October 7th 2011 double header

Discussion about the Taeguk Warriors.
Holyjoe
K-League Classic champion

October 7th 2011 double header

Postby Holyjoe » Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:32 am

Another friendly in Seoul, but rather than one match there will be two matches played on the same day. The full national team will take on Poland at Sangam at 8pm whilst the Olympic side face the Uzbekistan Olympic team at 5pm at the same venue.

nzfooty

Re: October 7th 2011 double header

Postby nzfooty » Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:21 pm

Polish fans are full of enthusiasm about this opportunity to avenge the 2002 World Cup defeat:

~jgd - 2011-08-25 18:43:01 Zgłoś do moderacji

a po kiego h*** jechac do azjii?? trzeba sie przygotowywac na euro...czy korea gra zblizony futbol do europejskich druzyn.... zachcialo sie pzpn wycieczki na daleki wschod... czemu nie...

Why the f*** go to Asia? We should be preparing for the EUROs. Do the Koreans play similar type of football to
the European teams? PZPN (Polish FA) felt like going on a trip to Asia... why not...

~LEX - 2011-08-25 13:32:40 Zgłoś do moderacji

oczywiście musi byc daleko EGZOTYCZNA WYCIECZKA DLA DZIAŁACZY ZA FREE TO JEST COŚ

A faraway, exotic trip for the PZPN (Polish FA) administrators for free. That is something.

~tw - 2011-08-25 11:42:25 Zgłoś do moderacji

Przecież ten nieuk Smuda mówił że do finałów EURO nasza drużyna będzie tylko grała z drużynami z Europy!!!.Smuda to kolejny
wapniak z bandy PZPN!!!.

Didn't that ignoramus Smuda (Poland's coach) say that we will be playing only European teams prior to the EUROs?
Smuda is just another one of the fuddy-duddys from the gang that is the PZPN (Polish FA).

~Pytanko - 2011-08-25 00:32:45 Zgłoś do moderacji
grały*

Played* (feminine version of the verb).

~Pytanko - 2011-08-25 00:32:33 Zgłoś do moderacji

To te żartownisie grali tak widowiskowy "FUTBOL" na MŚ 2002?

That's cause the clowns played* such spectacular "football" at the 2002 WC.

~M4seek - 2011-08-25 00:20:43 Zgłoś do moderacji

Lepsze to niż jakaś Armenia..

Better than facing the likes of Armenia...

I feel some relief. Given the reputation central and east European fans have for racism, I'm glad I haven't come across
anything that is offensive. This may change closer to the day of the match or if results is unfavourable.

The one thing that does come through is the frustration that a lot of fans feel with the way the game is organised.

nzfooty

Postby nzfooty » Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:24 pm

Korean squad for this match and the UAE qualifier

Polish footy forum (in English) discussing the Korea v Poland match

Polish squad (w/o Poland based players) :

Bramkarze: Wojciech Szczęsny (Arsenal Londyn), Łukasz Fabiański (Arsenal Londyn).

Obrońcy: Arkadiusz Głowacki (Trabzonspor), Dariusz Dudka (AJ Auxerre), Marcin Wasilewski (RSC Anderlecht), Łukasz Piszczek (Borussia Dortmund), Damien Perquis (FC Sochaux).

Pomocnicy: Ludovic Obraniak (OSC Lille), Adam Matuszczyk (1.FC Koeln), SÅ‚awomir Peszko (1.FC Koeln), Eugen Polanski (1.FSV Mainz 05), Jakub BÅ‚aszczykowski (Borussia Dortmund), Adrian Mierzejewski (Trabzonspor).

Napastnicy: Robert Lewandowski (Borussia Dortmund), Paweł Brożek (Trabzonspor).

eujin

Postby eujin » Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:49 pm

nzfooty wrote:Pomocnicy: Ludovic Obraniak (OSC Lille), Adam Matuszczyk (1.FC Koeln), SÅ‚awomir Peszko (1.FC Koeln), Eugen Polanski (1.FSV Mainz 05), Jakub BÅ‚aszczykowski (Borussia Dortmund), Adrian Mierzejewski (Trabzonspor).

Does pomoc mean something like "help"? Are midfielders in Polish "helpers"?

Napastnicy in Korean sounds a bit like "bad boys".

nzfooty

Postby nzfooty » Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:08 pm

eujin wrote:
nzfooty wrote:Pomocnicy: Ludovic Obraniak (OSC Lille), Adam Matuszczyk (1.FC Koeln), SÅ‚awomir Peszko (1.FC Koeln), Eugen Polanski (1.FSV Mainz 05), Jakub BÅ‚aszczykowski (Borussia Dortmund), Adrian Mierzejewski (Trabzonspor).

Does pomoc mean something like "help"? Are midfielders in Polish "helpers"?

Napastnicy in Korean sounds a bit like "bad boys".

That's exactly right. Pomoc does mean "help", and midfielders are indeed "helpers". I remember telling my grandmother when I started playing that I was a midfielder. She asked me why I ended up in such a lowly role. She was not a big fan of the sport, as you can see. When we watched the 1986 quarter-final between Brazil and France she thought Platini was playing for Brazil. In her defence I have to say it was a black and white telly.

nzfooty

Postby nzfooty » Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:20 am

It seems everyone in the Polish squad has been moaning ball week long about having to fly all the way to Korea. Poland is co-hosting Euro 2012 and everyone feels they should be preparing at home. An article I saw (link above, (Polish)) claimed that the Polish FA is going to get $200,000 for the appearance.
That has since been edited out or I'm confusing this article with another.

Meantime in the Korean camp:

Cho also said he will try to test as many players as he can against Poland so that he will have a better idea of who will start the qualifier against the UAE.

It doesn't sound like it's going to be a classic. 2-0 to Korea, a score they frequently record against jet-legged 2nd tier European nations.

nzfooty

Postby nzfooty » Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:49 am

nzfooty wrote: An article I saw claimed that the Polish FA is going to get $200,000 for the appearance.
That has since been edited out or I'm confusing this article with another.

Confirmed: $200,000 + costs
The Polish coach, Smuda is also having a moan in the article.
(btw, he missed the flight to Seoul with the team. I guess the the team will be idle on Thursday.)

Holyjoe

Postby Holyjoe » Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:00 pm

nzfooty wrote:It seems everyone in the Polish squad has been moaning ball week long about having to fly all the way to Korea.

They do look positively overjoyed at being here...

daeguowl
National League champion
National League champion

Postby daeguowl » Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:38 am

Anyone gonna be in the North Stand tomorrow?

just because
Propping up the K2
Propping up the K2

Postby just because » Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:27 am

Seems like the Polish team are thrilled to be here, will they even put in any effort???....might be time to make a bet on big score wins for Korea.
3-0 - 11/1
4-0 - 25/1
3-1 - 14/1
4-1 - 28/1

nzfooty

Postby nzfooty » Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:50 am

just because wrote:Seems like the Polish team are thrilled to be here, will they even put in any effort???....might be time to make a bet on big score wins for Korea.
3-0 - 11/1
4-0 - 25/1
3-1 - 14/1
4-1 - 28/1

Hmmm... possible I guess. That said, see the quote from Cho above. He said he wants to test as many players as possible. I will go with a Korea win, but no more than by two goals.

nzfooty

Postby nzfooty » Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:07 am

Holyjoe wrote:
nzfooty wrote:It seems everyone in the Polish squad has been moaning ball week long about having to fly all the way to Korea.

They do look positively overjoyed at being here...

Smuda, on the left, is double pissed cause his missed his scheduled flight and arrived in Korea a day after his team did. As a result apparently he was not too thrilled about talking to the media according to this article:

Smuda wyleciał do Korei Płd.
Selekcjoner Franciszek Smuda, trzech członków sztabu reprezentacji Polski oraz piłkarze Paweł Brożek i Jakub Błaszczykowski w środę przed południem, z jednodniowym opóźnieniem, wyruszyli do Korei Południej. Selekcjoner był na lotnisku bardzo zdenerwowany całą sytuacją i z tego powodu nie chciał rozmawiać z mediami.

However, training went ahead on Thursday as planned, with other coaches being present.

A photo in that article reminded me of the last match Poland played.

2-2 V Germany. Germany ‘s equaliser was in the last second of the match. I think Korea will win but it won’t be a walkover.

just because
Propping up the K2
Propping up the K2

Postby just because » Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:50 pm

Put two bets on at 3-0 and 3-1....wish me luck. looking at Polands recent form though i doubt it will happen.

nzfooty

Postby nzfooty » Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:14 pm

3-1 looks reasonable.

In the U23 match, half-time is approaching and Korea are leading Uzbekistan 3-0.

daeguowl
National League champion
National League champion

Postby daeguowl » Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:28 pm

nzfooty wrote:3-1 looks reasonable.

In the U23 match, half-time is approaching and Korea are leading Uzbekistan 3-0.

Hoping for some goals in thE Poland match too. Just about to leave work for Sangam. Actually can barely be bothered but Poland is another country to tick off...

Return to “Korean national team”