2015 EAFF East Asian Cup (02/08/2015-09/08/2015)

Discussion about the Taeguk Warriors.
User avatar
FCSeoul
Aspiring K4-Leaguer
Aspiring K4-Leaguer
Posts: 762
Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:08 pm

2015 EAFF East Asian Cup (02/08/2015-09/08/2015)

Postby FCSeoul » Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:23 pm

Schedule:

02/08/2015 against China
05/08/2015 against Japan
09/08/2015 against North Korea

Squad:

*Kim Jin-hyeon is replaced by Busan IPark goalkeeper, Lee Bum-young

Image

User avatar
Holyjoe
K-League Classic champion
K-League Classic champion
Posts: 11531
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 11:57 pm
Contact:

Re: 2015 EAFF East Asian Cup (02/08/2015-09/08/2015)

Postby Holyjoe » Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:35 am

Uli Stielike has invited Seoul E-Land up to the Paju stadium on July 29th for a friendly match with the national team ahead of this tournament. Not a proper match in that it'll be three 30 minute sections but could be interesting to see how that one goes. Would be funny if Joo Min-kyu scores a hatful :-)

User avatar
SteveW
K2 promotion contender
K2 promotion contender
Posts: 3579
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2005 12:52 am
Location: Eunpyeong-gu, Seoul

Re: 2015 EAFF East Asian Cup (02/08/2015-09/08/2015)

Postby SteveW » Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:21 pm

Holyjoe wrote:Uli Stielike has invited Seoul E-Land up to the Paju stadium on July 29th for a friendly match with the national team ahead of this tournament. Not a proper match in that it'll be three 30 minute sections but could be interesting to see how that one goes. Would be funny if Joo Min-kyu scores a hatful :-)


Should have gone to that really as I had nothing else to do today. Didn't though.
2014 Cass Lemon ROKfootball Prediction League Cup Competition brought to you in association with Dal Shabet Champion!!!

Groundhopping: the48club.wordpress.com

SEFC: seoulelandfc.wordpress.com

48 Club Count = 47. ONE TO GO!

User avatar
SteveW
K2 promotion contender
K2 promotion contender
Posts: 3579
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2005 12:52 am
Location: Eunpyeong-gu, Seoul

Re: 2015 EAFF East Asian Cup (02/08/2015-09/08/2015)

Postby SteveW » Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:25 am

So Min-kyu scored a perfectly good goal and they had to disallow it so Uli didn't cry and take his ball home.

NT won 1-0. Which hardly bodes well for the EAFF. The NT are worse than Gangwon.
2014 Cass Lemon ROKfootball Prediction League Cup Competition brought to you in association with Dal Shabet Champion!!!

Groundhopping: the48club.wordpress.com

SEFC: seoulelandfc.wordpress.com

48 Club Count = 47. ONE TO GO!

User avatar
Alex43
National League champion
National League champion
Posts: 1895
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:17 am

Re: 2015 EAFF East Asian Cup (02/08/2015-09/08/2015)

Postby Alex43 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:14 am

Who on the team is already exempted from military service?
well well well

User avatar
daeguowl
National League champion
National League champion
Posts: 1691
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:28 pm
Location: Seoul
Contact:

Re: 2015 EAFF East Asian Cup (02/08/2015-09/08/2015)

Postby daeguowl » Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:04 pm

SteveW wrote:
Holyjoe wrote:Uli Stielike has invited Seoul E-Land up to the Paju stadium on July 29th for a friendly match with the national team ahead of this tournament. Not a proper match in that it'll be three 30 minute sections but could be interesting to see how that one goes. Would be funny if Joo Min-kyu scores a hatful :-)


Should have gone to that really as I had nothing else to do today. Didn't though.


Stilk spending every day with a dram in one hand and your todger in the other?

User avatar
andyc24_uk
Kim Byung-ji's hairdresser
Kim Byung-ji's hairdresser
Posts: 182
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:17 am
Location: Seongnam

Re: 2015 EAFF East Asian Cup (02/08/2015-09/08/2015)

Postby andyc24_uk » Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:44 pm

Kwon Sun-tae left out again. Come on, is someone seriously trying to claim Lee Bum-young (who concedes almost 2 a game on average) is better than the 'keeper of the reigning champions?! I've been saying this for ages but there's got to be some sort of issue going on there...

Also, only 2 strikers. For a team that's notorious for not scoring, doesn't exactly inspire confidence... just hope nobody gets injured!
This season I will be mostly supporting :
KLClassic - Jeonbuk Hyundai Motors / KLChallenge & National League - Anyone & Everyone / K3 League - Jeonju Citizen

User avatar
Alex43
National League champion
National League champion
Posts: 1895
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:17 am

Re: 2015 EAFF East Asian Cup (02/08/2015-09/08/2015)

Postby Alex43 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:52 am

Maybe he thinks suntae is too old and he wants to get a younger guy to build experience...

