2012/13 A-League

AFC Champions League, Asian Cup, and everything else domestic and international.
User avatar
Frontierman
Kim Byung-ji's hairdresser
Kim Byung-ji's hairdresser
Posts: 173
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:32 pm

2012/13 A-League

Postby Frontierman » Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:28 pm

Sydney FC have signed Alessandro Del Piero. :shock:

That's almost reason to follow Sydney.
*******Come on Incheon*******
Adelaide United
Patty Mills is at San Antonio Spurs. Go Patty you little champ.

Roarchild
Kim Byung-ji's hairdresser
Kim Byung-ji's hairdresser
Posts: 156
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:26 pm
Location: Songtan
Contact:

Re: A-League 2011/12

Postby Roarchild » Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:32 pm

You could be getting excited about Del Piero at Sydney FC or Emile Heskey at the Jets, but they are just the minor off season stories.

The real reason to get excited....

Brisbane signed Korean Do Dong-Hyun. At the club launch (season starts soon) he came out on stage to Gangnam Style and did the dance.

Hopefully that is his goal celebration.

User avatar
Spatula City
Cabbage country dweller
Cabbage country dweller
Posts: 266
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:11 pm
Location: South of the (Ulsan) Border, West of the Sun (and fun in Haeundae)

Re: A-League 2011/12

Postby Spatula City » Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:48 pm

Roarchild wrote:You could be getting excited about Del Piero at Sydney FC or Emile Heskey at the Jets, but they are just the minor off season stories.

The real reason to get excited....

Brisbane signed Korean Do Dong-Hyun. At the club launch (season starts soon) he came out on stage to Gangnam Style and did the dance.

Hopefully that is his goal celebration.

By the time he scores his first goal I think everyone will be sick to death of the horse dance :P
I was going to post over here earlier when I saw Heskey signed with the Jets. I always liked that guy, he was never treated fairly by the English fans at all. I've never had an A-League team to follow but think I'll cast my lot with Newcastle this season and see how that goes.

User avatar
just because
Propping up the K2
Propping up the K2
Posts: 2902
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2005 1:57 pm
Location: Changwon

Re: A-League 2011/12

Postby just because » Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:13 pm

Spatula City wrote:
Roarchild wrote:You could be getting excited about Del Piero at Sydney FC or Emile Heskey at the Jets, but they are just the minor off season stories.

The real reason to get excited....

Brisbane signed Korean Do Dong-Hyun. At the club launch (season starts soon) he came out on stage to Gangnam Style and did the dance.

Hopefully that is his goal celebration.

By the time he scores his first goal I think everyone will be sick to death of the horse dance :P
I was going to post over here earlier when I saw Heskey signed with the Jets. I always liked that guy, he was never treated fairly by the English fans at all. I've never had an A-League team to follow but think I'll cast my lot with Newcastle this season and see how that goes.


Looks like the local crowd are getting behind him as well. I read they have sold all 5000 Heskey shirts and have had to buy 5000 more. 2000 extra season tickets as well....already almost paid for his transfer.

User avatar
Frontierman
Kim Byung-ji's hairdresser
Kim Byung-ji's hairdresser
Posts: 173
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:32 pm

Re: A-League 2011/12

Postby Frontierman » Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:36 am

Watched West Sydney Wanderers play their very first game. Very impressed with the football they played.

Wanderers 0 - 0 Central Coast
*******Come on Incheon*******
Adelaide United
Patty Mills is at San Antonio Spurs. Go Patty you little champ.

User avatar
just because
Propping up the K2
Propping up the K2
Posts: 2902
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2005 1:57 pm
Location: Changwon

Re: A-League 2011/12

Postby just because » Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:27 am

Frontierman wrote:Watched West Sydney Wanderers play their very first game. Very impressed with the football they played.

Wanderers 0 - 0 Central Coast

Not the most exciting of encounters for fair-weather fans by the looks....

User avatar
Spatula City
Cabbage country dweller
Cabbage country dweller
Posts: 266
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:11 pm
Location: South of the (Ulsan) Border, West of the Sun (and fun in Haeundae)

Re: A-League 2011/12

Postby Spatula City » Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:50 pm

I'd like to see the Newcastle/Adelaide game today if possible. Any streaming sites I can check for that? Also when are we gonna get a proper 2012/13 A-League thread going?

User avatar
Holyjoe
K-League Classic champion
K-League Classic champion
Posts: 11625
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 11:57 pm
Contact:

Re: A-League 2011/12

Postby Holyjoe » Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:54 pm

Spatula City wrote:I'd like to see the Newcastle/Adelaide game today if possible. Any streaming sites I can check for that? Also when are we gonna get a proper 2012/13 A-League thread going?


What do you mean? It's been here all the time :wink:

Bit late now as the games are over but FirstRow.eu is a great streaming site for football and indeed sport in general.

