Help me (finally) write my Korean footie book!

Discussion on K League Classic (K1), K League Challenge (K2), FA Cup and other major competitions.
Gerd Bibimbapper
National League champion
National League champion

Re: Help me (finally) write my Korean footie book!

Postby Gerd Bibimbapper » Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:41 pm

sjc_three wrote:[Gasps] The dreaded Bremerhaven - where Captain von Trapp was due to be sent to before he escaped over the mountains into Switzerland with Sister Maria and the children.

Yep - where I bought me first pair of ski sticks and pretended to be Franz Klammer (good old Ski Sunday).
I wasn't until I went to Salzburg a couple of years ago that I was made aware of the improbability of 'escaping over the mountains into Switzerland'.
Er, on a 'Sound of Music' tour. :oops:

mustoe02
National League champion
National League champion

Postby mustoe02 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:40 pm

(good old Ski Sunday).

Alberto Tomba!

Gerd Bibimbapper
National League champion
National League champion

Postby Gerd Bibimbapper » Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:53 pm

mustoe02 wrote:
(good old Ski Sunday).

Alberto Tomba!

Ha ha!
Can't imagine him on our tottie ranking threads.
Didn't he once say something to the effect of 'what, you mean I can't have them all'? :lol:

MipoFanatic
K2 promotion contender
K2 promotion contender

Postby MipoFanatic » Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:08 pm

:smt006 :smt006 :smt006 :smt006 :smt006

Zoran Urumov moved from Busan I'cons to Suwon Bluewings in the middle of the 2003 K-League season.

Former Busan manager Ian Porterfield had explained to me that Urumov's contract was up in the middle of 2003, and he (Porterfield) claimed that he was told by Busan club officials that players couldn't move within the K-League on "Bosman" transfers. He said that he was misinformed (essentially that he was told a lie), which allowed Urumov to go to Suwon on a free transfer, thus helping to decrease the overall player wages at Busan.

However, Urumov's English Wikipedia entry claims that Urumov moved to Busan on a transfer fee of $350,000. That's the first I've heard of such a fee; the claim on Wikipedia does not cite a source, nor can I find anything else about it on the interwebs.

I'm prepared to call bullshit on the Wiki $350K claim, unless anyone here might know something and be willing to share it.

Thanks in advance.
Last edited by MipoFanatic on Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:30 am, edited 2 times in total.

daeguowl
National League champion
National League champion

Postby daeguowl » Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:58 pm

MipoFanatic wrote::smt006 :smt006 :smt006 :smt006 :smt006

Zoran Urumov moved from Busan I'cons to Suwon Bluewings in the middle of the 2003 K-League season.

Former Busan manager Ian Porterfield had explained to me that Urumov's contract was up at the end of 2003, and he (Porterfield) claimed that he was told by Busan club officials that players could move within the K-League on "Bosman" transfers. He said that he was misinformed (essentially that he was told a lie), which allowed Urumov to go to Suwon on a free transfer, thus helping to decrease the overall player wages at Busan.

However, Urumov's English Wikipedia entry claims that Urumov moved to Busan on a transfer fee of $350,000. That's the first I've heard of such a fee; the claim on Wikipedia does not cite a source, nor can I find anything else about it on the interwebs.

I'm prepared to call bullshit on the Wiki $350K claim, unless anyone here might know something and be willing to share it.

Thanks in advance.

This article on the Samscum website sets out the signing as follows:

3. 계약조건
□ 계약기간 : 3년 3 year contract
□ 연 봉 : 12만불 120k salary
□ 계 약 금 : 35만불 350k signing bonus
I think that answers your question.

SteveW
K2 promotion contender
K2 promotion contender

Postby SteveW » Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:52 pm

Chapter 1 of my book is in the bag...well it's written....well it's a draft... a rough draft. Ok a first draft. Thrown down during extended lunch breaks in my new job.

Zoran gets a mention in it as well.

I was thinking this morning if I could actually produce a photobook of the stadia and stick it on Amazon but not sure if photo e-books actually work.
2014 Cass Lemon ROKfootball Prediction League Cup Competition brought to you in association with Dal Shabet Champion!!!

Groundhopping: the48club.wordpress.com

SEFC: seoulelandfc.wordpress.com

48 Club Count = 47. ONE TO GO!

SteveW
K2 promotion contender
K2 promotion contender

Postby SteveW » Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:56 pm

Seems someone did once publish a football venues in South Korea book.

http://www.find-more-books.com/book/isb ... 75228.html
2014 Cass Lemon ROKfootball Prediction League Cup Competition brought to you in association with Dal Shabet Champion!!!

eujin
K-League Classic champion

Postby eujin » Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:10 pm

Please note that the content of this book primarily consists of articles available from Wikipedia or other free sources online.

https://books.google.de/books/about/Foo ... edir_esc=y

MipoFanatic
K2 promotion contender
K2 promotion contender

Postby MipoFanatic » Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:19 am

Apologies, there were two typos in my earlier post that completely garbled the meaning. I had meant to write:
* Porterfield said Urumov's contract was up in the middle of the 2003 season (not the end).
* Porterfield was (incorrectly) informed that K-League players at the end of their contract could not move to a different K-League club on a "Bosman" transfer.

