October 2013 friendlies (Brazil and Mali)

Discussion about the Taeguk Warriors.
Suwonesque
Aspiring K4-Leaguer
Aspiring K4-Leaguer

Re: October 2013 friendlies (Brazil and Mali)

Postby Suwonesque » Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:09 pm

Alex43 wrote:
always fun meeting another board member. the subway was CRAZY ended up walking with a bag of mexican food in hand. was a great snack when i pulled out those beers (although the lines were unreal, i really want to sit down with stadium staff and teach them a few tricks on service).

thought korea played really well, but we still dont have the shots needed to score.

Thanks buddy for the ticket. Sorry, I couldn't give a company for your drinks as I stopped drinking a year ago. But, I would love to meet again for the matches and have some chat.

By the way, Suwon match against Jeonbuk is on 27th, November, Wednesday. Probably, it would be a title deciding match for Jeonbuk and ACL spot match for Suwon (hopefully).
Blue is the color!

SteveW
K2 promotion contender
K2 promotion contender

Postby SteveW » Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:20 am

Alex43 wrote:
Suwonesque wrote:
Alex43 wrote:two days away, i tihnk i can get to the stadium at 7pm. what time are you knobheads thinking? is everyone eating before the game i reckon? i have to head out with my group afterwards, so trying to arrange something. can't make it to Seoul for the league match as it is on a Wednesday now.

Suwonesque, when can you meet for me to give you that ticket?

Thanks buddy. Let,s meet at 7pm there as the game is from 8pm.

always fun meeting another board member. the subway was CRAZY ended up walking with a bag of mexican food in hand. was a great snack when i pulled out those beers (although the lines were unreal, i really want to sit down with stadium staff and teach them a few tricks on service).

thought korea played really well, but we still dont have the shots needed to score.

The subway at Hapjeong going to the game was absolutely mental...we were made to stand upstairs until trains arrived to make space on the platform then there was a mad push to squeeze ourselves onto the train when it arrived. Never seen anything like it.

Thought I was going to be late for the game and of course I forgot my watch the one time I needed it so assumed I had missed KO only to arrive at the ground and be in my seat for 7.30.

Which gave me time to experience the nonsense that was queueing for beer at the game - seriously don't sell cans and then hand pour them into cups while 50 people are waiting to be served!
2014 Cass Lemon ROKfootball Prediction League Cup Competition brought to you in association with Dal Shabet Champion!!!

Groundhopping: the48club.wordpress.com

SEFC: seoulelandfc.wordpress.com

48 Club Count = 47. ONE TO GO!

Cyclops
National League champion
National League champion

Postby Cyclops » Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:23 pm

We got a fast train from Suwon to Seoul Station after the Anyang game and then got the airport line to Digital Media City which is a short walk from the WC stadium. I actually got you a train ticket to Seoul before the Suwon/Anyang match expecting to bump into you at the game but didn't consider it was going to be segregated so couldn't track you down (been there in the past and you could always walk right round). The airport train was empty enough to sit down and we seemed to be about the only people going to the match using it, so I'd recommend it to anyone going to a big game at Sangam in the future.

SteveW
K2 promotion contender
K2 promotion contender

Postby SteveW » Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:49 pm

I forgot you boys were going to Suwon or would have tracked you down. Aye, now they are in the big time its locked gates and ticket takers. Cheers for the ticket I never used though.

I even splashed out 5k on the main stand. How things change - last time I sat at a VIP table and paid nowt.
2014 Cass Lemon ROKfootball Prediction League Cup Competition brought to you in association with Dal Shabet Champion!!!

Evergreen
National League champion
National League champion

Postby Evergreen » Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:03 pm

Just how shit is Ji Dong-Won?

If he's going to play at the world cup the other teams must be laughing their asses off. Shocking player.

SaintsCanada
National League champion
National League champion

Postby SaintsCanada » Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:07 pm

Evergreen wrote:Just how shit is Ji Dong-Won?

If he's going to play at the world cup the other teams must be laughing their asses off. Shocking player.

The answer is: Very.

If Hong is picking him ahead of Son, he hasn't a clue I'm afraid. In fact, there were a lot of players in the starting-11 that have no business being there. Sigh.
오오오오오, 나의 사랑 인천 에프시!

SteveW
K2 promotion contender
K2 promotion contender

Postby SteveW » Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:42 pm

So who is going to Cheonan? I have the whole day free potentially. So could be down there early.

