2015 AFC Champions League

AFC Champions League, Asian Cup, and everything else domestic and international.
anamerican
K2 promotion contender
K2 promotion contender

Re: 2015 AFC Champions League

Postby anamerican » Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:48 am

Yeah!! 2:0 Very pleased. The Afreeca feed was great too with the cute commentators. LOL

In previous years, teams didn't lie about attendance of AFC Champions League matches. Something is wrong or very right.

Wrong? They're starting to lie about AFC attendance. There's no way 7000 sat in the cold and rain.

Very Right? Seongnam's fan base exploded. 7000 is HUGE improvement and in the cold. Insane.

Fishy? Seongnam government employees were forced to go to the game. Most likely explanation. They had to bus in so many students to get to 9000 for that semi final in 2010.
AnAmerican
Shallow men believe in luck. Strong men believe in cause and effect. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

SteveW
K2 promotion contender
K2 promotion contender

Postby SteveW » Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:49 am

My guess was the stadium was about a third full so something like 8000. If the official attendance is 7000 then that's about right.

Did look to be a lot of 'not really football fans' there though so freebie tickets were probably the order of the day.
2014 Cass Lemon ROKfootball Prediction League Cup Competition brought to you in association with Dal Shabet Champion!!!

Groundhopping: the48club.wordpress.com

SEFC: seoulelandfc.wordpress.com

48 Club Count = 47. ONE TO GO!

anamerican
K2 promotion contender
K2 promotion contender

Postby anamerican » Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:51 am

Yet another wild attendance guess. I should be getting use to this by now. It's SO common on this forum.

Let's contemplate this some more. Tancheon holds 16,000 max. So what's 1/3 of 16,000? Your guess to this question is 8000. There should be some rule on here that no one is allowed to comment on Tancheon attendance.

I sure hope there were 7000+ there and I hope they continue to show up. 7000 is fantastic considering they couldn't get 3000 before.

SteveW wrote:My guess was the stadium was about a third full so something like 8000. If the official attendance is 7000 then that's about right.

Did look to be a lot of 'not really football fans' there though so freebie tickets were probably the order of the day.
AnAmerican
Shallow men believe in luck. Strong men believe in cause and effect. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

SteveW
K2 promotion contender
K2 promotion contender

Postby SteveW » Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:44 pm

I thought the capacity of Tancheon was more like 20,000 if its 16,000 then a third would be 5-6k. So still not far off the official 7.

My 'about a third' was arrived it by saying 'it looks half full..oh...not really... a bit less than that.. the ends are pretty empty... maybe a third.' I didn't do a headcount.

7/16 = 43% I could buy that.

There were 250-300ish Osaka fans there for a start.

I couldn't see the bit of the ground where the Seongnam fans get the sand in their vaginas...but there must be one judging by the reaction anything to do with Seongnam gets these days.
2014 Cass Lemon ROKfootball Prediction League Cup Competition brought to you in association with Dal Shabet Champion!!!

Rothesay Saint
Propping up the K2
Propping up the K2

Postby Rothesay Saint » Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:17 pm

It's an Eland - Seongnam thing. It's going to be the big rivalry of the K2 next season.

Good to see you back on the forum anamerican!
Bring back King Cha.

anamerican
K2 promotion contender
K2 promotion contender

Postby anamerican » Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:21 pm

Rothesay Saint wrote:It's an Eland - Seongnam thing. It's going to be the big rivalry of the K2 next season.

Good to see you back on the forum anamerican!

Thanks.
During the winter the forum is sort of sleepy and I didn't have anything to say. I'm very active online elsewhere.

You keep saying that to ensure Seongnam doesn't go down.
AnAmerican

Gyongmaman
Cabbage country dweller
Cabbage country dweller

Postby Gyongmaman » Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:11 am

So it was Suwon who let the side down and messed up what would have been a perfect week for the K-League in the Champions League. And a cracking header from Dejan Damjanovic, of all people, to beat them.

My goodness it was cold at Sangam tonight, which may account for the fact there were only 5,700 there. No bag searches at all although it was more Bovril than beer weather. Having a smaller attendance than Seongnam for your midweek home games is pretty embarrassing. Seoul were second best in the first half but took control in the second, Kim Jin Gyu scoring after an hour. They should have added a couple more although in the end were fortunate Kashima didn't equalise when a chap called Kaio blazed over an open goal from 6-yards with 2 minutes to go.

So after two games, all the Korean teams have a win behind them. These Japanese teams are awful. The J-League must be rubbish.

Holyjoe
K-League Classic champion

Postby Holyjoe » Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:48 am

Finally got round to watching the highlights from midweek, thought the Suwon keeper could have done better at Dejan's goal but that was some amount of power he got behind the header so perhaps nobody was stopping it. Appalling decision to book & send off Yang Sang-min as well.

Seongnam's second goal was an absolute peach. Suwon should swap Cho Dong-geon for him ;-)

Alex43
National League champion
National League champion

Postby Alex43 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:31 pm

wow, what a shit yellow for suwon... ending up being his second.

seoul{s upper deck looks proper though
well well well

FCSeoul
Aspiring K4-Leaguer
Aspiring K4-Leaguer

Postby FCSeoul » Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:48 am

Round 3:
Jeonbuk Hyundai 3-0 Binh Duong
Guangzhou R&F 0-1 Seongnam FC

SteveW
K2 promotion contender
K2 promotion contender

Postby SteveW » Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:33 am

Good results all round there. Seongnam game was pretty good despite the telly missing the goal because they started the coverage at 35 minutes in as they had women's basketball interviews to show!

Gyongmaman
Cabbage country dweller
Cabbage country dweller

Postby Gyongmaman » Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:34 pm

SteveW wrote:Good results all round there. Seongnam game was pretty good despite the telly missing the goal because they started the coverage at 35 minutes in as they had women's basketball interviews to show!

Guess we're not even going to get that from the next round onwards what with rounders being back. Unless it rains of course and they don't want to get their bats wet or it's too slippery for the cheerleaders or whatever reason it actually is for them not being able to play in the rain. Seongnam look well set to qualify now as you'd have to fancy them to get enough from two home games to get through. They probably should have added one or two more late on.

On the subject of rounders, I went to the pre-season KT/LG game in Suwon yesterday afternoon at the "KT Wiz Park". It's next door to where Suwon FC play (guess they are back from the Henhouse this year) and there were a couple of Suwon FC buses parked outside the football ground. I took a photo but then hastily deleted them upon discovery of the words "Suwon FC Youth Team" on the side. Not into that kind of stuff.

SteveW
K2 promotion contender
K2 promotion contender

Postby SteveW » Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:45 pm

So KYD has been binned for tonight. Who's going to tell weka

Holyjoe

Postby Holyjoe » Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:17 pm

Suwon focusing all their efforts on the FA Cup this year I see...

Holyjoe

Postby Holyjoe » Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:39 pm

I was going to say that Suwon finally seem to have got their collective finger out, however they've Seo Jung-jin to thank for a double that has pulled them back level after being 2-0 down early on.

Seoul not losing just yet...

Return to “Football in Asia”