AFC Women Asian Cup in Vietnam

Discussion about the Taeguk Warriors.
OttoSilver
National League champion
National League champion

AFC Women Asian Cup in Vietnam

Postby OttoSilver » Fri May 23, 2014 1:50 am

Tonight saw the semifinals end with a score showing Korea 1 - 2 Australia.

Korea has been reduced to the 3rd place playoff against China while Australia will face Japan for the title.

The big North East Asian teams dominated this tournament. In the group stage Korea, China and Japan, between them, managed to score 39 goals and concede 2. The biggest victories were from Korea beating Burma 12 - 0, Japan beating Jordan 7 - 0 and China beating Thailand 7 - 0 All results here

* Interestingly the Wikipedia page seems to be edited mostly by a Chinese citizen and possibly a German who has been to a view places in the world. There is a third that might be someone who world for the AFC. About as weird as a South African sometimes editing pages in his second language for amateur teams in Korea.
There are two routes to success in football. One is being good. The other is being lucky. You need both to win a championship. But you need only one to win a match.

Korean Stadiums: http://tinyurl.com/KoreanStadiums

weka
Aspiring K4-Leaguer
Aspiring K4-Leaguer

Re: AFC Women Asian Cup in Vietnam

Postby weka » Fri May 23, 2014 3:55 am

Is there any where to watch the full matches of any of these games? I missed some and would like to recap besides the goals... kinda sad I missed the China v Japan game but hopefully I won't miss the WC one (if there is one).

Will watch final though.

OttoSilver
National League champion
National League champion

Postby OttoSilver » Fri May 23, 2014 8:42 am

Don't think there will be easy to find replays. I was kind of surprised I was able to watch the game live last night.
There are two routes to success in football. One is being good. The other is being lucky. You need both to win a championship. But you need only one to win a match.

OttoSilver
National League champion
National League champion

Postby OttoSilver » Mon May 26, 2014 2:17 am

The ladies dropped it against China and only managed a 4th place. Normally that would not be bad, but that is is like saying you are the third best rugby nation in the Southern Hemisphere. The cream does float thick. Although, this is the first time they managed to make it out of the group stages, so I guess we should say "Well done!"

Japan ended up the winner in a 1 - 0 game for their first title.

At least Korean can say they have the tournament's top scorer in Park Eun-Sun.

Return to “Korean national team”