World Cup qualifiers (June 2013)

Discussion about the Taeguk Warriors.
eujin
K-League Classic champion
K-League Classic champion

Re: World Cup qualifiers (June 2013)

Postby eujin » Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:46 am

There's not been a lot of discussion on here about the afters at the Iran match https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGKDj0Ztpqw
Elsewhere of course there's been plenty of discussion....

Those of you who were at the match, what would you say about the interactions of the fans etc? I've got a couple of good Iranian friends in Korea, so it would be a shame to see things get out of control, although I'd be lying if I said I wasn't also hoping they'd beat them and knock them out too, perhaps :smt083

After the Dokdo business at the Olympics, wasn't it FIFA who said they didn't want to see anything like it again from "Korea"? I doubt this counts, but they need to watch themselves. Home games in the EAFC coming up will be ample opportunity for toys to leave prams.

Roarchild
Kim Byung-ji's hairdresser
Kim Byung-ji's hairdresser

Postby Roarchild » Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:50 am

Yes. Misbehave one more time and the KFA might get a $10,000 fine :)
I think that''s about as tough as they get. Maybe have to play a friendly against Macedonia under 20's behind closed doors or some other form of wrist slapping.

China never seems to get punished and they have done much worse (players and fans). I can't remember the last ACL game played in China which didn't feature lazer pointers.

SaintsCanada
National League champion
National League champion

Postby SaintsCanada » Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:51 am

The Iranian gk is the one misbehaving here. Literally run into the defeated opponents' sideline area taunting them? A punch in the teeth is the very least you deserve. And then to complain to the ref, that's truly punk-ass B.S. Man card: revoked.
오오오오오, 나의 사랑 인천 에프시!

Spatula City
Cabbage country dweller
Cabbage country dweller
Location: South of the (Ulsan) Border, West of the Sun (and fun in Haeundae)

Postby Spatula City » Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:00 pm

I was at the game with my wife and a couple of (Korean) coworkers. We were all somewhat appalled at the attitudes of the fans around us. I should say we were appalled by the really intensely foul-mouthed and aggressive drunk middle-aged men that made up about a quarter of the attendance where we were sitting anyway (the "away" end though for this game they had the Iranian fans tucked away in a corner). I guess one unforseen consequence of a 9pm start time is the 2+ hours to pound the soju before the game even starts, and it showed. I learned several new vocabulary words that night haha.
Regardless of what any Iranian player may have done (other than the time wasting at the end I noticed nothing egregious) or what other countries may get away with, I expect better of Korean fans and was sad to see the lack of class shown by far too many of them both throughout and especially at the end of the match--an opinion shared by both my wife and coworkers (admittedly none of us was drunk and it's never fun being sober in a group like that, though it can be eye-opening).

p.s. That game was the first time in countless experiences at Korean sporting events that I've felt it wasn't approprite for children to be there. Sadly most of the real angry assholes were sitting right next to their wife and kids.

Return to “Korean national team”