User avatar
Suwonesque
Aspiring K4-Leaguer
Aspiring K4-Leaguer
Posts: 826
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:31 am
Location: Seoul

Re: A-League 2012/13

Postby Suwonesque » Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:41 am

Blue is the color!

User avatar
Spatula City
Cabbage country dweller
Cabbage country dweller
Posts: 266
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:11 pm
Location: South of the (Ulsan) Border, West of the Sun (and fun in Haeundae)

Re: A-League 2011/12

Postby Spatula City » Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:26 am

Holyjoe wrote:
Spatula City wrote:I'd like to see the Newcastle/Adelaide game today if possible. Any streaming sites I can check for that? Also when are we gonna get a proper 2012/13 A-League thread going?


What do you mean? It's been here all the time :wink:

Bit late now as the games are over but FirstRow.eu is a great streaming site for football and indeed sport in general.

lol, thanks HJ!
Suwonesque wrote:https://twitter.com/HasHeskeyScored :lol:

I'm following! :lol:

User avatar
njs
National League champion
National League champion
Posts: 1721
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2005 3:27 pm

Re: A-League 2012/13

Postby njs » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:58 pm

Phoenix 2 Sydney 0

Should have been Phoenix 8 Sydney 0

Tore them apart throughout the match, but the final touches kept letting them down.

and the nix were picked to come last by the Aussie media yet again. FFS, they have a strong core that's got them in the playoffs a few years running.

I think that's their 5th straight win v Sydney bling now too.

Unfortunately the All Whites have a WC qualifier on this weekend but the Phoenix also have to play so will be minus about half their ruddy side.
Anyang Fo' Life

Roarchild
Kim Byung-ji's hairdresser
Kim Byung-ji's hairdresser
Posts: 156
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:26 pm
Location: Songtan
Contact:

Re: A-League 2012/13

Postby Roarchild » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:38 pm

If you are really hardcore you can use http://www.aleague.livesport.tv/

$5 a month and completely legit and legal.

I can't recommend it this year though because while it's great in windowed mode it's a bit choppy in full screen on the big TV. That's more than likely because of my lap top TV set up but it worked better last season.

Not a good start for Heskey and the boys but they should get better. Coach is supposedly implementing a whole new system and they have a lot of athletic young players but so far it's looking pretty direct and nothing to write home about.

Could be worse though.... Sydney FC looked awful.

Roarchild
Kim Byung-ji's hairdresser
Kim Byung-ji's hairdresser
Posts: 156
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:26 pm
Location: Songtan
Contact:

Re: A-League 2012/13

Postby Roarchild » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:43 pm

njs wrote:Unfortunately the All Whites have a WC qualifier on this weekend but the Phoenix also have to play so will be minus about half their ruddy side.


If your a Kiwi then you have to be happy with the emergence of Fenton. Fantastic debut and along with Kosta B and Rojas that is 3 good young players that started at the Phoenix (even if Kosta had to go elsewhere to finally get some game time).

Fenton is not the only player Herbert was talking up. Apparently he has big wraps on Tyler Boyd too.

User avatar
njs
National League champion
National League champion
Posts: 1721
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2005 3:27 pm

Re: A-League 2012/13

Postby njs » Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:28 pm

Roarchild wrote:
njs wrote:Unfortunately the All Whites have a WC qualifier on this weekend but the Phoenix also have to play so will be minus about half their ruddy side.


If your a Kiwi then you have to be happy with the emergence of Fenton. Fantastic debut and along with Kosta B and Rojas that is 3 good young players that started at the Phoenix (even if Kosta had to go elsewhere to finally get some game time).

Fenton is not the only player Herbert was talking up. Apparently he has big wraps on Tyler Boyd too.


Yeah, to walk straight out of their newly formed academy of excellence of whatever they're calling it (because they aren't able to have a youth A-League team) and into the starting team and score a fantastic goal like that is pretty encouraging. Rojas scored a nice goal for the Victory too. When the Phoenix are fully fit (not that many teams ever are) they have some good depth. Our best player of recent seasons (Ifill) was coming back from injury and only came off the bench.

That depth will be fully tested this weekend though. I'm picking they'll gladly take a point but might find themselves perhaps losing by a goal.

On Heskey, they couldn't get him the ball for quite a while and you could see him getting ever frustrated. He might find the service in the A-League not quite up to what he's used to but then again he shouldn't find the defending as good as what he's used to so it should balance out.

Be interesting to see how he finds playing footie in an Australian summer which would differ somewhat to the English winter temperatures :smt114
Anyang Fo' Life

User avatar
Frontierman
Kim Byung-ji's hairdresser
Kim Byung-ji's hairdresser
Posts: 173
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:32 pm

Re: A-League 2012/13

Postby Frontierman » Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:56 pm

Del Piero and Heskey both scored. Newcastle 3 - Sydney 2

Brisbane are beasts 5 - 0 over Melbourne Victory
*******Come on Incheon*******
Adelaide United
Patty Mills is at San Antonio Spurs. Go Patty you little champ.


Return to “Football in Asia”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest