October 2013 friendlies (Brazil and Mali)

Discussion about the Taeguk Warriors.
daeguowl
National League champion
National League champion

Re: October 2013 friendlies (Brazil and Mali)

Postby daeguowl » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:41 am

weka wrote:
daeguowl wrote:
Holyjoe wrote:For stats fans, the crowd at the Brazil game was a record attendane at Sangam:

Record Crowd Shows for Brazil Friendly
Oct 14 2013

A record crowd turned up to watch Brazil give a master class in world football as the South Americans beat Korea 2-0 at Seoul World Cup Stadium in a friendly match on Saturday evening.

The 65,308 spectators were treated to the silky skills of Brazilian forwards Neymar of Barcelona and Oscar of Chelsea, who both scored while flashing their individual brilliance to entertain the audience.

This represented a new record for the largest crowd at the stadium, beating the 65,256 people who showed up 11 years ago to watch the 2002 World Cup semifinal between Korea and Germany.

I wonder if I'm the only foreigner to have attended both...

You've been following Korean football for 10 years? Dang

The first national team match I saw live was the 1-0 win over Brazil in 1999.
The first K-League match I saw live was Bucheon v Ulsan in 2000.

SteveW
K2 promotion contender
K2 promotion contender

Re: October 2013 friendlies (Brazil and Mali)

Postby SteveW » Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:45 am

Holyjoe wrote:For stats fans, the crowd at the Brazil game was a record attendane at Sangam:

Record Crowd Shows for Brazil Friendly
Oct 14 2013

A record crowd turned up to watch Brazil give a master class in world football as the South Americans beat Korea 2-0 at Seoul World Cup Stadium in a friendly match on Saturday evening.

The 65,308 spectators were treated to the silky skills of Brazilian forwards Neymar of Barcelona and Oscar of Chelsea, who both scored while flashing their individual brilliance to entertain the audience.

This represented a new record for the largest crowd at the stadium, beating the 65,256 people who showed up 11 years ago to watch the 2002 World Cup semifinal between Korea and Germany.

For fans of dodgy counting last nights attendance was 26000 + change. I'm not sure where they would have put another 4000 fans to get to the claimed 30,000 capacity. I think at most there were 500-1000 empty seats and most of them were in the suits section.
2014 Cass Lemon ROKfootball Prediction League Cup Competition brought to you in association with Dal Shabet Champion!!!

Groundhopping: the48club.wordpress.com

SEFC: seoulelandfc.wordpress.com

48 Club Count = 47. ONE TO GO!

Return to “Korean national team”