Group H summary

Discussion about the Taeguk Warriors.
weka
Aspiring K4-Leaguer
Aspiring K4-Leaguer

Re: Group H summary

Postby weka » Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:37 am

I believe Korea have what it takes to defeat every one in their group IMO...

Stiggles123
Korean football wannabe
Korean football wannabe

Postby Stiggles123 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:21 am

eujin wrote:Korea's world ranking is misleading. If the players hit form and they're not unduly unlucky, they could beat any team in this group. Belgium are a decent young side, but they're not Brazil. They lost recently to Japan at home.

The world rankings aren't the best thing to go on. According to the rankings at the moment Switzerland are a better team than Brazil!
One day Michael Brown might score.

nzfooty
K-League Classic champion
K-League Classic champion

Postby nzfooty » Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:14 pm

Frozz wrote:The BBC World Football Phone In had a world cup group stage special last week. No one gave Korea a chance of qualifying out of the group. A little harsh I feel. It's definitely possible.
First game against Russia will be the most important. Loose that and they really face an uphill struggle to qualify.

Can't see them getting a result against the Belgians, but Russia and Algeria are fairly even matched teams. Could go either way.

Mina put in a good word for Korea and I think the general consensus was that they are better than Algeria.

I think that on their day they can beat anyone in this group.

Russia have been solid but not spectacular in the qualifiers (lost to Nth Ireland away, drop points against Azerbaijan). Belgium are the strongest team here but without recent tournament experience. Perhaps Bosnia/Greece and Switzerland (from the top pot, snorts) would've been preferable opponents but this is overall a pretty decent group in terms of Euro opposition.

Probably got the weakest Pot 2 opponent in Algeria (Pot 2 = Africa & South America) as well.

Return to “Korean national team”