Books for research

AFC Champions League, Asian Cup, and everything else domestic and international.
nzfooty
K-League Classic champion

Books for research

Postby nzfooty » Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:31 pm

I have the following titles in PDF format. If anyone is doing research (or is simply interested in the material below) please PM with an e-mail address and the required books & chapters.

Football goes east : business, culture, and the people's game in China, Japan, and South Korea / edited by Wolfram Manzenreiter and John Horne.

Author: Manzenreiter, Wolfram.
Horne, John, 1955-

Subject: Soccer -- Economic aspects -- East Asia.

Published: London ; New York : Routledge, 2004.

Contents: 1. Football, culture, globalisation : why professional football has been going east / John Horne and Wolfram Manzenreiter -- 2. Strategies for locating professional sports leagues : a comparison between France and Korea / Loic Ravenel and Christophe Durand -- 3. The making of a professional football league : the design of the J.League system / Hirose Ichiro -- 4. Football in the People's Republic of China / Robin Jones -- 5. Japanese football players and the sport talent migration business / Takahashi Yoshio and John Horne -- 6. Football 'hooligans' and football supporters' culture in China / Tan Hua -- 7. School sport, physical education and the development of football culture in Japan / Sugimoto Atsuo -- 8. Government involvement in football in Korea / Chung Hongik -- 9. Football and the South Korean imagination : South Korea and the 2002 World Cup tournaments / Yoon Sung Choi -- 10. Football, fashion and fandom : sociological reflections on the 2002 World Cup and collective memories in Korea / Whang Soon-Hee -- 11. The banality of football : 'race', nativity, and how Japanese football critics failed to digest the planetary spectacle / Ogasawara Hiroki -- 12. Football, nationalism and celebrity culture : reflections on the impact of different discourses on Japanese identity since the 2002 World Cup / Shimizu Satoshi -- 13. Her place in the 'house of football' : globalisation, cultural sexism and women's football in East Asian societies / Wolfram Manzenreiter -- 14. An international comparison of the motivations and experiences of volunteers at the 2002 World Cup / Nogawa Haruo -- 15. Globalisation and football in East Asia / Paul Close and David Askew.

Description: xv, 268 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.

ISBN: 0415318971
041531898X (pbk.)

Notes: Includes bibliographical references and index.
Bib#: 898141

Japan, Korea and the 2002 World Cup / edited by John Horne and Wolfram Manzenreiter.

Author: Horne, John.
Manzenreiter, Wolfram.

Subject: World Cup (Football championship) (2002 : Japan)
World Cup (Football championship) (2002 : Korea)
Soccer -- Japan.
Soccer -- Korea.

Published: London : Routledge, 2002.

Contents: 1. Global governance in world sport and the 2002 World Cup Korea/Japan / Wolfram Manzenreiter and John Horne -- Pt. I. Politics, football and football politics. 2. Things more important than football? Japan, Korea and the 2002 World Cup / Gavan McCormack. 3. Getting the Games: Japan, South Korea and the co-hosted World Cup / Oliver Butler. 4. International power struggles in the governance of world football: the 2002 and 2006 World Cup bidding wars / John Sugden and Alan Tomlinson -- Pt. II. Football in Korea and Japan. 5. The development of football in Korea / Lee Jong-Young. 6. The development of football in Japan / John Horne and Derek Bleakley. 7. Korean football at the crossroads: a view from inside / Leonid A. Petrov. 8. Japan in the world of football / John Horne and Derek Bleakley -- Pt. III. State, civil society and popular resistance in football. 9. Japanese soccer fans: following the local and the national team / Shimizu Satoshi. 10. Another kick-off: the 2002 World Cup and soccer voluntary groups as a new social movement / Yamashita Takayuki and Saka Natsuko. 11. The political economy of the World Cup in South Korea / Ahn Min-Seok -- Pt. IV. The 2002 World Cup as sports mega-event and sports media event. 12. Building mega-events: critical reflections on the 2002 World Cup infrastructure / Nogawa Haruo and Mamiya Toshio. 13. The World Cup and television football / John Hornl and Wolfram Manzenreiter.

Description: xvii, 216 p. ; 24 cm.

ISBN: 0415275628
0415275636 (pbk.) :

Notes: Bib#: 809266

Korean experience with the World Cup.

Author: Haeoe Hongbowŏn (Korea)

Subject: World Cup (Football championship) (2002 : Korea)
Soccer -- Korea.

Published: Seoul : Korean Information Service, c2002.

Description: 117 p. : col. ill., col. ports. ; 24 cm.

Notes: Bib#: 821302

Gerd Bibimbapper
National League champion
National League champion

Re: Books for research

Postby Gerd Bibimbapper » Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:50 pm

I think I'll hang on a bit until Mipo's book is out. :smt109

Cyclops
National League champion
National League champion

Postby Cyclops » Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:21 pm

Thanks very much for the offer, nzf. I'm bogged down with study for my MA at the moment so not enough time for it right now, but may take you up on it in the future!

Cheers.

nzfooty

Postby nzfooty » Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:01 am

Cyclops (or anyone else who might be interested): I still have those files on disc let me know if you want a copy.

willamangiro
Sojued-up touchline ajosshi
Sojued-up touchline ajosshi

Postby willamangiro » Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:25 pm

Im planning on writing a book next season, and this info would be really useful actually. If I pm you my email, could you send the pdfs over?

Many thanks in advance.

Will
http://www.kleaguefootball.com ; The unofficial English language home of Korean K-League football. Articles, News and Podcast. Follow on twitter or facebook at http://www.twitter.com/kleaguefootball or http://www.facebook.com/kleaguefootball

Return to “Football in Asia”