Paraguay and Costa Rica friendlies (October 2014)

Discussion about the Taeguk Warriors.
Holyjoe
K-League Classic champion

Paraguay and Costa Rica friendlies (October 2014)

Postby Holyjoe » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:29 pm

Uli Stielike's debut as boss will be on October 10th against Paraguay. That game is to be played at the Cheonan football stadium. His second in charge, assuming he hasn't been sacked by then, will be at Sangam on October 15th when Korea take on Costa Rica.

SteveW
K2 promotion contender
K2 promotion contender

Re: Paraguay and Costa Rica friendlies (October 2014)

Postby SteveW » Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:22 pm

Forgot this was on.... Korea doing pretty well so far. 2-0 up.
2014 Cass Lemon ROKfootball Prediction League Cup Competition brought to you in association with Dal Shabet Champion!!!

Groundhopping: the48club.wordpress.com

SEFC: seoulelandfc.wordpress.com

48 Club Count = 47. ONE TO GO!

Alex43
National League champion
National League champion

Postby Alex43 » Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:00 am

turned it on for the 2nd half, korea missed quite a few from "that's a goal" distance i thought. dont know anything about this coach at all, but i'm glad he acme back into the country for the game..

why was kim seunggyu out?
well well well

FCSeoul
Aspiring K4-Leaguer
Aspiring K4-Leaguer

Postby FCSeoul » Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:44 am

Was a decent match. Finishing could have been better though. The Jeonbuk duo, Han Kyo-won and Lee Dong-gook, both missed sitters which could have made the scoreline 4-0 (5-0 if the disallowed goal, which wasn't a offside btw, was counted.)

Alex43 wrote:turned it on for the 2nd half, korea missed quite a few from "that's a goal" distance i thought. dont know anything about this coach at all, but i'm glad he acme back into the country for the game..

Was probably rested for the Costa Rica game.

SaintsCanada
National League champion
National League champion

Postby SaintsCanada » Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:29 am

FCSeoul wrote:Was a decent match. Finishing could have been better though. The Jeonbuk duo, Han Kyo-won and Lee Dong-gook, both missed sitters which could have made the scoreline 4-0 (5-0 if the disallowed goal, which wasn't a offside btw, was counted.)

Alex43 wrote:turned it on for the 2nd half, korea missed quite a few from "that's a goal" distance i thought. dont know anything about this coach at all, but i'm glad he acme back into the country for the game..

At some point, I imagine the club that pays his wage probably want him to play a match for them, rather than paying him to be on full-time national teams duty?
오오오오오, 나의 사랑 인천 에프시!

Alex43
National League champion
National League champion

Postby Alex43 » Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:11 pm

SaintsCanada wrote:
FCSeoul wrote:Was a decent match. Finishing could have been better though. The Jeonbuk duo, Han Kyo-won and Lee Dong-gook, both missed sitters which could have made the scoreline 4-0 (5-0 if the disallowed goal, which wasn't a offside btw, was counted.)

At some point, I imagine the club that pays his wage probably want him to play a match for them, rather than paying him to be on full-time national teams duty?

you dont want the hottest girlfriend, cause then everyone will be going after her, a 7 of 10 would do... thats ulsans problem huh? they need him in net back home but how lolng has it been since he has been there? before summer?
well well well

eujin

Postby eujin » Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:38 am

Uli Stielike's unbeaten run as Korea coach comes to an end. On the plus side, he's still unbeaten away from home, which is all that matters come the Asian Cup in Australia.

SEOUL, South Korea (AP) — Two goals from Celso Borges gave Costa Rica a 3-1 win over South Korea on Tuesday in a friendly.

Borges scored either side of halftime at Seoul World Cup Stadium as Uli Stielike was beaten for the first time as South Korea coach in his second game in charge.

http://news.yahoo.com/borges-brace-gives-costa-rica-win-over-south-130232171.html

daeguowl
National League champion
National League champion

Postby daeguowl » Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:16 am

Korea still played pretty well and they ja enough chances to score three themselves but Lee Dongguk was spectacularly shite and while Son Heungmin is clearly a talented player, he's not been a good fit for the team in these two games. Cosa Rica were very entertaining.

Return to “Korean national team”