2012 Yonsei v Korea Uni Grudge Match to the Death.

AFC Champions League, Asian Cup, and everything else domestic and international.
daeguowl
National League champion
National League champion

2012 Yonsei v Korea Uni Grudge Match to the Death.

Postby daeguowl » Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:41 pm

This will primarily be of interest to Piggy but just in case anyone else is interested I'm slapping a post up.

This year's ì—°ê³ ì „ will be held on 14th-15th September.

14th
10.00am Opening Ceremony Jamsil Baseball Stadium
11.00am Baseball match
3.00pm. Basketball at Jamsil Gymnasium
4.00pm Ice Hockey at Mokdong Rink

15th
11am Rugby
1pm Football
3pm Closing ceremony
All at the Olympic Stadium

Remember wear Blue for Yonsei or a t-shirt with the word loser printed on it for the other team

Piggy
Sojued-up touchline ajosshi

Re: 2012 Yonsei v Korea Uni Grudge Match to the Death.

Postby Piggy » Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:08 pm

Thanks for that Daeguowl.

I'm out of Korea at the moment but will be getting back at lunchtime on the 14th. The ice hockey at Mokdong might just fit in nicely.

I managed to see a game at Jamsil this season, Seoul Utd played their opening game there for no reason that I could fathom. My inclination at the moment is to stick with my current plan to go to Icheon for a K3 game but if there were to be a massive crowd at Jamsil then I think that might be a more interesting option.

Does anyone know if these games attract much of a crowd?

eujin
K-League Classic champion

Postby eujin » Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:24 pm

Piggy wrote:Does anyone know if these games attract much of a crowd?

On past performance I'd guess that the Olympic Stadium will be a half to a third full, which is the biggest crowd you'll see there for a while.

Piggy

Postby Piggy » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:18 pm

That's quite tempting then, especially with the rugby curtain-raiser. It doesn't do my 48 Club prospects much good though.

Rothesay Saint
Propping up the K2
Propping up the K2

Postby Rothesay Saint » Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:39 pm

Piggy wrote:That's quite tempting then, especially with the rugby curtain-raiser. It doesn't do my 48 Club prospects much good though.

How are you doing with that?
Bring back King Cha.

daeguowl
National League champion
National League champion

Postby daeguowl » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:42 pm

eujin wrote:
Piggy wrote:Does anyone know if these games attract much of a crowd?

On past performance I'd guess that the Olympic Stadium will be a half to a third full, which is the biggest crowd you'll see there for a while.

But not many of them will be watching the match. The students just do synchronised cheering with no correlation to events on the pitch. (or at least they did ten years ago)

Piggy

Postby Piggy » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:52 pm

It's coming along Rothesay, but slowly. I've spent more time than usual in Oman this year which has caused me to miss a few games that I'd carefully plotted on my spreadsheet pre-season.

I've done all the K-League and National League grounds, although I want to revisit Gangneung as I've only seen Gangwon and not Gangneung play there. A little additional rule of my own to make my life more difficult.

In the Challengers League I've still got Icheon, Yangju, Namyangju, Paju, Goyang, Gyeongju and Yeonggwang to do. I'm planning on saving Yeonggwang until last as a nod to Cyclops. So I'm officially on 41 but with 8 to do including Gangneung. I reckon I'll get three or four more before the end of the season and then no doubt I'll be starting 2013 with a revised total of about a dozen still to get, what with new teams and ground changes.

Next season is almost certainly going to be my last in Korea and it's possible that I could be moving on in the summer rather than at the end of that year. It just depends upon whether the gas plant we are building works or not and how much arguing ensues. I'd like to think I'll get around them all, but I've still got a few of the baseball reserve stadiums to get to as well. I should finish the National and Provincial Parks, plus the remaining basketball places over the winter.

What about you? You must have a fair few under your belt as well.

Rothesay Saint
Propping up the K2
Propping up the K2

Postby Rothesay Saint » Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:57 pm

Thats a tremendous effort, the parks sound great, I've got to admit I've no idea how many there are.

Been making a bit more of a focused effort to get toward the 48 over the last few months and I'm up to 38 now. Hopefully manage at least four more before the season is over, but I've been leaving all the more difficult ones to the end.

Of the ten left I'm hoping to get to Paju this weekend, aiming for Daegu and Incheon this season too (seen both at home before, but neither at their current grounds) and a visit to the Gudeok is long overdue.

That would leave Gangneung, Jeju, Sangju, Gimhae, Cheongju and Ulsan Mipo.

Looking forward to seeing who they add next season but I don't think there will be that many.
Bring back King Cha.

eujin

Postby eujin » Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:59 pm

Rothesay Saint wrote:Looking forward to seeing who they add next season but I don't think there will be that many.

If ever there was a year when they'd add a bunch, it'd be the year they start fiddling with things and introduce a whole new league; the police and the Gumi guys for starters.

Rothesay Saint
Propping up the K2
Propping up the K2

Postby Rothesay Saint » Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:39 pm

eujin wrote:
Rothesay Saint wrote:Looking forward to seeing who they add next season but I don't think there will be that many.

If ever there was a year when they'd add a bunch, it'd be the year they start fiddling with things and introduce a whole new league; the police and the Gumi guys for starters.

Not convinced, I'm sure they would add a bunch if they could, but it takes a lot of money to start up a K2 team and I just can't see many cities / chaebols doing it. Would be surprised if there are more than three or four new stadiums to add to the tour next season.
Bring back King Cha.

Piggy

Postby Piggy » Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:56 pm

I've found it quite hard to come up with a definitive list of the National and Provincial Parks, Rothesay. My spreadsheet has 17 National and 23 Provincial but it's drawn from a number of sources and may include some twice under different spellings and others where they are located out at sea or in town centres. I'm not too bothered about its accuracy though, it's just another way of seeing bits of Korea that I might not have bothered with.

Likewise, with the '48'. Whilst I'd like to finish it there often seems to be something better going on elsewhere that stops me making quicker progress. Stuff like that university game or the cup final at a stadium I've already been to. I've also just had a count up of the 'non-48' grounds that I've been to and there's 13 of those. Invariably they have been good days out too.

I thought you would be getting close to the 48 from the match reports you've posted. The nearer I get the more I realise what an impressive, albeit pointless, achievement it is. Perversely, I'd be quite happy if the introduction of the K2 division meant a few more grounds, despite it moving me further away from completing them all.

Return to “Football in Asia”