Three Player query

A forum for discussion of individual players.
njs
National League champion
National League champion

Three Player query

Postby njs » Tue Apr 26, 2005 9:52 am

Can anybody find out if these three players are playing in the reserve sides of their respective clubs this season?

Kwok Kyung-keun at Busan
Ha Eun-chul at Daegu
Kim Duk-jung at Daegu

My comp in NZ is way too slow and can't deal with the Daegu site flashy shit.

Cheers if you can find anything. HJ is looking too but he's sick and is researching bus routes to Bucheon stadium now that he's too good for Suwon. I could have told you HJ that you were too good for those bastards years ago. :wink:

I've adopted Bucheon as 'my team' ever since I bought one of their scarves last year. 8)

Holyjoe
K-League Classic champion

Postby Holyjoe » Tue Apr 26, 2005 6:19 pm

As far as I can tell Kwok Kyung-keun was released by Busan at the end of 2004 and hasn't been picked up by another club.

The other two players' names aren't on the Daegu squad list on either the Daegu website or the KFA website so it looks as if they didn't have their contracts renewed at the end of 2004 - still trying to find a list of the free transfers at the end of 2004, but unless these guys got picked up by K2 clubs or are playing at a lower level then I think they're free agents at the moment.

As for Bucheon, I think a trial run as a Bucheon fan is in order - I'm looking at the May K-League fixtures (four games) as a potential window for transferring my loyalties... :wink:

You've got just over two weeks to bin S*ndro, Cha :smt013

mnulsan
Kim Byung-ji's hairdresser

Postby mnulsan » Tue Apr 26, 2005 6:58 pm

Holyjoe wrote:You've got just over two weeks to bin S*ndro, Cha :smt013

HJ, Why the hate for Sandro? I admittedly know nothing about him or his stint/stints in the K-League.

If this is a hot-botton issue for you, (like Anyang is for NJS.) Please let me know, so I never push it again... :wink:
"You just gotta understand how stupid people think...They don't!"

Holyjoe

Postby Holyjoe » Tue Apr 26, 2005 7:03 pm

mnulsan wrote:
Holyjoe wrote:You've got just over two weeks to bin S*ndro, Cha :smt013

HJ, Why the hate for Sandro? I admittedly know nothing about him or his stint/stints in the K-League.

If this is a hot-botton issue for you, (like Anyang is for NJS.) Please let me know, so I never push it again... :wink:

Basically he came back to Korea (played for Suwon from 2000-2002 and scored shedloads of goals) because he was convicted of a sex attack against a Japanese woman in December - he's currently serving a three year probation period and he has a ten month suspended jail sentence for the attack.

It's only recently that he's been fit enough to start playing in the top team. Not the type of player I want to be cheering...

njs
National League champion
National League champion

Postby njs » Tue Apr 26, 2005 8:17 pm

I've got another one.

Han Sang-ju.

Played for Anyang 1999-2001 then moved to Gwangju for the military stint in 2002 and injured his ankle and missed the season, then played 40 games for them in 2003 and then went back to Anyang... whoops I mean Seould in 2004 and then they have shunted him off to a K2 team apparently though not sure of which one. Gangneung perhaps?

Elliad
Sojued-up touchline ajosshi
Sojued-up touchline ajosshi

Postby Elliad » Tue Apr 26, 2005 8:52 pm

Holyjoe wrote:Basically he came back to Korea (played for Suwon from 2000-2002 and scored shedloads of goals) because he was convicted of a sex attack against a Japanese woman in December - he's currently serving a three year probation period and he has a ten month suspended jail sentence for the attack.

It's only recently that he's been fit enough to start playing in the top team. Not the type of player I want to be cheering...

well, that woman's been known as a professional, tho' wasn't it? One of those women that intentionally get on with a guy and sue his ass away. Not that I'm trying to defend him but i thought it was a bit dodgy, that whole affair.

mnulsan

Postby mnulsan » Tue Apr 26, 2005 9:40 pm

Holyjoe wrote:Basically he came back to Korea (played for Suwon from 2000-2002 and scored shedloads of goals) because he was convicted of a sex attack against a Japanese woman in December - he's currently serving a three year probation period and he has a ten month suspended jail sentence for the attack.

HJ...Now I remember... my bad sorry.
"You just gotta understand how stupid people think...They don't!"

the_13th_redneck
Cabbage country dweller
Cabbage country dweller

Postby the_13th_redneck » Tue Apr 26, 2005 9:41 pm

Holyjoe wrote:
Basically he came back to Korea (played for Suwon from 2000-2002 and scored shedloads of goals) because he was convicted of a sex attack against a Japanese woman in December - he's currently serving a three year probation period and he has a ten month suspended jail sentence for the attack.

Our own Patrick Kluivert then :-D
Apologies for my extremely large avatar but come on, she is HOT, man.

Holyjoe

Postby Holyjoe » Wed Apr 27, 2005 9:25 am

njs wrote:I've got another one.

Han Sang-ju.

Played for Anyang 1999-2001 then moved to Gwangju for the military stint in 2002 and injured his ankle and missed the season, then played 40 games for them in 2003 and then went back to Anyang... whoops I mean Seould in 2004 and then they have shunted him off to a K2 team apparently though not sure of which one. Gangneung perhaps?

There's a Han Sang-gu playing for Gangneung this season so I think that's your man - he was at FC Seoul too.

Holyjoe

Postby Holyjoe » Wed Apr 27, 2005 9:28 am

Elliad wrote:well, that woman's been known as a professional, tho' wasn't it? One of those women that intentionally get on with a guy and sue his ass away. Not that I'm trying to defend him but i thought it was a bit dodgy, that whole affair.

Yeah I think he told Suwon that he was the victim of a girl who was only looking for money... but then he pleaded guilty to the attack in court (possibly to avoid actually going to jail, who knows).

It might not have been so bad if he'd already served his punishment (a second chance, and all that.. but still wouldn't be happy), but there are thousands of football players that the 'Asian Real Madrid' could have signed that aren't currently serving their sentence for sexual assault...

And anyway bringing him in meant that Zoran Urumov was dunted from the squad so of course I'm going to hate him :wink:

Return to “Players”