2016 Prediction League Cup

Discussion on K League Classic (K1), K League Challenge (K2), FA Cup and other major competitions.
User avatar
Holyjoe
K-League Classic champion
K-League Classic champion
Posts: 11602
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 11:57 pm
Contact:

2016 Prediction League Cup

Postby Holyjoe » Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:21 am

Back again like.. well, like something that keeps coming back when you'd rather it went away, it's time for what will probably be a much-shortened but much loved Prediction League Cup competition.

There's no fun in the K3 any more now that Martyrs have disappeared and we've not got the ridiculous scorelines each week, and nobody from here goes to watch the National League any more so it might not even exist nowadays. We could do the K2 but that's just more of the same and anyway we've conveniently got some World Cup qualifiers coming up and the national team have not been involved in Prediction League action before so it's about time they were. That also works out nicely as JUNO Hair Patented Own Brand Miracle Moustache Growth Cream, the moustache growth cream of choice of the likes of national team legends Uli Stielike and Kang Soo-il, have taken over sponsorship of the competition so there's a nicely rounded national team theme going on.

And so then begins the 2016 JUNO Hair Patented Own Brand Miracle Moustache Growth Cream ROKfootball Prediction League Cup, Round 1 Sub-Sponsored by Ahn Jung-hwan's Short-lived 2009-2011 Dalian Shide Attempted Disguise Moustache. It's nice and simple, unlike the tournament moniker - predict the result of the forthcoming September 1st World Cup qualifier between South Korea and China with points allocated following the tried-and-trusted scoring process below and we'll see who progresses to the semi-finals. The September 6th qualifier against Syria will be used if any replays are required.

2016 JUNO Hair Patented Own Brand Miracle Moustache Growth Cream ROKfootball Prediction League Cup, Round 1 Sub-Sponsored by Ahn Jung-hwan's Short-lived 2009-2011 Dalian Shide Attempted Disguise Moustache Draw

SteveW v changwonmatty
Holyjoe v paquebot
daeguowl v Alex43
Marco91 v jamesedrupt

Predictions in for the South Korea v China game by 8pm on September 1st thanks.

Code: Select all

Correct result: 10 points

Or

Correct outcome: 5 points
Correct home score: 2 points
Correct away score: 2 points
Home score within 1 goal: 1 point
Away score within 1 goal: 1 point

So if the game finishes Korea 2-1 China and you predict that exact result you get 10 points.
If you predicted a 2-0 win to Korea you'd get 8 points (correct outcome, correct home score and away within 1 goal).
If you predicted a 5-3 win to Korea  you'd get 5 points (correct outcome, way off with scores).
If you predicted a 10-0 win to China you'd get nothing
If you predicted a 1-1 draw then you'd get 3 points (correct away score, home within 1 goal).

User avatar
daeguowl
National League champion
National League champion
Posts: 1707
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:28 pm
Location: Seoul
Contact:

Re: 2016 Prediction League Cup

Postby daeguowl » Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:30 pm

Korea 2-0 China

User avatar
jamesedrupt
National League champion
National League champion
Posts: 1339
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:56 pm
Location: Changwon, Gyeongnam.

Re: 2016 Prediction League Cup

Postby jamesedrupt » Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:04 pm

South Korea 2-1 China

User avatar
Alex43
National League champion
National League champion
Posts: 1897
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:17 am

Re: 2016 Prediction League Cup

Postby Alex43 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:26 pm

4-1 Reds
well well well

User avatar
paquebot
National League champion
National League champion
Posts: 1127
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:18 pm
Location: Cabbage Country

Re: 2016 Prediction League Cup

Postby paquebot » Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:57 am

Korea 2-0 China
In Yangju, if your cabbage doesn't understand you and you have valid reason for not eating it, then it is ok to go to other vegetables for your kimchi - though strictly nothing from south of Namyangju. -- Martyrs Forever

User avatar
Rothesay Saint
Propping up the K2
Propping up the K2
Posts: 2501
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2006 4:08 pm
Location: Wonju

Re: 2016 Prediction League Cup

Postby Rothesay Saint » Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:48 am

Korea 1-0 China
Bring back King Cha.

User avatar
Holyjoe
K-League Classic champion
K-League Classic champion
Posts: 11602
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 11:57 pm
Contact:

Re: 2016 Prediction League Cup

Postby Holyjoe » Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:49 pm

Rothesay Saint wrote:Korea 1-0 China


Hey you, you're barred.

Korea 1-0 China

User avatar
Rothesay Saint
Propping up the K2
Propping up the K2
Posts: 2501
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2006 4:08 pm
Location: Wonju

Re: 2016 Prediction League Cup

Postby Rothesay Saint » Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:32 pm

Holyjoe wrote:
Rothesay Saint wrote:Korea 1-0 China


Hey you, you're barred.

Korea 1-0 China


I'm down as first reserve. Someone doesn't turn up then I get to take their place. It's in Rule 67.1 (ii).
Bring back King Cha.

