2017 K-League Classic

Discussion on K League Classic (K1), K League Challenge (K2), FA Cup and other major competitions.
Alex43
Propping up the K2
Propping up the K2

Re: 2017 K-League Classic

Postby Alex43 » Sat Dec 24, 2016 5:29 pm

Holyjoe wrote:Interesting times at Gangwon, somebody is having a serious go at making them into a proper, self-sufficient football club. Reading today that they've set their ticket prices rather high by K-League standards, cheapest tickets for their B grade games (anything that's not a season opener, post-split match or not against Seoul, Suwon or Jeonbuk) will cost W25,000 with a top price of W45,000 for the main stand. The A grade games will cost you a minimum of W30,000.. there's a 50% discount for anyone who has bought shares or invested in the club which will certainly benefit the locals who are interested but it's going to be quite an expensive day out for away fans...

everything at gangwon was just so entertaining until this... there has to be a supply and demand curve and i dont think 30,000 is going cut a decent number of people in the seats. esp when they have to take a bus to and from, or drive from another city... i might rock up in a korean school boy uniform and try to get a discount...
well well well

MipoFanatic
K2 promotion contender
K2 promotion contender

Postby MipoFanatic » Mon Dec 26, 2016 2:10 pm

Renos at Ulsan's stadium include new standing terraces.

Have there been any at other grounds in the K-League since Pohang ripped theirs out?

eujin
K-League K-Pop stalker
K-League K-Pop stalker

Postby eujin » Mon Dec 26, 2016 8:44 pm

MipoFanatic wrote:Have there been any at other grounds in the K-League since Pohang ripped theirs out?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but most of the World Cup stadiums were built before the world went mad for corporate hospitality. What most of them probably need are air-conditioned boxes where you can wear a suit and tie and somewhere you can feed a large number of people an overpriced meal. Corporate hospitality might mean something different in Korea, but I'm sure they could accommodate that as well.

stevep321
Korean football wannabe
Korean football wannabe

Postby stevep321 » Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:38 pm

I you suggesting building room salons in all the stadiums?

Gyongmaman
Cabbage country dweller
Cabbage country dweller

Postby Gyongmaman » Tue Dec 27, 2016 6:55 pm

Seoul tried that "FC Seoul Pub" in the boxes in the corners this season. No idea if it was successful or not as I never went because I thought 30,000 was a bit steep (little did I know that just one year on for that money it would be possible to sit in the rain in the middle of nowhere watching Gangwon) but there always seemed to be people in there. But Sangam is probably the only stadium with a load of boxes.

Seongnam's temporary stand at Tancheon has a standing area in the middle and a small bit of the South stand at Incheon is terraced. Ulsan's the first I've seen of a World Cup Stadium ripping some seats out though.

daeguowl
National League champion
National League champion

Postby daeguowl » Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:58 am

Gyongmaman wrote:Seoul tried that "FC Seoul Pub" in the boxes in the corners this season. No idea if it was successful or not as I never went because I thought 30,000 was a bit steep (little did I know that just one year on for that money it would be possible to sit in the rain in the middle of nowhere watching Gangwon) but there always seemed to be people in there.

It's unlimited beer! If you drink enough you'll come out ahead

MipoFanatic
K2 promotion contender
K2 promotion contender

Postby MipoFanatic » Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:12 am

daeguowl wrote:It's unlimited beer! If you drink enough you'll come out ahead

If it's Korean macrobrew lager you won't have a head when you're done.

daeguowl
National League champion
National League champion

Postby daeguowl » Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:39 am

MipoFanatic wrote:
daeguowl wrote:It's unlimited beer! If you drink enough you'll come out ahead

If it's Korean macrobrew lager you won't have a head when you're done.

I think it was cans of Asahi

RoqueJunior
Cabbage country dweller
Cabbage country dweller

Postby RoqueJunior » Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:26 pm

Very fast. That means no transfers for them? I doubt it

daeguowl
National League champion
National League champion

Postby daeguowl » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:28 am

Apparently I downloaded last season's fixture list on the 16th of January. Presumably this year's fixtures will be out soon.

