Cyprus Womens Cup

Discussion about the Taeguk Warriors.
OttoSilver
National League champion
National League champion

Cyprus Womens Cup

Postby OttoSilver » Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:45 pm

As far as I understand it this is one of the most prestigious tournaments available to female footballers. So far Korea did OK.

1-1 Against the Republic of Ireland and Switserland and a 4-0 thrashing of New Zealand yesterday. This put them first in their group but somewhere like 4th overall. I'm a little unclear about how the standings work and how teams get selected for their next game.

Ever team will play one more game tomorrow, Wednesday the 12th, for the following final results:
11/12 Place: Finland - New Zealand
09/10 Place: Netherlands - Switzerland
07/08 Place: Italy - Australia
05/06 Place: Canada - Rep.Ireland
03/04 Place: Scotland - S.Korea
Champions: England - France
There are two routes to success in football. One is being good. The other is being lucky. You need both to win a championship. But you need only one to win a match.

Korean Stadiums: http://tinyurl.com/KoreanStadiums

OttoSilver
National League champion
National League champion

Re: Cyprus Womens Cup

Postby OttoSilver » Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:54 pm

Little unsure if it is their first win of the tournament or the first win ever. I'm going to guess this tournament. Korea is overall to strong a sporting nation to be THAT bad at football :P

http://m.sports.media.daum.net/m/sports ... 1094003504
There are two routes to success in football. One is being good. The other is being lucky. You need both to win a championship. But you need only one to win a match.

eujin
K-League Classic champion

Postby eujin » Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:49 pm

Why a new thread?

키프러스컵 첫 승 - it means first win in (this year's) Cyprus Cup.

Canada miss out on the final for the first time ever and only get to play for fifth. In the Algarve the US lost consecutive matches for the first time in 13 years! and will play the DPRK for seventh.

OttoSilver
National League champion
National League champion

Postby OttoSilver » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:47 am

I was looking for an existing thread for this, but I didn't see any. Did I miss it?

The Korea game will be played at 21:30 our time. I found a YouTube channel that was broadcasting the game live, but the games for today was not listed yet. I think I might have a look. Them girls are trying as had as any K-League-er but hardly get any eyeballs on them. :cry:

paquebot
National League champion
National League champion

Postby paquebot » Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:51 pm

OttoSilver wrote:I was looking for an existing thread for this, but I didn't see any. Did I miss it?

There's this thread from less than a month ago. It's in World Football instead of the Korea national team thread so that might be why you missed it.
In Yangju, if your cabbage doesn't understand you and you have valid reason for not eating it, then it is ok to go to other vegetables for your kimchi - though strictly nothing from south of Namyangju. -- Martyrs Forever

eujin

Postby eujin » Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:24 pm

OttoSilver wrote:I was looking for an existing thread for this, but I didn't see any. Did I miss it?

You started the other thread as well. Did you already forget completely? :drunken:

OttoSilver
National League champion
National League champion

Postby OttoSilver » Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:39 am

This is me we are talking about. I remember starting the other thread, could not find it, and still cant find it.

Anyway...

The game against Scotland finished 1-1 and Korea took it with the penalty shoot-out.

eujin

Postby eujin » Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:15 am

OttoSilver wrote:This is me we are talking about. I remember starting the other thread, could not find it, and still cant find it.

You still can't find it even when paquebot gives you a link? The internet's not really your thing is it?

Holyjoe

Postby Holyjoe » Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:06 am

Scotland's women wore the new Ronald McDonald kit in the game today. It just about looks acceptable on a female player but I still can't believe it's a serious choice for the men's team...

SaintsCanada
National League champion
National League champion

Postby SaintsCanada » Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:41 am

Holyjoe wrote:Scotland's women wore the new Ronald McDonald kit in the game today. It just about looks acceptable on a female player but I still can't believe it's a serious choice for the men's team...

If wee Gordon has any say in it, I doubt we'll be seeing it any time soon. Somehow I doubt that's something he'd cotton to.
오오오오오, 나의 사랑 인천 에프시!

Return to “Korean national team”