Alex43
National League champion
National League champion

Postby Alex43 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:41 pm

Suwonesque wrote:
Alex43 wrote:

Thanks buddy for the ticket. Sorry, I couldn't give a company for your drinks as I stopped drinking a year ago. But, I would love to meet again for the matches and have some chat.

By the way, Suwon match against Jeonbuk is on 27th, November, Wednesday. Probably, it would be a title deciding match for Jeonbuk and ACL spot match for Suwon (hopefully).

naw bro, it was good to meet up at the game. how did your pictures turn out of the 4 of us? i have a few on my phone.

I dont think i will be making the wednesday game unless work cancels on me, so it looks like we will have to wait til next year. was good to get a little k-league talk in the middle of the game. i would have been in the seats more if the beer lines werent out of control. i also stepped away at half time to go say hey to all the FC Seoul boys from the form.

SteveW wrote:
Which gave me time to experience the nonsense that was queueing for beer at the game - seriously don't sell cans and then hand pour them into cups while 50 people are waiting to be served!

ah... they were trying to use a wireless credit card machine that took ages. anyone in their right mind would see that and pay cash. right before kick off i was two or three back and just made a new line flashing cash at the women yelling for beers. i was forced to poor them into the cups instead of carrying them off which cost me the actually KO. watch the second half standing on the stairs waiting for the beer lines to dwindle down.

anyone see the naked korean guy????
well well well

Holyjoe
K-League Classic champion

Postby Holyjoe » Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:12 pm

For stats fans, the crowd at the Brazil game was a record attendane at Sangam:

Record Crowd Shows for Brazil Friendly
Oct 14 2013

A record crowd turned up to watch Brazil give a master class in world football as the South Americans beat Korea 2-0 at Seoul World Cup Stadium in a friendly match on Saturday evening.

The 65,308 spectators were treated to the silky skills of Brazilian forwards Neymar of Barcelona and Oscar of Chelsea, who both scored while flashing their individual brilliance to entertain the audience.

This represented a new record for the largest crowd at the stadium, beating the 65,256 people who showed up 11 years ago to watch the 2002 World Cup semifinal between Korea and Germany.

Suwonesque
Aspiring K4-Leaguer
Aspiring K4-Leaguer

Postby Suwonesque » Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:18 pm

Korean team is ripping apart Mali after the boring first half and controversial PK.

Son Heung-min just showed that why he is the best player that Korean have now.
Blue is the color!

just because
Propping up the K2
Propping up the K2

Postby just because » Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:34 pm

The 15 minutes either side of half time is arguably the best I have ever seen Korea play...everything just kept clicking and their passing play and finishing world class...Son Heung Min is going to be a brilliant player if he can hold it all together career and injury wise.

Lee Geun Ho is still not quite good enough at national level...keeps missing too many easy ones and misplacing easy passes. Too good for Kleague but not good enough for the next step.

eujin

Postby eujin » Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:03 pm

Has FIFA got any other teams ending in "i"? Do Fiji fancy a match? What about Malawi?

Hong's getting things done. I shouldn't make fun.

FCSeoul
Aspiring K4-Leaguer
Aspiring K4-Leaguer

Postby FCSeoul » Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:20 pm

FT:

S. Korea 3-1 Mali

Other than the 2nd and 3rd goals scored by Son and Kim. The match was pretty boring.

daeguowl
National League champion
National League champion

Postby daeguowl » Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:42 am

Holyjoe wrote:For stats fans, the crowd at the Brazil game was a record attendane at Sangam:

Oct 14 2013

A record crowd turned up to watch Brazil give a master class in world football as the South Americans beat Korea 2-0 at Seoul World Cup Stadium in a friendly match on Saturday evening.

The 65,308 spectators were treated to the silky skills of Brazilian forwards Neymar of Barcelona and Oscar of Chelsea, who both scored while flashing their individual brilliance to entertain the audience.

This represented a new record for the largest crowd at the stadium, beating the 65,256 people who showed up 11 years ago to watch the 2002 World Cup semifinal between Korea and Germany.

I wonder if I'm the only foreigner to have attended both...

weka
Aspiring K4-Leaguer
Aspiring K4-Leaguer

Postby weka » Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:07 am

daeguowl wrote:
Holyjoe wrote:For stats fans, the crowd at the Brazil game was a record attendane at Sangam:

Oct 14 2013

I wonder if I'm the only foreigner to have attended both...

You've been following Korean football for 10 years? Dang

Return to “Korean national team”