game today... the wee fella showing a safer pair of hands than his old man usually does:

daeguowl
National League champion
National League champion

Postby daeguowl » Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:23 pm

Mrs Jeong Jo-Guk has a twitter account if anyone is interested. @Ssung916

Quite wag-like I think (gangnam style)

Holyjoe

Postby Holyjoe » Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:50 am

Yang Sang-min's getting hitched, I would imagine in a tux and not in the Suwon kits:

His Suwon teammates Oh Jang-eun and Lim Kyung-hyun are also getting married this weekend, not to each other, but neither have done any of these fun photos (or at least not given them out to be put on Daum).

Jeonbuk's Jeon Kwang-hwan's also getting married to his long-time girlfriend not-the-movie-star Jeon Ji-hyun. They're doing the football thing also, poor chap clearly wasn't allowed to use the 2013 kit:

Holyjoe

Postby Holyjoe » Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:46 pm

Bump, more home and away kits for Incheon's Nam Joon-jae and his missus. Apparently he proposed to Mrs. Nam at half-time during an Incheon game last season, was anyone there? Good thing she said yes or going back out for the second half would have been tough...

Gyongmaman
Cabbage country dweller
Cabbage country dweller

Postby Gyongmaman » Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:20 pm

It was the game against Daejeon in November last year. He scored the only goal of the game too. I looked through my pictures from that day but I was seemingly pre-occupied with taking lots of pictures of the Incheon fans unfurling a big banner reading "2013 K-League 2, Bucheon vs Daejeon - Congratulations!" to bother to take one of his proposal.

FC Seoul defender Kim Ju Young got married yesterday as well.

Return to “Players”