AFC Cup (Club)

AFC Champions League, Asian Cup, and everything else domestic and international.
MipoFanatic
K2 promotion contender
K2 promotion contender

Re: AFC Cup (Club)

Postby MipoFanatic » Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:33 pm

OttoSilver wrote:Wow. According to Wikipedia the winner of the league on that side is unknown O.o

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DPR_Korea ... ue_history

For 2012, you mean?

OttoSilver wrote:April 25 belongs to the army. No wonder they win most of the time. They are likely the only team that eats 7 days a week.

Oh, I'm sure the northern version of the Greeners and other Pyeongyang clubs all feed their players well.

:smt079

OttoSilver
National League champion
National League champion

Postby OttoSilver » Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:33 pm

MipoFanatic wrote:For 2012, you mean?

Yes, my bad. >.<

MipoFanatic wrote:Oh, I'm sure the northern version of the Greeners and other Pyeongyang clubs all feed their players well.

I was being silly :P
There are two routes to success in football. One is being good. The other is being lucky. You need both to win a championship. But you need only one to win a match.

Korean Stadiums: http://tinyurl.com/KoreanStadiums

MipoFanatic
K2 promotion contender
K2 promotion contender

Postby MipoFanatic » Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:44 am

I know. :smt110

MipoFanatic
K2 promotion contender
K2 promotion contender

Postby MipoFanatic » Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:06 pm

MipoFanatic wrote:Two North Korean clubs have been entered into the 2017 AFC Cup.

Kigwancha (2016 Mangyongdae Prize Sports Games runners-up) enter at the playoff stage, and will face the winner of the preliminary round match between Erchim (Mongolia) and Tatung (Taiwan) in a two-leg affair held in late February.

If Kigwancha proceed (and it's very likely they will), they'll contest Group I against fellow North Korean club April 25, Rovers (Guam), and Taiwan Power Company from March through May.

The winner of Group I will advance to the inter-zonal playoff semi-finals, which is the third-last round of the AFC Cup.

Rovers (Guam), Tatung (Taiwan), and Taiwan Power Company have all withdrawn from the 2017 AFC Cup (it's a tin-pot competition), so Kigwancha (North Korea) and Erchim (Mongolia) have advanced to the group stage.

Group I now consists of Kigwancha (North Korea), April 25 (North Korea) and Erchim (Mongolia). The first match will be held on March 14.

OttoSilver
National League champion
National League champion

Postby OttoSilver » Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:46 am

The team from Taiwan seems to be the only team with a history on Soccerway. Apparently the Korean and Thai teams came from nowhere and are yet to play any games. O.o
There are two routes to success in football. One is being good. The other is being lucky. You need both to win a championship. But you need only one to win a match.

Korean Stadiums: http://tinyurl.com/KoreanStadiums

MipoFanatic
K2 promotion contender
K2 promotion contender

Postby MipoFanatic » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:48 am

First group-stage result for the Norks: April 25 (DPRK) 6-0 Erchim (Mongolia).

Return to “Football in Asia”