June 2016 Friendlies

Discussion about the Taeguk Warriors.
paquebot
National League champion
National League champion

Re: June 2016 Friendlies

Postby paquebot » Tue May 10, 2016 3:47 am

England Under-18s will add to their international experience in June when they travel to South Korea for two matches.

Neil Dewsnip has named an 18-man squad for the trip to bring the campaign to a close for the Young Lions. The nations will meet at the Icheon City Stadium, just outside of the capital Seoul, with two fixtures scheduled for Friday 3 June and Sunday 5 June.

[...]

The Squad

Goalkeepers: Alfie Whiteman (Tottenham Hotspur), Aaron Ramsdale (Sheffield United)

Defenders: Danny Collinge (Stuttgart), Ro-Shaun Williams (Manchester United), Easah Suliman (Aston Villa), Hayden Coulson (Middlesbrough), Jay DaSilva (Chelsea), Cameron Humphreys (Manchester City)

Midfielders: Adetayo Edun (Fulham), Tom Davies (Everton), Herbie Kane (Liverpool), Antony Evans (Everton), Nathan Holland (Everton)

Forwards: Marcus Edwards (Tottenham Hotspur), Rushian Hepburn Murphy (Aston Villa), Andre Green (Aston Villa), Lukas Nmecha (Manchester City), Isaac Buckley-Ricketts (Manchester City).
In Yangju, if your cabbage doesn't understand you and you have valid reason for not eating it, then it is ok to go to other vegetables for your kimchi - though strictly nothing from south of Namyangju. -- Martyrs Forever

Alex43
National League champion
National League champion

Postby Alex43 » Fri May 13, 2016 8:24 am

jeonbuk is talking with man city about a possible game here in the summer
well well well

Holyjoe
K-League Classic champion

Postby Holyjoe » Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:22 pm

1-6... that'll live a lot longer in the memory than a 0-1 or a 0-2 would ever have done so I suppose that's something. If Spain had actually tried then it could have been about 10 or 12, assisted throughout by Kim Jin-hyeon's comical goalkeeping efforts as well.

Now on to the Czechs and attempting to keep the aggregate goals conceded below 10.

Marco91
Korean football wannabe
Korean football wannabe

Postby Marco91 » Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:10 am

I will never understand why a J2 league gk has to play instead of Kwon Sun Tale or others gks

SteveW
K2 promotion contender
K2 promotion contender

Postby SteveW » Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:37 am

Kim Jin-hyeon had looked pretty good so I understand why Uli had picked him but he spent most of the Spain game rooting around for the ball like he was looking for a dropped contact lens. I think that will put a huge question mark over him now.

Did I miss something on Kim Seung-gyu and why he wasn't included in the squad?
2014 Cass Lemon ROKfootball Prediction League Cup Competition brought to you in association with Dal Shabet Champion!!!

Groundhopping: the48club.wordpress.com

SEFC: seoulelandfc.wordpress.com

48 Club Count = 47. ONE TO GO!

Holyjoe

Postby Holyjoe » Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:18 pm

Suk Hyun-jun put in a fantastic shift against the Czechs on Sunday and I was also really impressed with Yoon Bitgaram, always had high hopes for him from when he broke through as a youngster and though his career kind of went off track when that forced transfer to Seongnam went ahead he seems to have got his act together.

Quite funny seeing Stielike shite it in the final minutes of the match and do all he could to time waste to hang on to the 2-1 lead against the ten men. Not a great performance, much improved from the game against Spain though, but I think these friendlies have only really served as a wake up call to anyone who thought Stielike was actually making progress with the squad when in fact he's really not (did anyone seriously think that anyway?). Fun trip though :)

Return to “Korean national team”