Olympic qualifiers / AFC U-23 Championship

AFC Champions League, Asian Cup, and everything else domestic and international.
nzfooty
K-League Classic champion
K-League Classic champion

Re: Olympic qualifiers / AFC U-23 Championship

Postby nzfooty » Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:29 pm

MipoFanatic wrote:Qatar 1-3 South Korea

South Korea scored in the midst of the second half, but gave up an equalizer with just minutes to go. But Korea pulled ahead in what appeared to be the 89th minute, and then scored a third during the five minutes of stoppage time.

That's South Korea qualified for the 2016 Summer Olympics in men's football. :smt111

Yes, joined by Japan who also won thanks to a late goal: Japan 2–1 Iraq.
Third team to qualify will come from winner of Qatar v Iraq

eujin
K-League K-Pop stalker
K-League K-Pop stalker

Postby eujin » Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:00 am

Just looking at the qualified teams and on top of Fiji in the men's tournament, another team making their first appearance will be Zimbabwe in the women's tournament after a qualification of an away goals win, a walkover and an away goals win.

changwonmatty
Cabbage country dweller
Cabbage country dweller

Postby changwonmatty » Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:00 pm

Japan won in a super comeback after being 2-0 down early in the second half to win 3-2 over Korea.

I went to bed at halftime (1am here) with Korea 1-0 up and very doninant having also had 2 goals (rightly) ruled offside. I didnt think Japan had much of a chance so I am guessing Korea just cracked under the pressure.

Small blessing is at least this one wont be replayed on TV over and over again. You can still see Korea's olympic victory over Japan weekly on one of the sports channels used to fill in the quiet time when nothing else is on.
Kleague Classic (9) - 서울WC, 수원WC, 인천숭의, 성남탄천, 전주WC, 포항스틸야드, 울산문수, 광주WC,상주종합
Kleague Challenge (9) - 창원축구센터, 창원종합, 마산종합, 진주종합, 양산종합, 대구종합, 함안종합, 부산아시아드, 대전WC
National League (3) - 창원축구센터, 부산구덕, 울산장합

Return to “Football in Asia”