RoqueJunior
Cabbage country dweller
Cabbage country dweller

Postby RoqueJunior » Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:35 pm

The season ended with the super match and in the first round we will have another super match.

2017 #KLeague Classic Openers
4 March
Ulsan v Pohang
Gwangju v Daegu
Sangju v Gangwon
5 March
Seoul v Suwon
Jeonbuk v Jeonnam
Incheon v Jeju

MipoFanatic
K2 promotion contender
K2 promotion contender

Postby MipoFanatic » Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:34 am

Careful not to use the word "super" twice in one sentence, or you may receive a trademark infringement threat from Major League Soccer. :wink:

eujin
K-League K-Pop stalker
K-League K-Pop stalker

Postby eujin » Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:26 am

MipoFanatic wrote:Careful not to use the word "super" twice in one sentence, or you may receive a trademark infringement threat from Major League Soccer. :wink:

Poor old RoqueJunior. I was going to complain about his incorrect spelling of the word "matchee".

changwonmatty
Sojued-up touchline ajosshi
Sojued-up touchline ajosshi

Postby changwonmatty » Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:18 pm

Holyjoe wrote:Interesting times at Gangwon, somebody is having a serious go at making them into a proper, self-sufficient football club. Reading today that they've set their ticket prices rather high by K-League standards, cheapest tickets for their B grade games (anything that's not a season opener, post-split match or not against Seoul, Suwon or Jeonbuk) will cost W25,000 with a top price of W45,000 for the main stand. The A grade games will cost you a minimum of W30,000.. there's a 50% discount for anyone who has bought shares or invested in the club which will certainly benefit the locals who are interested but it's going to be quite an expensive day out for away fans...

Hahaha...what a laugh.
They had crowds last year of close to nothing with much cheaper tickets. Once the novelty effect of being in the top division and playing in a new stadium wears off (1 game I predict) there is no way anyone but the most hardcore supporter (which probably number no more than 100) will pay that very often.
Kleague Classic (9) - 서울WC, 수원WC, 인천숭의, 성남탄천, 전주WC, 포항스틸야드, 울산문수, 광주WC,상주종합
Kleague Challenge (9) - 창원축구센터, 창원종합, 마산종합, 진주종합, 양산종합, 대구종합, 함안종합, 부산아시아드, 대전WC
National League (3) - 창원축구센터, 부산구덕, 울산장합

andyc24_uk
Kim Byung-ji's hairdresser
Kim Byung-ji's hairdresser

Postby andyc24_uk » Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:32 pm

What's everyone's predictions for how the final table will look then? My guess (Pre round 1)

1. Jeju
2. Ulsan
3. Seoul
4. Gangwon
5. Pohang
6. Jeonbuk
7. Jeonnam
8. Sangju
9. Incheon
10. Suwon
11. Gwangju
12. Daegu

Jeju have been steadily improving for a couple of seasons now and this is probably the best chance they'll get to take the title back to the island; Ulsan looked strong the back half of last year and should be competitive again, especially if they exit the ACL; Seoul look well off the pace so far and 3rd is being generous, expecting them to spend a lot in the summer; Gangwon seem to have had a ton of money pumped into them to make them a competitive team and given their signings look pretty good I suspect it might pay off; Pohang are OK but not overly inspiring; Jeonbuk are a mess and will really miss Kwon Sun-tae in goal; Jeonnam have good young players but probably not quite there yet; Sangju lost the manager who made them a genuine threat last season but still retained some good players and added several more talented army signings so shouldn't have to worry too much about a relegation battle; Incheon looked much better at the back end of last season and their summer signings seem to be a step in the right direction; Suwon were utter crap last year and I've seen nothing to suggest that will change; Gwangju lost too many key players and could really struggle this time; and Daegu very similar, not sure Thai League Brazilians are going to cut it here.
This season I will be mostly supporting :
KLClassic - Jeonbuk Hyundai Motors / KLChallenge & National League - Anyone & Everyone / K3 League - Jeonju Citizen

Return to “K League”