User avatar
SteveW
K2 promotion contender
K2 promotion contender
Posts: 3589
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2005 12:52 am
Location: Eunpyeong-gu, Seoul

Re: 2016 Prediction League Cup

Postby SteveW » Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:18 pm

2-1korea
2014 Cass Lemon ROKfootball Prediction League Cup Competition brought to you in association with Dal Shabet Champion!!!

Groundhopping: the48club.wordpress.com

SEFC: seoulelandfc.wordpress.com

48 Club Count = 47. ONE TO GO!

User avatar
Marco91
Korean football wannabe
Korean football wannabe
Posts: 52
Joined: Fri May 27, 2016 7:52 am

Re: 2016 Prediction League Cup

Postby Marco91 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:59 am

1-0 S.korea

User avatar
Rothesay Saint
Propping up the K2
Propping up the K2
Posts: 2501
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2006 4:08 pm
Location: Wonju

Re: 2016 Prediction League Cup

Postby Rothesay Saint » Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:33 pm

I don't see any sign of changwonmatty. I'll just have to take his place and give SteveW the kind of beating he normally only gets off of irate sheep farmers.

3-2 Korea.
Bring back King Cha.

User avatar
Alex43
National League champion
National League champion
Posts: 1897
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:17 am

Re: 2016 Prediction League Cup

Postby Alex43 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:03 am

knowing we wouldnt score 5, i should have gone for 3-1, that would have given me the extra point and been smarter as the one-off bonus range would have been 2 through 4... anyways, i guess my 4-1 gets me 7 points? i was pretty worried that we would have tied, but to be honest, i would have won that was as well if it was 3-3... let just give me the cup now yeah?
well well well

User avatar
Holyjoe
K-League Classic champion
K-League Classic champion
Posts: 11602
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 11:57 pm
Contact:

Re: 2016 Prediction League Cup

Postby Holyjoe » Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:26 am

Rothesay Saint wrote:I don't see any sign of changwonmatty. I'll just have to take his place and give SteveW the kind of beating he normally only gets off of irate sheep farmers.

3-2 Korea.


The first ever non-league participant in the Prediction League Cup but sadly same old, same old regards cheating. I knew I should have replied to this thread when I'd read it just before kick-off to remove the possibility of RothesaySaint pulling the same trick he pulled in last year's final of sneakily editing a prediction made in the last post in a thread in the full knowledge that there's no "edited on such and such a date" line in such posts. Therefore RothesaySaint's original 1-0 prediction stands, he was permitted entry to the competition as even after a Private Message reminder changwonmatty didn't turn up, but he's out at the first hurdle. Good riddance.

2016 JUNO Hair Patented Own Brand Miracle Moustache Growth Cream ROKfootball Prediction League Cup, Round 1 Sub-Sponsored by Ahn Jung-hwan's Short-lived 2009-2011 Dalian Shide Attempted Disguise Moustache Results
SteveW 6-5 RothesaySaint
Holyjoe 5-6 paquebot
daeguowl 6-7 Alex43
Marco91 5-7 jamesedrupt

The semi-final will involve predicting the result of the October 6th World Cup qualifier against Qatar. Draw to be made before then, assuming I remember...

User avatar
Rothesay Saint
Propping up the K2
Propping up the K2
Posts: 2501
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2006 4:08 pm
Location: Wonju

Re: 2016 Prediction League Cup

Postby Rothesay Saint » Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:18 pm

Holyjoe wrote:
Rothesay Saint wrote:I don't see any sign of changwonmatty. I'll just have to take his place and give SteveW the kind of beating he normally only gets off of irate sheep farmers.

3-2 Korea.


The first ever non-league participant in the Prediction League Cup but sadly same old, same old regards cheating. I knew I should have replied to this thread when I'd read it just before kick-off to remove the possibility of RothesaySaint pulling the same trick he pulled in last year's final of sneakily editing a prediction made in the last post in a thread in the full knowledge that there's no "edited on such and such a date" line in such posts. Therefore RothesaySaint's original 1-0 prediction stands, he was permitted entry to the competition as even after a Private Message reminder changwonmatty didn't turn up, but he's out at the first hurdle. Good riddance.

2016 JUNO Hair Patented Own Brand Miracle Moustache Growth Cream ROKfootball Prediction League Cup, Round 1 Sub-Sponsored by Ahn Jung-hwan's Short-lived 2009-2011 Dalian Shide Attempted Disguise Moustache Results
SteveW 6-5 RothesaySaint
Holyjoe 5-6 paquebot
daeguowl 6-7 Alex43
Marco91 5-7 jamesedrupt

The semi-final will involve predicting the result of the October 6th World Cup qualifier against Qatar. Draw to be made before then, assuming I remember...



Yeah, yeah. Got the message, but I'm not prepared to spend that much in bribes just to win a QF in such a tinpot competition.

Funny that the semi-finals are on October 6th though, because I heard a rumour that there was going to be a bigger prediction league cup debuting on that day. :smt117
Bring back King Cha.

User avatar
Alex43
National League champion
National League champion
Posts: 1897
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:17 am

Re: 2016 Prediction League Cup

Postby Alex43 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:48 am

do my points carry over? can i get a bonus?
well well well


Return to “K League”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest