2011 summer friendlies

Discussion about the Taeguk Warriors.
Holyjoe
K-League Classic champion
K-League Classic champion

Re: 2011 summer friendlies

Postby Holyjoe » Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:31 am

Only saw the highlights of the game against Ghana but that's a good win.. some slack defending allowed Asamoah Gyan to score and he had a couple of other chances, one stopped by a rare penalty save from Jung Sung-ryong, but you can't argue with two 2-1 wins over decent (if slightly understrength) opposition. Looked like a decent turnout in Jeonju too which could well persuade the KFA it's worth rotating the national team matches a bit more.

just because
Propping up the K2
Propping up the K2

Postby just because » Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:48 am

Korea played very well up front in my opinion but so did Ghana...looks like both teams were told to go for it. The defending for both teams was a bit dodgy but Koreas keeper had a good game.

Ji Dong Won turned it up for the nats team again with a nice header and he provided the assist for Goo Ja Cheol for the injury time winner. Watching Korea play at the moment is very fun and with 2 decent results over the last few days the team did very well.

It looked like the Jeonju stadium was almost full so I am hoping the other cities get a go at the games as well....the olympic qualifier is coming up which would be a perfect chance to take out to the smaller venues but of course it is in Seoul.

anamerican
K2 promotion contender
K2 promotion contender

Postby anamerican » Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:14 pm

just because wrote:Korea played very well up front in my opinion but so did Ghana...looks like both teams were told to go for it. The defending for both teams was a bit dodgy but Koreas keeper had a good game.

Ji Dong Won turned it up for the nats team again with a nice header and he provided the assist for Goo Ja Cheol for the injury time winner. Watching Korea play at the moment is very fun and with 2 decent results over the last few days the team did very well.

It looked like the Jeonju stadium was almost full so I am hoping the other cities get a go at the games as well....the olympic qualifier is coming up which would be a perfect chance to take out to the smaller venues but of course it is in Seoul.

Sure Jeonju would be full. They haven't seen the National Team in ages. It's foolish to have games in Seoul constantly. The Olympic qualifiers could be played anywhere in the country. Also, they could use these qualifiers to bring out fans to KLeague stadiums.

If I had my way, I'd milk a group of fans until I saw a decrease in attendance, then milk the next group of fans. Play all the national team games in Ulsan for a while. Make the rest of the nation jealous. Then play in Gwangju for a few games. Moving around the country like this would ensure high attendance figures for virtually every friendly. WOW! The National Team is playing in Seoul for the first time in two years. Mass of fans show up.

Another thing, use the national team as bait. If you build a stadium like "숭의", we'll have the national team play a friendly there twice in two years after it opens. :) :)

Return to “Korean national team”