Or mayne its cause suntae planned his marriage during the asian cup lol ill go back and read his post but he had his page blowing up with weddig photos (u know, since they take the photos before the wedding)

And thats the exact reason for 2 strikers, who else can u bring?
well well well

User avatar
andyc24_uk
Kim Byung-ji's hairdresser
Kim Byung-ji's hairdresser
Posts: 182
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:17 am
Location: Seongnam

Re: 2015 EAFF East Asian Cup (02/08/2015-09/08/2015)

Postby andyc24_uk » Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:59 pm

Alex43 wrote:Maybe he thinks suntae is too old and he wants to get a younger guy to build experience...

Or mayne its cause suntae planned his marriage during the asian cup lol ill go back and read his post but he had his page blowing up with weddig photos (u know, since they take the photos before the wedding)



Ahh, makes sense. I didn't realise he was getting married. Good for him, always genuinely seems like one of the nicest guys on the team.

I can see the point about giving younger players experience if they'd drafted in some up-and-coming 'keeper from the U21s or something; but Lee Bum-young is 26, not really a 'youngster'... I'd take a quality 30-yr-old over a guy who's 4 years younger and crap any day!

Alex43 wrote:And thats the exact reason for 2 strikers, who else can u bring?


Yeah, fair point... I'd like to have seen Hwang Eui-Jo from Seongnam given a shot, he's looked good the couple of times I've seen him this year.
This season I will be mostly supporting :
KLClassic - Jeonbuk Hyundai Motors / KLChallenge & National League - Anyone & Everyone / K3 League - Jeonju Citizen

User avatar
Alex43
National League champion
National League champion
Posts: 1895
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:17 am

Re: 2015 EAFF East Asian Cup (02/08/2015-09/08/2015)

Postby Alex43 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:23 pm

Image

not sure....
well well well

User avatar
SteveW
K2 promotion contender
K2 promotion contender
Posts: 3579
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2005 12:52 am
Location: Eunpyeong-gu, Seoul

Re: 2015 EAFF East Asian Cup (02/08/2015-09/08/2015)

Postby SteveW » Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:43 pm

andyc24_uk wrote:
Alex43 wrote:Maybe he thinks suntae is too old and he wants to get a younger guy to build experience...

Or mayne its cause suntae planned his marriage during the asian cup lol ill go back and read his post but he had his page blowing up with weddig photos (u know, since they take the photos before the wedding)



Ahh, makes sense. I didn't realise he was getting married. Good for him, always genuinely seems like one of the nicest guys on the team.

I can see the point about giving younger players experience if they'd drafted in some up-and-coming 'keeper from the U21s or something; but Lee Bum-young is 26, not really a 'youngster'... I'd take a quality 30-yr-old over a guy who's 4 years younger and crap any day!

Alex43 wrote:And thats the exact reason for 2 strikers, who else can u bring?


Yeah, fair point... I'd like to have seen Hwang Eui-Jo from Seongnam given a shot, he's looked good the couple of times I've seen him this year.


LBY only came in as a replacement keeper when Jin-hyeon dropped out. Seung-gyu is the #1 so I presume they wanted a younger guy. Otherwise they could have called up Jung.
2014 Cass Lemon ROKfootball Prediction League Cup Competition brought to you in association with Dal Shabet Champion!!!

Groundhopping: the48club.wordpress.com

SEFC: seoulelandfc.wordpress.com

48 Club Count = 47. ONE TO GO!

User avatar
FCSeoul
Aspiring K4-Leaguer
Aspiring K4-Leaguer
Posts: 762
Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:08 pm

Re: 2015 EAFF East Asian Cup (02/08/2015-09/08/2015)

Postby FCSeoul » Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:59 am

Won the first match against China 2-0. Goals scored by Kim Seung-dae and Lee Jong-ho.

User avatar
daeguowl
National League champion
National League champion
Posts: 1691
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:28 pm
Location: Seoul
Contact:

Re: 2015 EAFF East Asian Cup (02/08/2015-09/08/2015)

Postby daeguowl » Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:18 am

Alex43 wrote:Image

not sure....


I think it says something like Chinese North Korean friendship passes from generation to generation.

User avatar
SteveW
K2 promotion contender
K2 promotion contender
Posts: 3579
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2005 12:52 am
Location: Eunpyeong-gu, Seoul

Re: 2015 EAFF East Asian Cup (02/08/2015-09/08/2015)

Postby SteveW » Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:21 pm

1-1 at halftime. Soft pen for Korea and cracking strike from Japan. Pish game though.
2014 Cass Lemon ROKfootball Prediction League Cup Competition brought to you in association with Dal Shabet Champion!!!

Groundhopping: the48club.wordpress.com

SEFC: seoulelandfc.wordpress.com

48 Club Count = 47. ONE TO GO!

User avatar
eujin
K-League K-Pop stalker
K-League K-Pop stalker
Posts: 4951
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:04 pm
Location: Hanover, Germany

Re: 2015 EAFF East Asian Cup (02/08/2015-09/08/2015)

Postby eujin » Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:39 pm

Why do I get the impression that Japan isn't taking this tournament very seriously?

Two reasonably big games for ROK against the North then in both the men's and the women's tournaments, with a win in either enough to take either tournament.


Return to “Korean national team”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest