K-League Challenge 2017

Discussion on K League Classic (K1), K League Challenge (K2), FA Cup and other major competitions.
User avatar
Evergreen
National League champion
National League champion
Posts: 1750
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2007 6:18 pm
Location: Sejong City
Contact:

Re: K-League Challenge 2017

Postby Evergreen » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:51 am

I'll be heading to my first Daejeon home match for quite a while for the game against Busan tomorrow. Hoping to see our former coach and all around legend Cho Jin Ho as he returns to the Purple Arena for the first time since being sacked back in 2015 (that worked out really well).

The malaise around the club at the moment is depressing. I was at Bucheon away last weekend with another 7....yes 7 away fans. That is pathetic, and while that may be the norm at some clubs, Daejeon have always had a solid away following. That era is now dead. The attendance for our home FA Cup tie midweek was a pitiful 254. W...T...F

It wouldn't surprise me one bit to see us drop to the bottom of the league over the next few weeks, perhaps even this weekend. A sorry state of affairs indeed.
Image

User avatar
SteveW
K2 promotion contender
K2 promotion contender
Posts: 3589
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2005 12:52 am
Location: Eunpyeong-gu, Seoul

Re: K-League Challenge 2017

Postby SteveW » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:21 pm

Evergreen wrote:I'll be heading to my first Daejeon home match for quite a while for the game against Busan tomorrow. Hoping to see our former coach and all around legend Cho Jin Ho as he returns to the Purple Arena for the first time since being sacked back in 2015 (that worked out really well).

The malaise around the club at the moment is depressing. I was at Bucheon away last weekend with another 7....yes 7 away fans. That is pathetic, and while that may be the norm at some clubs, Daejeon have always had a solid away following. That era is now dead. The attendance for our home FA Cup tie midweek was a pitiful 254. W...T...F

It wouldn't surprise me one bit to see us drop to the bottom of the league over the next few weeks, perhaps even this weekend. A sorry state of affairs indeed.

It would surprise me. Eland are just pathetically bad. Chungju Hummel bad. Worse actually.
2014 Cass Lemon ROKfootball Prediction League Cup Competition brought to you in association with Dal Shabet Champion!!!

Groundhopping: the48club.wordpress.com

SEFC: seoulelandfc.wordpress.com

48 Club Count = 47. ONE TO GO!

User avatar
jamesedrupt
National League champion
National League champion
Posts: 1339
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:56 pm
Location: Changwon, Gyeongnam.

Re: K-League Challenge 2017

Postby jamesedrupt » Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:06 pm

Great free kick to win it for Busan.

User avatar
Gyongmaman
Cabbage country dweller
Cabbage country dweller
Posts: 208
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:08 pm

Re: K-League Challenge 2017

Postby Gyongmaman » Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:31 pm

Goals all round - 11 from 3 matches (and 17 from 4 in the Classic although two of those games were one-sided thumpings)!

User avatar
Holyjoe
K-League Classic champion
K-League Classic champion
Posts: 11596
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 11:57 pm
Contact:

Re: K-League Challenge 2017

Postby Holyjoe » Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:17 am

SteveW wrote:It would surprise me. Eland are just pathetically bad. Chungju Hummel bad. Worse actually.


Sacking Martin Rennie has worked out well. Weren't they supposed to be winning the ACL next season?

User avatar
RoqueJunior
Cabbage country dweller
Cabbage country dweller
Posts: 278
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 8:49 pm
Location: Bucharest, Romania

Re: K-League Challenge 2017

Postby RoqueJunior » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:36 pm

Glory with the save of the season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qan0DAc_ntk&t=17s

But for some reason is not in this video. Strange. Is not that from the 38'. Was another one before. Was a shot from 3-4 yards brilliantly saved by Glory.

Managed to upload a low quality video on Instagram with the save after seeing the moment again on Naver. Maybe Song Su-Young should have buried home, but credit to Glory.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BTT5zeiANWj ... quejunior4

User avatar
jamesedrupt
National League champion
National League champion
Posts: 1339
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:56 pm
Location: Changwon, Gyeongnam.

