March 2015 friendlies

Discussion about the Taeguk Warriors.
eujin
K-League Classic champion

Re: March 2015 friendlies

Postby eujin » Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:43 am

So are Wellington Phoenix the only club in the world to field a team in two different countries' top division? Trivia question right there....

And how does the under-X New Zealand Wanderers SC team work? Are the players contracted to that "club" at the beginning of the season or are they just picking the best players whenever they see fit, like most countries' U-21 teams? Do the players get to go back to their mother clubs when they want to or when they become too old? Do they need to "transfer" players' registrations when they want to call someone up? Is it just for this season that they're doing that?

changwonmatty
Cabbage country dweller
Cabbage country dweller

Postby changwonmatty » Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:33 pm

eujin wrote:And how does the under-X New Zealand Wanderers SC team work? Are the players contracted to that "club" at the beginning of the season or are they just picking the best players whenever they see fit, like most countries' U-21 teams? Do the players get to go back to their mother clubs when they want to or when they become too old? Do they need to "transfer" players' registrations when they want to call someone up? Is it just for this season that they're doing that?

My understanding is they were brought together before the start of last season (late 2013) as the likely core of the team to play in the junior world cup this year....after this season the team is over and they will go back to their clubs.
Kleague Classic (9) - 서울WC, 수원WC, 인천숭의, 성남탄천, 전주WC, 포항스틸야드, 울산문수, 광주WC,상주종합
Kleague Challenge (9) - 창원축구센터, 창원종합, 마산종합, 진주종합, 양산종합, 대구종합, 함안종합, 부산아시아드, 대전WC
National League (3) - 창원축구센터, 부산구덕, 울산장합

nzfooty

Postby nzfooty » Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:08 am

This is my understanding as well.

changwonmatty, why change the name? You were well respected member of this community with your old moniker.

And, huh, did anyone watch the match last night?

changwonmatty
Cabbage country dweller
Cabbage country dweller

Postby changwonmatty » Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:14 am

nzfooty wrote:
changwonmatty, why change the name? You were well respected member of this community with your old moniker.

Hopefully I still retain some respect :D
I never really liked that moniker but I got stuck with it a bit. Didnt say anything about the team I support or anything so decided it was time for a change.
Kleague Challenge (9) - 창원축구센터, 창원종합, 마산종합, 진주종합, 양산종합, 대구종합, 함안종합, 부산아시아드, 대전WC

mfk
Korean football wannabe
Korean football wannabe

Postby mfk » Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:15 pm

is the game already a sell out? or can i buy it at the stadium today?
나위 사라ㅏㅏㅇㅇ 나의 수어ㅓㅓㄴㄴ ~~~~~

changwonmatty
Cabbage country dweller
Cabbage country dweller

Postby changwonmatty » Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:33 pm

Just had a quick look at the kiwi squad and its very weak...only 4 players with more than 10 caps and only three players have ever scored....

Soutb Korea should get up by a couple of goals....if they dont win it would be a massive upset

mfk
Korean football wannabe
Korean football wannabe

Postby mfk » Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:16 pm

is this unique to korea? ticket touts selling tickets at half prices?
나위 사라ㅏㅏㅇㅇ 나의 수어ㅓㅓㄴㄴ ~~~~~

changwonmatty
Cabbage country dweller
Cabbage country dweller

Postby changwonmatty » Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:27 am

mfk wrote:is this unique to korea? ticket touts selling tickets at half prices?

People get given free tickets so go to the game and try to get a bit of money from them.
Its quite common and I even got a World Cup ticket at half price because of this....

changwonmatty
Cabbage country dweller
Cabbage country dweller

Postby changwonmatty » Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:28 am

I didnt see the game but after reading an article and looking at the stats it seems like a typical Korean performance, dominate the midfield but useless up front.

andyc24_uk
Kim Byung-ji's hairdresser
Kim Byung-ji's hairdresser

Postby andyc24_uk » Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:16 pm

eujin wrote:So are Wellington Phoenix the only club in the world to field a team in two different countries' top division? Trivia question right there....

Chivas were running their team in the Mexican league and also Chivas USA in the MLS until they gave up last season for being rubbish... Not sure if they were different teams from the same club as Auckland seem to be or separate entities though.

Japanese club Albirex Niigata also have satellite teams in the Singapore and Cambodian premier divisions...again not sure quite how closely linked they are or if it's more like Man City's links with New York and Melbourne.
This season I will be mostly supporting :
KLClassic - Jeonbuk Hyundai Motors / KLChallenge & National League - Anyone & Everyone / K3 League - Jeonju Citizen

nzfooty

Postby nzfooty » Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:41 pm

How the match was reported in New Zealand:

[Goalnet 2] NZ Football: Late winner hurts All Whites
Actions

'ralph' ralph@inspire.net.nz [goalnet]
1/04/2015
[Keep this message at the top of your inbox]
Groups
To: goalnet@yahoogroups.com
goalnet@yahoogroups.com

An energetic All Whites side were hit by a late winner in Seoul on Wednesday as Korea Republic claimed a 1-0 win at a sodden World
Cup Stadium.

