2018 World Cup qualification

Discussion about the Taeguk Warriors.
eujin
K-League Classic champion
K-League Classic champion

Re: 2018 World Cup qualification

Postby eujin » Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:47 am

paquebot wrote:Gus Hiddink has reportedly stated that he'd be willing to coach South Korea again if that's what the people want.

if that's what the people want to pay for...

Crane
Korean football wannabe
Korean football wannabe

Re: 2018 World Cup qualification

Postby Crane » Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:02 am

eujin wrote:Why are all the matches in Korea's group kicking off at the same time, but all at different times (up to seven and a half hours difference) in the other group?

Is it just because people in Australia can't play football in the middle of the night? Doesn't this provide an opportunity for all sorts of shenanigans? If Saudia Arabia know that a draw will suffice, or they need to win by 2 goals, then they can adopt their tactics once they've seen the Australia result.

Also, I noticed that UEFA dropped the head-to-head tiebreaker down below overall goal difference. That's a shame as I thought it was a good idea, partly because it gives less opportunity for shenanigans.

I was thinking the same thing as it is a tad unfair to Australia. I asked a Saudi friend, and he didn't really know either. His guess was that the afternoon heat would have been dangerous to play in, although then it begs the question why they didn't just move the other two matches backward. Money speaks I guess.

Return to “Korean national team”