Page 1 of 2

South Korea vs UAE (11/06/15) & Myanmar (16/06/15)

Posted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:16 pm
by FCSeoul
Squad for the upcoming matches.

GK: Kim Jin-hyun (Cerezo Osaka), Jung Sung-ryong (Suwon Bluewings), Kim Seung-gyu (Ulsan Hyundai)

DF: Kim Chang-soo (Kashiwa Reysol), Kwak Tae-hwi (Al-Hilal), Kim Jin-su (TSG Hoffenheim), Hong Jong-ho (FC Augsburg), Kim Kee-hee (Jeonbuk Hyundai), Lee Ju-yong (Jeonbuk Hyundai), Jung Dong-ho (Ulsan Hyundai), Lim Chae-min (Seongnam FC)

MF: Yeom Ki-hun (Suwon Bluewings), Lee Chung-yong (Crystal Palace), Son Heung-min (Bayer Leverkusen), Han Kook-young (Qatar SC), Nam Tae-hee (Lekhwiya SC), Choi Bo-kyung (Jeonbuk Hyundai), Lee Jae-sung (Jeonbuk Hyundai), Jang Hyun-soo (Guangzhou R&F), Jung Woo-young (Vissel Kobe), Kang Soo-il (Jeju United)

FW: Lee Yong-jae (V-Varen Nagasaki), Lee Jung-hyeop (Sangju Sangmu)

Backup List:

Kwon Sun-tae (Jeonbuk Hyundai)
Im Chang-woo (Ulsan Hyundai)
Cho Su-chul (Incheon United)
Joo Se-jong (Busan IPark)
Kim Shin-wook (Ulsan Hyundai)
Hwang Eui-jo (Seongnam FC)

Re: South Korea vs UAE (11/06/15) & Myanmar (16/05/15)

Posted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:42 pm
by SteveW
Not overly impressed with that squad. An odd mix of the same old faces and Jeonbuk players.

Re: South Korea vs UAE (11/06/15) & Myanmar (16/05/15)

Posted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:27 pm
by FCSeoul
SteveW wrote:Not overly impressed with that squad. An odd mix of the same old faces and Jeonbuk players.


Yeah, imo, there are way too many Jeonbuk and Ulsan players. Thought Koh Myung-jin would have been a nice replacement for Ki Sung-yong.

Re: South Korea vs UAE (11/06/15) & Myanmar (16/06/15)

Posted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:54 pm
by Alex43
who is the forward jae-yong? never heard of him

two things to throw out there, this will be Kang So-Il's first call up. He is the Jeju (pohang last year) player that has the father from the us army, and in an article i was reading about him, it said something like he has been giving he has been giving every paycheck he earned from soccer to his mom.. isnt this a korean thing though?

on to another article i read about kwon sun-tae, the writer was saying he is probably the best goal keeper that will never be called up to the national team. he is still on the reserved list, but getting closer to it. he has been shadowing Choi Eun Seung for the past two years after returning from the army

Re: South Korea vs UAE (11/06/15) & Myanmar (16/06/15)

Posted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:15 am
by SteveW
Jae-yong is the guy who was at Nantes and Red Star and is now playing J2. So the two strikers are a K2 guy with 3 or 4 goals and a J2 guy with 3 or 4 goals.

Meanwhile Ui-jo and Min-kyu will be watching on telly. Stielike is becoming a joke.

Re: South Korea vs UAE (11/06/15) & Myanmar (16/06/15)

Posted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:06 pm
by andyc24_uk
I really don't get why Kwon Sun-tae is constantly overlooked for the national team. He's got two K-league titles and an AFC winners' medal to his name, has been playing regularly for a consistently successful club for years, performs well in games, rarely makes any massive mistakes, even kept the trainwreck of a team that is Sangju's goal difference vaguely respectable for a season... By any sane person's standards he's one of the three best goalkeepers in Korea; yet he's ignored repeatedly in favour of players with worse goalkeeping records. Everything I've heard about him suggests he's a pleasant, level-headed guy, so I can't imagine he's pissed someone off and got himself blacklisted... and yet he's been ignored by a succession of NT managers!

Re: South Korea vs UAE (11/06/15) & Myanmar (16/06/15)

Posted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:23 pm
by Alex43
andyc24_uk wrote:I really don't get why Kwon Sun-tae is constantly overlooked for the national team. He's got two K-league titles and an AFC winners' medal to his name, has been playing regularly for a consistently successful club for years, performs well in games, rarely makes any massive mistakes, even kept the trainwreck of a team that is Sangju's goal difference vaguely respectable for a season... By any sane person's standards he's one of the three best goalkeepers in Korea; yet he's ignored repeatedly in favour of players with worse goalkeeping records. Everything I've heard about him suggests he's a pleasant, level-headed guy, so I can't imagine he's pissed someone off and got himself blacklisted... and yet he's been ignored by a succession of NT managers!



This is what I see:

Jung Sung-ryong - Experience and leader of the three instead of having just 3 young boys together
Kim Jin-hyun - the actual number one
Kim Seung-gyu - the future

Kwon suntae could only play 'the actual number one' as I dont think he would be seen as the future, nor does he have the experience to lead a group of others. It could also be that people are already complaining about too many jeonbuk players so they wanted to add a suwon player in there, who knows. but I just saw the first seasonal highlights from suntae and he is doing great work in the net.

Re: South Korea vs UAE (11/06/15) & Myanmar (16/06/15)

Posted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:08 pm
by Holyjoe
Alex43 wrote:two things to throw out there, this will be Kang So-Il's first call up. He is the Jeju (pohang last year) player that has the father from the us army, and in an article i was reading about him, it said something like he has been giving he has been giving every paycheck he earned from soccer to his mom.. isnt this a korean thing though?


That's probably his national team career over before it's even begun:

Nat'l football forward tests positive for steroid
June 11 2015

South Korean national football forward Kang Soo-il has tested positive for a steroid, the sport's officials announced Thursday.

The K League, the governing body of South Korean professional football, said Kang, who plays for Jeju United in the top-flight K League Classic, tested positive for an anabolic steroid called methyltestosterone. The Korea Anti-Doping Agency (KADA) conducted the test.

Kang had been selected to the national team, which is playing the United Arab Emirates (UAE) in a friendly match here in Malaysia on Thursday and will take on Myanmar in a World Cup qualifier next week.

Under FIFA regulations, players who fail doping tests are banned from representing their nations. The Korea Football Association (KFA) said Kang will return to South Korea later Thursday.

Kang told the league that he put on mustache-growing cream.

The K League said Kang's A sample tested positive, and he may submit his B sample for further tests. Should Kang's B sample also test positive, he will be subject to a doping hearing.

The K League hands down a 15-game ban for first-time offenders and a one-year suspension is in order for those who fail doping tests for the second time.

Third-time offenders are banned for life.

Re: South Korea vs UAE (11/06/15) & Myanmar (16/06/15)

Posted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:35 pm
by Holyjoe
On the pitch a 3-0 win for Korea, goals from Yeom Ki-hun, Lee Yong-jae and Lee Jung-hyeop.

Re: South Korea vs UAE (11/06/15) & Myanmar (16/06/15)

Posted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:31 am
by Alex43
Holyjoe wrote:On the pitch a 3-0 win for Korea, goals from Yeom Ki-hun, Lee Yong-jae and Lee Jung-hyeop.

where is lee yong jae playing?

Re: South Korea vs UAE (11/06/15) & Myanmar (16/06/15)

Posted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:12 am
by changwonmatty
Alex43 wrote:
Holyjoe wrote:On the pitch a 3-0 win for Korea, goals from Yeom Ki-hun, Lee Yong-jae and Lee Jung-hyeop.

where is lee yong jae playing?

Nagasaki.....went there once and went to the museum there, it was very sombre...much more so than the one in Hiroshima.

Re: South Korea vs UAE (11/06/15) & Myanmar (16/06/15)

Posted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:52 am
by SteveW
Kang Soo-il has accepted a 15-game ban for his drugs offence...

Re: South Korea vs UAE (11/06/15) & Myanmar (16/06/15)

Posted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:14 am
by Alex43
SteveW wrote:Kang Soo-il has accepted a 15-game ban for his drugs offence...

only yun bit ga ram has more caps this season that soo-ill, so jeju is going to have to have someone else step up for 15 games as soo-il is their leading goal scorer. 15 games will mean he wont play another match until the split, and be eligible to return for the last 5 to avoid relegation.

well, unless that means fa cup games as well.

Re: South Korea vs UAE (11/06/15) & Myanmar (16/06/15)

Posted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:52 am
by Holyjoe
When he does make his return to football after the ban, if the opposition fans don't turn up to the game wearing big comedy moustaches like this then I'll be extremely disappointed

Re: South Korea vs UAE (11/06/15) & Myanmar (16/06/15)

Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:33 am
by FCSeoul
FT:
Myanmar 0-2 South Korea

Goals: Lee Jae-sung & Son Heung-min