A turnover on the edge of their own area proved costly in the 86th minute as the Asian Cup runners-up pounced, All Whites debutant
goalkeeper Stefan Marinovic saving the first attempt superbly but he could do nothing about the follow up from Cho Young-Chul.

It was a harsh return for Anthony Hudson's side who worked tirelessly over the course of the 90 minutes in pressing and harassing
their opponents all over the pitch, creating several scoring chances themselves on the back of that high work rate.

Captain Chris Wood had the ball in the Korean net as the first half drew to a close only to be pulled back for a foul in the lead up
while Bill Tuiloma flashed a header wide of the Korean goal from a corner midway through the opening 45 minutes. Earlier, Wood had
the best chance of the opening period of the game - finding space in the Korean area from a corner to fire a shot on the swivel at
the host's goalkeeper after eight minutes.

The All Whites would have faced a 1-0 deficit at the break but for a penalty save from Marinovic in the 38th minute. Having conceded
the spot kick after racing out to thwart a counter attack and collecting only a Korean attacker, Marinovic then did superbly to turn
aside the penalty to preserve the 0-0 scoreline. Hudson's side couldn't find the same regular attacking threat in the second period
that they carried in the first as substitutes from both sides and the driving rain played a role in disrupting the rhythm of the
contest.

Wednesday's match saw four players make their All Whites debuts in the run on side as Clayton Lewis, Ryan De Vries, Themi
Tzimopoulos and Marinovic all recorded their first cap for their country while Ben van den Broek made his first appearance from the
bench in the second half.

Joel Stevens was stretchered off with a shoulder injury minutes after entering the game early in the second half, replaced by
Wellington Phoenix club mate Louis Fenton.

Hudson said despite the final score-line, the effort of the side raised the bar from the games played at the tail end of 2014. "I'm
disappointed with the result but I just thought the performance was quite outstanding," Hudson said. "To go toe-to-toe with such an
experienced and top class team with a really young squad, we've gained a lot from tonight and taken another big step towards what
we're trying to achieve. I thought we showed an incredible team ethic. Every single player that came on the pitch fought and gave
everything. We're trying to build a real team ethos here and everything we're asking for from the players we saw tonight."

Hudson paid tribute to the contingent of young players who made their international debuts against the 56th-ranked Korea Republic
side who could play important roles in the national set-up moving forwards. "I don't think you could have had a more difficult debut
if you're one of the younger players coming in. You're playing in a relatively young squad, against one of the top teams in Asia.
We've certainly gained some more players in the squad. I thought Clayton Lewis was exceptional. To play in this stadium against such
a big team having really been playing amateur football I thought it was quite incredible. I think we found another player there who
is going to be a really important player in the future. It's exciting to think what the future can be like in the next couple of
years."

Korea Republic 1-0 New Zealand (half: 0-0)
KOR: Lee Jae-sung 86'
NZL:

New Zealand: 25. Stefan Marinovic (GK), 3. Deklan Wynne, 4. Themi Tzimopoulos, 5. Michael Boxall, 6. Bill Tuiloma (13. Ben van den
Broek 80'), 8. Michael McGlinchey, 9. Chris Wood (capt), 11. Marco Rojas (26. Moses Dyer 79'), 15. Storm Roux, 18. Clayton Lewis
(10. Joel Stevens 52'- 16. Louis Fenton 58'), 20. Ryan De Vries (12. Tyler Boyd 46')
Substitutes not used: 17. Sam Brotherton, 19. Thomas Doyle, 21. Max Crocombe (GK), 22. Sam Burfoot, 23. Cameron Howieson
Coach: Anthony Hudson

SteveW
K2 promotion contender
K2 promotion contender

Postby SteveW » Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:06 am

I see NZ journos are no better than SK or UK ones... reporting a different scorer in the text and in the scoreline!

How it was reported in the stands of Sangam by drunken foreigners: Fucking shite.
2014 Cass Lemon ROKfootball Prediction League Cup Competition brought to you in association with Dal Shabet Champion!!!

Groundhopping: the48club.wordpress.com

SEFC: seoulelandfc.wordpress.com

48 Club Count = 47. ONE TO GO!

daeguowl
National League champion
National League champion

Postby daeguowl » Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:41 am

SteveW wrote:I see NZ journos are no better than SK or UK ones... reporting a different scorer in the text and in the scoreline!

How it was reported in the stands of Sangam by drunken foreigners: Fucking shite.

It was so bad that it made me and SteveW go on all-night bender in the fleshpots of Itaewon in an effort to erase our memories...unfortunately the resulting hangover just made the memories worse

Return to “Korean national team”