Re: K-League Challenge 2017

Postby jamesedrupt » Thu May 04, 2017 4:23 pm

12 games unbeaten......just saying.

User avatar
Holyjoe
K-League Classic champion
K-League Classic champion
Posts: 11596
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 11:57 pm
Contact:

Re: K-League Challenge 2017

Postby Holyjoe » Thu May 04, 2017 7:28 pm

Seongnam and Daejeon joint bottom of the K2 in 2017.. rewind to 2007 and the two ended up qualifying for the post season K1 championship playoffs. Some fall from grace for both clubs.

User avatar
eujin
K-League Classic champion
K-League Classic champion
Posts: 5022
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:04 pm
Location: Hanover, Germany

Re: K-League Challenge 2017

Postby eujin » Fri May 05, 2017 7:04 am

Holyjoe wrote:Seongnam and Daejeon joint bottom of the K2 in 2017.. rewind to 2007 and the two ended up qualifying for the post season K1 championship playoffs. Some fall from grace for both clubs.

It would take something special for a Korean side to outdo English Tier 4 side Blackpool, who were in the Premiership in 2011.

User avatar
jamesedrupt
National League champion
National League champion
Posts: 1339
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:56 pm
Location: Changwon, Gyeongnam.

Re: K-League Challenge 2017

Postby jamesedrupt » Sun May 07, 2017 10:04 pm

13 unbeaten......just saying.

User avatar
changwonmatty
Cabbage country dweller
Cabbage country dweller
Posts: 277
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2015 3:53 pm

Re: K-League Challenge 2017

Postby changwonmatty » Mon May 08, 2017 8:31 pm

Smashing it.....been an incredible run.
Kleague Classic (9) - 서울WC, 수원WC, 인천숭의, 성남탄천, 전주WC, 포항스틸야드, 울산문수, 광주WC,상주종합
Kleague Challenge (9) - 창원축구센터, 창원종합, 마산종합, 진주종합, 양산종합, 대구종합, 함안종합, 부산아시아드, 대전WC
National League (3) - 창원축구센터, 부산구덕, 울산장합

User avatar
jamesedrupt
National League champion
National League champion
Posts: 1339
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:56 pm
Location: Changwon, Gyeongnam.

Re: K-League Challenge 2017

Postby jamesedrupt » Tue May 09, 2017 9:29 am

You called it Liam a few weeks back.

It wouldn't surprise me one bit to see us drop to the bottom of the league over the next few weeks, perhaps even this weekend. A sorry state of affairs indeed.[/quote]

User avatar
RoqueJunior
Cabbage country dweller
Cabbage country dweller
Posts: 278
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 8:49 pm
Location: Bucharest, Romania

Re: K-League Challenge 2017

Postby RoqueJunior » Sat May 13, 2017 8:55 pm

14 unbeaten. The scoreline may suggest it was easy, but not at all.

User avatar
jamesedrupt
National League champion
National League champion
Posts: 1339
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:56 pm
Location: Changwon, Gyeongnam.

Re: K-League Challenge 2017

Postby jamesedrupt » Sun May 14, 2017 10:02 am

Seoul just caved in after the 1st. Far superior side all over the park. Missing our best midfielder too.

User avatar
Evergreen
National League champion
National League champion
Posts: 1750
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2007 6:18 pm
Location: Sejong City
Contact:

Re: K-League Challenge 2017

Postby Evergreen » Tue May 16, 2017 3:56 pm

jamesedrupt wrote:You called it Liam a few weeks back.

It wouldn't surprise me one bit to see us drop to the bottom of the league over the next few weeks, perhaps even this weekend. A sorry state of affairs indeed.
[/quote]

Absolutely shambolic mate. We're certainties for the wooden spoon this year.
Image


Return to “K League”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 3 guests