I've amended the original post, so hopefully it's more coherent now.

daeguowl wrote:This article on the Samscum website sets out the signing as follows:

3. 계약조건
□ 계약기간 : 3년 3 year contract
□ 연 봉 : 12만불 120k salary
□ 계 약 금 : 35만불 350k signing bonus
I think that answers your question.

Many thanks for that link. Am I correct that "이적료" is the Korean term for "transfer fee?"

Seems that Porterfield was right and (as expected) the Wiki page is incorrect. I've amended the Wiki entry. Cheers.

Only question now is what sort of dollars (불) Urumov was paid in. I'm going to guess that Samsung are clever bastards and made it Fijian.

MipoFanatic
K2 promotion contender
K2 promotion contender

Postby MipoFanatic » Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:41 am

Another quick question: are Sangmu players (who are all essentially on loan for the duration of their military service from other clubs) permitted to play matches against their "parent" clubs?

If so, what's to stop them from potentially putting in a less-than-stellar effort against their parent clubs?

Don't most loan contracts between European clubs stipulate that the loanee is not allowed to play against their parent club?

Holyjoe

Postby Holyjoe » Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:07 am

Is every fucker writing a book on Korean football these days? I'm going to write a book about writing a book on Korean football. If everyone who is writing a book on Korean football buys it I'll make a fortune.

Holyjoe

Postby Holyjoe » Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:27 am

MipoFanatic wrote:Another quick question: are Sangmu players (who are all essentially on loan for the duration of their military service from other clubs) permitted to play matches against their "parent" clubs?

If so, what's to stop them from potentially putting in a less-than-stellar effort against their parent clubs?

Don't most loan contracts between European clubs stipulate that the loanee is not allowed to play against their parent club?

It's definitely permissible, Lee Jeong-hyub has certainly played for Sangju Sangmu against Busan in the past couple of years (must have been 2014 when they were in the top flight). Presumably as the clubs don't really have much choice in the decision to loan the players to Sangmu then they're not permitted to stipulate when they can play and it's just down to the Sangmu coaching staff to determine whether or not the chap is likely to deliberately underperform.

Alex43
National League champion
National League champion

Postby Alex43 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:31 am

Holyjoe wrote:
MipoFanatic wrote:Another quick question: are Sangmu players (who are all essentially on loan for the duration of their military service from other clubs) permitted to play matches against their "parent" clubs?

It's definitely permissible, Lee Jeong-hyub has certainly played for Sangju Sangmu against Busan in the past couple of years (must have been 2014 when they were in the top flight). Presumably as the clubs don't really have much choice in the decision to loan the players to Sangmu then they're not permitted to stipulate when they can play and it's just down to the Sangmu coaching staff to determine whether or not the chap is likely to deliberately underperform.

interesting. i assumed they couldnt play because it was a forced loan (meaning they didnt want to loan him in the first place, the least they could do is not use them against the original club). but i cant ever remember seeing a jeonbuk player playing against his own club.
well well well

Gyongmaman
Cabbage country dweller
Cabbage country dweller

Postby Gyongmaman » Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:05 pm

Alex43 wrote:
Holyjoe wrote:

interesting. i assumed they couldnt play because it was a forced loan (meaning they didnt want to loan him in the first place, the least they could do is not use them against the original club). but i cant ever remember seeing a jeonbuk player playing against his own club.

Yeah the Sangmu and Police players can and do - they usually go over and take a little bow in front of their "parent fans" at the end. No reason not to try hard as they are probaby all worried that on their return their clubs will get rid of them as soon as they are allowed to so they need to impress.

Semi-related, but when Molina moved from Seongnam to Seoul wasn't there somethng in the contract that meant he couldn't play against Seongnam that season even though it was a permanent transfer?

SteveW
K2 promotion contender
K2 promotion contender

Postby SteveW » Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:04 pm

I don't think (could be wrong) there is a rule anywhere that any loan player can't play against his own club - it's just something that clubs tend to stipulate in the deal. Suppose it makes sense for everyone involved. Since clubs don't really negotiate a deal with Sangju/Ansan I guess they don't really get to stipulate any rules or regulations regarding the deal so I would assume the players are free to play against their home clubs.

Should be easy enough to check - I'm sure for example Ansan could well have fielded some Gyeongnam players last season

Return to “K League”