South Korea vs UAE (WCQ) October 11

Discussion about the Taeguk Warriors.
trainer001
Korean football wannabe
Korean football wannabe

South Korea vs UAE (WCQ) October 11

Postby trainer001 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:23 pm

According to the AFC's website (http://www.the-afc.com/en/fifa2014-sche ... ons&id=423) this game is being played at the Big Bird. Anyone have any further confirmation of this information?

daeguowl
National League champion
National League champion

Re: South Korea vs UAE (WCQ) October 11

Postby daeguowl » Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:27 am

The Fifa wesite agrees but the piece of crap kfa website is still keeping mum.

Holyjoe
K-League Classic champion

Postby Holyjoe » Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:49 pm

Yep tickets on sale now with this game being played in Suwon with an 8pm kick-off.

nzfooty

Postby nzfooty » Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:17 pm

UAE played a friendly match last night against China, losing 2-1

Lapses by UAE defence give China win in friendly

Match first real test for squad under new coach who has to fine-tune flaw before crucial tie with South Korea in the World Cup qualifier

just because
Propping up the K2
Propping up the K2

Postby just because » Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:51 pm

Korea look very flat in the first half...holding the vast majority of possession but not doing enough with it. Had a couple of decent chances to score but the UAE defence is holding on. They are doing well on the counter with a couple of decent chances of their own...

Korea well in truly the frontrunners still but if they are not careful they might be on the end of a shock. Koo Ja Chul and Lee Young Rae to both come off at the half as both have been giving away the ball far too easily, with the fore mentioned diving in the box...boo to that.

nzfooty

Postby nzfooty » Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:57 pm

No... I have money on this match. 화이팅!!

just because
Propping up the K2
Propping up the K2

Postby just because » Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:32 pm

nzfooty wrote:No... I have money on this match. 화이팅!!

Hanguk starting to overrun them now. park Joo young a nice finish for the first after a great pass from number 7 again (cant remember his name again but he seems to be a find from jeonbuk) and then an own goal from a corner.....could be a couple more in it yet...

in other news...japan destroying Tajikistan.

SteveW
K2 promotion contender
K2 promotion contender

Postby SteveW » Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:38 pm

just because wrote:

Hanguk starting to overrun them now. park Joo young a nice finish for the first after a great pass from number 7 again (cant remember his name again but he seems to be a find from jeonbuk) and then an own goal from a corner.....could be a couple more in it yet...

Park Chu Young seems to be doing well of late and as much as I never rated the bloke he's become an integral part of the national team and is actually doing the business.
2014 Cass Lemon ROKfootball Prediction League Cup Competition brought to you in association with Dal Shabet Champion!!!

Groundhopping: the48club.wordpress.com

SEFC: seoulelandfc.wordpress.com

48 Club Count = 47. ONE TO GO!

daeguowl
National League champion
National League champion

Postby daeguowl » Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:02 am

SteveW wrote:
just because wrote:

Park Chu Young seems to be doing well of late and as much as I never rated the bloke he's become an integral part of the national team and is actually doing the business.

I know what you mean. After slating him for the last five years, i have to admit he's been half-decent of late.

Suwonesque
Aspiring K4-Leaguer
Aspiring K4-Leaguer

Postby Suwonesque » Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:24 am

Very poor game and poor attendance. TV said 30,000 people attended. It was no way near to 30,000. In the end it was 3 points, anyway.

Suwon-hater Cho played Lee Yong-rae for 90 minutes. He should have been subbed, possibly with Yoon Bit-garam.
Blue is the color!

Holyjoe

Postby Holyjoe » Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:58 pm

Were the Suwon club staff in charge of the attendance? Thought they'd claim a 30,000+ attendance last night but it was nowhere near that.

Agree Korea were poor but they got the win and that's the main thing at this stage. They'll need to step up their game in the next round though.

mustoe02
National League champion
National League champion

Postby mustoe02 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:44 pm

Suwon-hater Cho played Lee Yong-rae for 90 minutes. He should have been subbed, possibly with Yoon Bit-garam.

Why does that make him a Suwon hater? If he'd stayed on the bench for the full ninety minutes wouldn't you have said he hates Suwon players and won't play them?

With your take on things, perhaps Cho is a Suwon lover for failing to pick Yeom Ki-Hun for even the squad.

Suwonesque
Aspiring K4-Leaguer
Aspiring K4-Leaguer

Postby Suwonesque » Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:20 pm

Holyjoe wrote:Were the Suwon club staff in charge of the attendance?

Suwon Bluewings is a just tenant there, and I think they have no authority on KFA games.

mustoe02 wrote:

Why does that make him a Suwon hater? If he'd stayed on the bench for the full ninety minutes wouldn't you have said he hates Suwon players and won't play them?

With your take on things, perhaps Cho is a Suwon lover for failing to pick Yeom Ki-Hun for even the squad.

My view was based on Koo Ja-choel's performance yesterday.
Of course I was happy to see Yeom in Suwon, but he deserves a place there. Has Cho ever visited Wolfsburg and seen Koo's play? If not, how does he know he is a 1st choice midfielder ahead of Yeom?
He haven't scored for Wolfsburg yet and he is not a regular starter there either.

But Yeom is very influential in national team squad, and a regular scorer for his club. Considering his current form, Yeom deserved as much as Koo.
Blue is the color!

just because
Propping up the K2
Propping up the K2

Postby just because » Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:20 pm

That goal at the end by UAE was an absolute corker of a goal....lucky Korea got that own goal at the other end. I think UAE played very well, much better than expected.

mr methane
Kim Byung-ji's hairdresser
Kim Byung-ji's hairdresser

Postby mr methane » Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:55 pm

daeguowl wrote:
SteveW wrote:
just because wrote:

I know what you mean. After slating him for the last five years, i have to admit he's been half-decent of late.

Yeah, I'd go along with that as well. Never liked him either, but he is looking like one of the best players the national team has at the moment.

There again, is he looking better partly (or even largely) because Korea these days just look bloody rubbish? I thought they were very poor against UAE and in spite of the lion's share of the possession got very little on target. UAE's late goal was nicely taken, but, for the second time in a couple of days, it was absolute joke defending costing them a soft late goal in a game they should've been killing off.

I dunno...they should still get through to the final round of qualifiers even though a slip up either at home to Kuwait or away to UAE wouldn't surprise me. But I'm really not very confident that this team is going to be in Brazil in 2014. Or am I overdoing the pessimism?

Return to “Korean national team”